Opinions on Dario monitor

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
so my mum told me to try the Dario monitor and we’ll i prefer it a lot. It’s very helpful and easy to use and good that you don’t have to get a case for it and that it’s very discrete and smaller that no one gives odd looks anymore and it’s a lot easier to track on the app your results and carbs I’ve only had it since Sunday and am loving it. . The only disadvantage I would I can think of is if you go low and end up where you needed help. That so many people have PIN number or a password on their mobile so they wouldn’t be able to access it.

Does anyone else use it and if so what’s your opinion.

D

Deleted Account

Thanks for highlighting this.
It certainly looks good.

I just want to mention your comment “you don’t have to get a case for it”.
I have always thrown the ugly cases that come with BG meters away as they are bulky and not needed. I just put the meter, strips and lancers straight in my bag or pocket.
However, they sometimes get lost amongst my “stuff” which the Dario thing is less likely to do.

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
I loved the DARIO everything in the small hard shell case , my problem came when iPhone removed the earphone point , I know I cld use the adapter but I found that a faff , but the strips , lancets etc were available on prescription from GP .

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I loved the DARIO everything in the small hard shell case , my problem came when iPhone removed the earphone point , I know I cld use the adapter but I found that a faff , but the strips , lancets etc were available on prescription from GP .
Weird mine came so it slots in the charging port not earphone point.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for highlighting this.
It certainly looks good.

I just want to mention your comment “you don’t have to get a case for it”.
I have always thrown the ugly cases that come with BG meters away as they are bulky and not needed. I just put the meter, strips and lancers straight in my bag or pocket.
However, they sometimes get lost amongst my “stuff” which the Dario thing is less likely to do.
That is true and another advantage I’ve noticed is you don’t need any WiFi or data so the results or to test can be logged I noticed this when I went on holiday in August it worked on the flight that was 10 and a half hours. Same in airport. Yeah it’s not easy to get lost. However I usually keep it in the front of my bag. I used to do the same thing before i had the Dario.

I also like how there’s a food menu: so you can record regular meals and carbs you have without having to Calculate all the carbs again.

Does anyone know why mine came with USB that fits in charging port as a lot of others say theirs fit in the earphone port. I’m just curious. Did dario decide to change it?

@alohanicky2009 Do you know why? Since yours came with earphone port what do you think do you think they changed it or ?). Also yeah same with the strips here however I’ve got them on my prescription now and have had them on for a few months

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
That is true and another advantage I’ve noticed is you don’t need any WiFi or data so the results or to test can be logged I noticed this when I went on holiday in August it worked on the flight that was 10 and a half hours. Same in airport. Yeah it’s not easy to get lost. However I usually keep it in the front of my bag. I used to do the same thing before i had the Dario.

I also like how there’s a food menu: so you can record regular meals and carbs you have without having to Calculate all the carbs again.

Does anyone know why mine came with USB that fits in charging port as a lot of others say theirs fit in the earphone port. I’m just curious. Did dario decide to change it?

@alohanicky2009 Do you know why? Since yours came with earphone port what do you think do you think they changed it or ?). Also yeah same with the strips here however I’ve got them on my prescription now and have had them on for a few months

hi sorry not been on site for a while -alohanicky2009 here ? I stopped using the Dario as like others found it a faff using the extension dongle but I might get back in touch with Dario if it uses different plug in . I loved my Dario although I don’t use it I do keep it in the car as a back up .

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’ve looked at the Dario a few times but always dismissed it due to being more messing around to use than any other meter

I use the contour next one, which is small and Bluetooth but most importantly it works stand alone so does not need a phone to work, but can be used with several apps if you wish..

I guess it comes down to how many tests you do a day, and how quickly you wish to them.. I do 8 plus tests and want quick hassle free results