Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1586186390666.jpg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just watched the first episode, brilliant! And no advertisements in between either :)

Thanks for the heads up, I'd have missed it without your message!

The only problem is that I'm sorely missing subtitles. Reading and writing in English (especially with a helpful google search only a new tab away when I can't find a word or don't understand a phrase) is not the same at all as listening to it at a high speed with a barrage of witty jokes and references to things both before my time and outside my country. I'm missing half I think. Still, the half I do catch is very much worth my time!

The Christmas Dinners episode, I think, crosses all barriers! I'd do things differently now, but in an era of my life where dealing with many different people's ideas of hospitality and "eating what's put in front of you" whether you wanted to eat or not this could so easily have happened to me (and it did to a sibling and partner not wishing to offend either mother on Christmas Day!)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

It was the recycling bin. I decided to trust those neighbours who'd already put their bins out when I did mine last night on my way to my daily walk. I am slowly working my way through the massive pile of cards passed on to me for use with students (cutting off the part with writing, so we can use the pictures.) and getting rid of cardboard I'd saved for children's work at church since none of that's happening at the moment so I was pleased to be able to put out a very full recycling bin!

About to poddle down to the nearest supermarket with the shopping trolley for the day's exercise. I will be pleased to be able to return to my usual shopping habits of little and often as needed on my way home from work or as part of my evening walk - the supermarkets are closing too early for that latter to work for me at the moment (and, obviously, I'm not at work at the moment...)

Increased basal definitely the way forwards. Just written myself a large note for when we're out of lockdown and I'm back on more normal levels of activity to decrease it again!!

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Diabetnam..

Woke on an interesting low.. XDrip just said "LOW."
Staggered a bit headed to the kitchen. Made a coffee grabbed a biscuit. My heads up display was telling me I was a little higher than rock bottom..
Sat down & meter tested, 4.2. Scanned with the Libre app, 4.3. That was 15 minutes ago. Calibrated XDrip.
Just tested again with the meter, 3.8. XDrip concurs. Probably drop a little lower before I come back up.

The sun is shining the garden looks great & my van is clean.. Just nowhere to go but back in the BG zone.

Stay safe!

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning peeps! Had a horrible hypo last night just about remember waking up to treat it with some lucozade and snacks. Woke up to a bg of 6.3 thought it would be much higher tbh so happy with that. Hope everyone has a good and safe day. WFH for me then back to watching tiger king on Netflix.

Reactions: kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I'm very well thanks for asking.
After a long battle with the NHS I now have a freestyle libre on prescription!
Its Fabulous it really is i'm so happy with it as is my wife.

How are you?
I’m pretty well too. That’s very good news about the Libre, tho beware, if you also download LibreLink it can sometimes be sulky if it has to read the results through layers of KT and various bit of clothing. My phone link particularly dislikes one of my favourite jumpers, any outdoor coverings and some of my tops. LibreLink fashion police or desire to see all T1s starkers in Eden?

Reactions: Tony337 and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The baking yesterday was ok to eat (I’m not the world’s best baker) so I’m happy. Told husband the share each I’d counted out and put some in the freezer. He’s inclined to eat everything that he likes if he can see it in the larder, all the lovely lentil crisps have already disappeared into his gut, so I’m not risking it with a bit of successful for once baking. I made both, scones and Victoria, but an add your own jam depending on bloods one. I have to come to the reluctant conclusion that if it weren’t for T1 I’d probably have eaten most of the baking before I told him it was ready.
3.4 this morning, conscious and cheerful.

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Need to add plain chocolate, lots more eggs, flour and butter to the Friday shopping list, I feel some chocolate brownies hovering on the horizon. Just after I wrote this I had a call from the new owners of a garden and veg shop we go to - they’ve taken an order for delivery. Woohoo!!! They’re running to stand still with the orders flooding in.
Did anyone else see the recorded live screening of Billy Elliot on Sunday,
Have a lovely day everyone, stay safe, stay well, but give any cheerful insanities enough room to flourish.

Last edited:

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Had to take a correction just before bed (too much chocolate after I’d wrangled the kids into bed) but looks like I called it just right, woke on a 5.4.

Today we’re making a newspaper for my grandma who is stuck alone in a care home. She can’t use video calls or a phone herself anymore so this is her only way to get family updates.

Stay safe everyone!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, squarely in the right zone this morning, 5.4 - just have to re-adjust breakfast timings as now spiking a bit after breakfast........if it's not one thing it's the other...........!

Reactions: SueJB and kev-w

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @kev-w that looks like some off-raod biking! Glad you got back safely.

@Antje77 so glad you like it and hope you can pick up enough of it to make it worth watching all of them.

Had another stonking hypo yesterday evening, maybe slight miscaclulation on carbs for dinner but really not enough to plunge as far and fast as it did. Finally got it back, fell asleep on the sofa with the dog and woke up at 1.30 this morning on a 20 - bleuh! Really can't explain that one entirely. Hey ho, that's T1.

meant to be a lovely day today, in the garden again I think. Hope you all have a good day whether you're working at work, at home, furloughed, retired, whatever!

Hi @hh1 that is one of the joys of being type 1 , the inconsistency of our BG. In fact its the only thing that is consistent, is the inconsistency.

I typically get up at same time every day, have the same amount of insulin and carbs at same time. Some mornings BG will go from around 6 , shooting up to 12, other days it will drop below 4 other days it stays around 6. Defo keeps us on our toes

Looks like a few had overnight lows, not wishing to feel left out, I also had a 3.8 around 2am this morning. 6 jelly beans and woke to a pleasant 5.9 this morning.

Just about to listen to Popmaster on Radio 2. As its sunny for a change here at moment, think I will go out and clean the windows. Have lunch then give grass its first cut of the year. Oooh the joys of being furloughed from work.

Have a safe and enjoyable day all. Keep smiling:):)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Phone died at around 0400 because I didn’t park it on the wireless dock properly, so my Loop went down for three hours until I woke at 0700 (husband’s alarm). Plugged it in, and Dexcom must have pulled all the data from the sensor (I wonder how long it stores it? I know Libre keeps the last 8 hours) and I was stable in the mid 4s all night. So that’s nice.

Going to disappear upstairs to do some uni work when husbeast goes to work shortly, then I might venture to Lidl for some fresh goodies. Just put some “Broccoli Raab” seeds on to sprout, I wonder if that’s Dominic’s slightly more competent brother?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today we’re making a newspaper for my grandma who is stuck alone in a care home. She can’t use video calls or a phone herself anymore so this is her only way to get family updates.

Stay safe everyone!

Hi,

My mum is pretty much mystified by tech after the 1980s. But lives with & cared by my sister.. (Alzhiemers.)
We do video links with my sister's devices. At first mum was bemused ar to why I was on the TV.
But now feels a proper phone call should be done with a face.
She's in her late 80s I'm kind of impressed how our mum is still slowly picking up new things, despite a cognitive disorder.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A good late morning y'all, slightly low waking at 7am but am ok, aching a little from the extended ride and on with sanding walls, well filling and sanding and filling again, I should really ride but I've not made my mind up yet :p

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A good late morning y'all, slightly low waking at 7am but am ok, aching a little from the extended ride and on with sanding walls, well filling and sanding and filling again, I should really ride but I've not made my mind up yet :p

Crack filling, @kev-w ? Or "blown" plaster repairs?
I always found natural daylight helps the eyeing it up.
.. Along with car pannel repairs too.

Reactions: kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can recommend walking home for half an hour with the weekly shop as weight training exercise! I was going to get the bus home (they are almost empty at the moment, my ticket is paid for on a Direct Debit - I looked into "suspending" it and restarting it when I went back to work and realised it wasn't going to be that easy... fine if I could've given 4 weeks notice, but this hasn't worked that way) but when I checked on the app and discovered I'd just missed the Best Bus home, the next one was due in an hour, and 2nd Best Bus in half an hour, We're now on a worse than Sunday timetable for Best Bus.

Anyway, I thought I'd just get walking. I trolley full, 1 bag with light stuff and the fridge stuff in a backpack. The very nice till operator and I agreed those of us used to shopping on our own and using shopping trolleys were probably the ones winning totally at current shopping circumstances.

I gave up on the idea of an Easter Egg this year as I couldn't see a dark chocolate one, but I have Hot Cross Buns! The only real thing missing from the shelves was single pints of milk. I improvised since I won't be having visitors who would like milk in drinks - omelettes this week will be made with a splash of double cream instead.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So I haven't been feeling like writing a lot on the forum, I found I like writing happy or funny stories a lot more than sad ones.
Still no happy stories today. The day started out pretty good but an hour ago one of the kittens was killed by a car on the road right in front of my house.
The kittens are about 7 months now and have started to venture outside the garden lately. Idiot driver hasn't even stopped to see if it was still alive. The only good part is that it was clearly killed instantly by brain damage.
Very glad my neighbour chose to forget about social distancing for a minute to hold me while I was uncontrollably crying.