Easily Impressed

Wayward Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on my way back from a necessary supermarket trip this morning and saw a guy by his back gate at the bottom of my street. He moved well out of my way as I went past and I gave him a nod and a thanks. As I did so, I noticed a Libre sensor on his arm. I got far more excited about this than the situation warranted and called back to him about it. We had a fun, semi-shouting (due to standing about 10 metres apart) conversation about how awesome the sensors are, and then I went on my way. I just felt I needed to share this ;). I'm not super nerdy, YOU'RE super nerdy!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha! Brilliant!

i have yet to see a sensor ‘in the wild’, though I have seen them on celebs and (of course) one famous UK politician, on TV.
Only one person has ever queried mine, and that was after I saw them eyeing it, and gave them an opening. :)

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't have a libre but I have seen somebody with one, my mum said I should go and ask if he got them on the nhs and if so, what hospital he goes to :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m glad it’s not just me that likes doing this sort of thing!
You're definitely not!
I once made a complete fool out of myself when I spotted a Libre in the wild in a restaurant and got way too excited about it :hilarious:
The other guy clearly wasn't amused at having been 'outed' in public, even if he was wearing his Libre in full view. Sorry, random stranger! :bag:

10570553_748493191876525_152511260947692330_n.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was on my way back from a necessary supermarket trip this morning and saw a guy by his back gate at the bottom of my street. He moved well out of my way as I went past and I gave him a nod and a thanks. As I did so, I noticed a Libre sensor on his arm. I got far more excited about this than the situation warranted and called back to him about it. We had a fun, semi-shouting (due to standing about 10 metres apart) conversation about how awesome the sensors are, and then I went on my way. I just felt I needed to share this ;). I'm not super nerdy, YOU'RE super nerdy!

Love it :)

Reactions: Wayward Blood

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I spotted someone with one at a meeting I was giving a talk at - she pulled out her scanner and off we went on a long bonding conversation!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First one I saw was at the pool before I got my prescription, guy shouted me as I was fingerpricking pre swim, then onther time at the pool as I was putting my trainers on a little girl was staring at it, I smiled and she went to her mum and got her sensor, I said 'aw' and the funniest was recently when out for a meal with the little un I asked for a rough cooking time explaining I was a T1 and the guy said 'me too' and showed me his Dexcom reader :p and I showed him my Nightscout.

Mine was bigger :p

Reactions: annie-p

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The last one I saw was in a supermarket, in Thailand. It was being worn by a German lady who was having problems buying butter.

I helped her sort out her butter, and had a few words about the Libre, and that was it.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First one I saw was at the pool before I got my prescription, guy shouted me as I was fingerpricking pre swim, then onther time at the pool as I was putting my trainers on a little girl was staring at it, I smiled and she went to her mum and got her sensor, I said 'aw' and the funniest was recently when out for a meal with the little un I asked for a rough cooking time explaining I was a T1 and the guy said 'me too' and showed me his Dexcom reader :p and I showed him my Nightscout.

Mine was bigger :p

Ah, but whose was more accurate? :)

Wayward Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m loving all these replies. Abbott should come up with a secret nod and include instructions in the packaging for when we come across each other in the (post-Covid19) wild.

snufflebabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I was once in sainsburys at the self serve till, there was a lady wearing a libre,one end then a lady who was a type 1 who had a pancreas/kidney transplant years ago, who I’d not seen for years, then me wearing my libre. All in 1 queue. I thought what’s the chances of that!