What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning and all's well :)

I shall be away for a while, need to self isolate my mind as there's far too much going on for my autistic brain, going into logic isolation with my aspie colleagues. Stay safe ;)

Just to add re. Zoom security:

While there is always a potential for third parties to monitor information it should be viewed in perspective. The issues with Zoom are related to corporate conferencing where sensitive information that could benefit rivals or give an edge to unscrupulous people and not to where Billy is chatting to grandma. Whilst we like to think we are important to the world of cyber terrorism we are generally not. Common sense applies, don't share with a third party what you don't want the public to see, but for simply staying in touch with friends and loved ones there is no problem. The concept that end to end encryption will protect you is usually false unless it is multilayered using VPNs etc and even then, a dedicated hacking team will open that tunnel pretty quickly.

This forum is a wide-open data stream that you use daily to chat about life, no encryption, no protection at all and all posts searchable by non-members ;)

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning, still early so that could well change. Certainly it’s better than yesterday’s high 6s all day but I put that down to illness which kept me in bed all of Monday (not cv symptoms). I’m fancying coffee again now though so I must be better.
Today is my first day venturing out for over 2 weeks, I volunteered to deliver meds to local self isolating people, but then our household went into quarantine for a fortnight so I had to stop. I’m feeling surprisingly anxious about going out but I think I’ll feel better for doing something positive.
Yesterday No2 daughter went to the chemist which had a complicated system of arrows and boxes to stand in ( there are 2 counters, one pharmacy and one post office) while she was trying to figure out which way to go, a lady coming out stopped to explain it to her, then in an unconscious friendly gesture, touched my daughters arm. The effect was amazing - everyone in there took a sharp breath in horror and the poor lady didn’t know what to say. Daughter said she felt so sorry for her, she was obviously aghast at what she’d done. It’s so hard to stop basic human instinct for contact.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I shall be away for a while, need to self isolate my mind as there's far too much going on for my autistic brain, going into logic isolation with my aspie colleagues. Stay safe ;)

While there is always a potential for third parties to monitor information it should be viewed in perspective. The issues with Zoom are related to corporate conferencing where sensitive information that could benefit rivals or give an edge to unscrupulous people and not to where Billy is chatting to grandma. Whilst we like to think we are important to the world of cyber terrorism we are generally not. Common sense applies, don't share with a third party what you don't want the public to see, but for simply staying in touch with friends and loved ones there is no problem. The concept that end to end encryption will protect you is usually false unless it is multilayered using VPNs etc and even then, a dedicated hacking team will open that tunnel pretty quickly.

This forum is a wide-open data stream that you use daily to chat about life, no encryption, no protection at all and all posts searchable by non-members ;)
Take care OldButBold .I completely get the ‘too much going on here’ sentiment. Stay safe and we’ll see you on the other side.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Come back soon obb take care

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Snap with @karen8967 5.6 today.
@OldButBold take care of yourself and come back soon. @DJC3 sorry you have been unwell but glad you are better now. I didnt like queueing at Boots when I did it, makes you anxious, luckily now have a volunteer to pick up my meds once a month for which I am so grateful. The poor lady I can feel for her, most want to be only kind. Stay safe when you do your volunteering, great thing to do for your community. @Muddy Cyclist sorry you are unwell, get better pronto.
Not sure what today has in store for me. Some creative cookery with three large chicken thighs for dinner, more hoeing, will find another cupboard to tidy and the shallow task of dyeing my eyebrows after home kit arrived from Amazon. I am not a high maintenance girl by any means but my hair and eyebrows get tinted once a month. Shant bother about my hair but my eyebrows are fading into oblivion. If it all goes wrong at least I am hiding lol.
Have a good Wednesday all. Find some simple pleasure, something to make you smile.
Stay/get well, stay safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

You take care @OldButBold

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Stay safe, looking forward to your informative posts on your return

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another wonderful morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of batch cooking parsnip crisps and deserted beeches came in at 5.2 this am (other tree species are available).

Hooray! International bin day has again appeared, as if by magic. Bins, it has been discovered, don’t need to socially isolate as the previous rumour that they could contaminate each other has been found to be a big porky pie put out by Russian spies to put a strain on a nation already suffering from a shortage of bog roll and that more exclusive and elusive, toilet tissue.

Afternoon tea went well yesterday, it’s nice to have a focus for each day and the teapot likes a bit of attention, with loose tea spooned lavishly from an old Fortnum tea caddy obtained in better times when the word isolate was only found on packets of protein powder.

As it was a pink supermoon last night, Mrs Miggins self isolated in another room and used all manner of nasty smelly to remove some nail polish - I watched a horror film.

According to the beeb, we have now to receive a series of lessons such as, “what is an ICU?” “Who’s in charge if the PM stubs his toe?” But Bojo has been found in a stable condition practicing his dressage and it is really Jimmy Greaves that is poorly sick.

Have a great day if you can, play nicely in the garden - make survival suits out of items that can be found around the house.

Kofee

upload_2020-4-8_8-0-5.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Snap with @karen8967 5.6 today.
@OldButBold take care of yourself and come back soon. @DJC3 sorry you have been unwell but glad you are better now. I didnt like queueing at Boots when I did it, makes you anxious, luckily now have a volunteer to pick up my meds once a month for which I am so grateful. The poor lady I can feel for her, most want to be only kind. Stay safe when you do your volunteering, great thing to do for your community. @Muddy Cyclist sorry you are unwell, get better pronto.
Not sure what today has in store for me. Some creative cookery with three large chicken thighs for dinner, more hoeing, will find another cupboard to tidy and the shallow task of dyeing my eyebrows after home kit arrived from Amazon. I am not a high maintenance girl by any means but my hair and eyebrows get tinted once a month. Shant bother about my hair but my eyebrows are fading into oblivion. If it all goes wrong at least I am hiding lol.
Have a good Wednesday all. Find some simple pleasure, something to make you smile.
Stay/get well, stay safe.
Thanks PM, headache gone, thank goodness.

@OldButBold you will be missed but needs must take care.

Dilemma about non essential / essential journey today. Have been alerted to security issue with MILs bungalow so Mrs MC is fretting, 60 mile round trip, should we or shouldn't we? We will see no one, meet no one, but even so there is that nagging feeling of guilt if we do decide to go.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.6 (perhaps) from my body .Stripping out all the special circumstances excuses. I ate LC and that is a fail . Now more than ever some honesty wouldn't go amiss (72.6 kgs , !! st 6, shows what LC actually does for me - very uninteded consequence), Running a country by whistling a happy tune is being shown up badly. If there is a leader transfer market we should get Ardern asap whatever the cost. @OldButBold a wise move but our (huge) loss. @DJC3 glad you are feeling better (we must chat:angelic:) ; @Muddy Cyclist hope the hedache goes away soon. @dunelm parsnip crisps eh and I was only watching a Jimmy Greaves documentary the other day. Stay well and safe and once again this cap fits

https://www.acousticbinder.com/lyrics-chords/the-allman-brothers-band/ramblin-man.html

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info. Whilst I am not unhappy about using Zoom other members of music groups we are involved in are for the reason @SaskiaKC mentioned and so we are not useing it, a shame really. So rehearsing to computer generated sound files, they sound a little like the noise a barrel organ makes, not the same as feeling the music from the other group members.
That is one of the reasons I am not running my classes on Zoom. The other reasons are that internet speed is rubbish over a lot of rural Norfolk and probably the most important reason is that I am a bit rubbish at even the simplest technical stuff.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 fbs. At 11pm last night was 4.5 so all good.

This morning was debating whether to order my two packs of test strips that I get on prescription. Or should I order them with my subscribe and save items from Amazon - which would probably be safer than going to the chemist to pick up a prescription. Brain obviously not working very well as I can't decide.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

5.8 on this wonderful bin day.

I don't need worry about anybody spying on my internet activities, it's Mrs J keeping tabs on me I worry about, whoops must go she is looking in my direction again.

Look after yourself @OldButBold and everyone else.
Stay well, stay safe and stay at home.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, firstly I must apologise for being missing in action. I have been busy with work since my third eye surgery and as such just visited, lurked and not posted. Work have decided that as I'm "High Risk of dying" (their exact words) from COVID 19, I must work from home for the foreseeable future, goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the bum on the way out! So am now ensconced in the living room "working" from home! Not too bad if I'm honest, I have been battling the meter of doom quite hard lately with readings being in the high range, I think its because I'm not training at all at the moment so adjustments to my insulin regime is needed and I don't want to bother the nurses at this crazy time.
I hope that everyone is well and coping from the isolation imposed on us in the Diabetes army (if you wish to isolate that is) we are doing the "Shielding" thing for my wife as she is on permanent Chemotherapy for Crohns disease and I don't want to risk her catching this virus, but I must say that I quite like the isolation and not having to "people" at the moment (I totally understand it is hard for the vast majority but it's my view) I will send hugs to all of those that need it and massive well dones to everyone else.

Take care, and importantly Stay Safe