OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi all ,

Another year another review. This year I wanted to get organised and asked in February to have my blood test results. It has only taken 2 X letters to my GP enclosing SAE's to get them.

So I was diagnosed 4 years ago did the Newcastle diet before finding this forum and since then have been strictly low carb. Over the last year I've been very low carb 10-20 grams per day. Over the last 6 months I've been mainly doing 2 meals a day one about 12 the other 6 or 7 o'clock. I do the occasional 24 hour fast and am stick thin. ( BMI of about 19) I walk 10,000 steps per day and am building up my muscle strength with weights and push ups. Despite my extra careful approach to my health I have exactly the same A1c level as last year. Its OK , dont get me wrong, but all things considered it could be better. I still test multiple times a day. Trying to find things that would work for me and things that dont. Eg Berberin which I took for 12 weeks without any effect that I could detect.

I've uploaded my blood results after taking out any personal / doctors names to comply with this sites rules and would welcome any thoughts about them,

I Have a phone review this Thursday morning .

Wishing you all well in these very strange times...

Attachments

• blood test 1 2020 anon 2.jpg
    blood test 1 2020 anon 2.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 272
  • blood test 1 2020 anon.jpg
    blood test 1 2020 anon.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 272
  • blood test 3 2020 anon.jpg
    blood test 3 2020 anon.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 265

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know there are two (or more) schools of thought on this but I think that we all have a threshold that our bodies simply refuse to go lower than and if we artificially try to force it to cooperate, other things kick in which could also have a negative affect. For example, my cholesterol level REFUSES to drop to this 'normal' magical level of 4 which I know through trial and very stressful error, to get it to do so I would have to take a drug...and I won't because my ratios are perfect. I do get that when a body is wonky in some way it can do strange things but having said that our body's are complex, clever and wonderful things, it can adjust & compensate. Do you think your health would be massively better if it dropped below 42? To me you seem very stable and surely that is a good thing, you are thin, you are low carb, you exercise, the only way you coud get it lower is by medication (by the sound of it) and would you really want to do this and render you vulnerable to other risks, to get it a few points lower?. You are doing a great job in my opinion. x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Just curious, is there a c-peptide level in that lot? Way way too many T1/LADAs get initially diagnosed as T2s and can last a year or so on diminishing insulin production because they lower their carbs....

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
. You are doing a great job in my opinion. x[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your thoughts .

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just curious, is there a c-peptide level in that lot? Way way too many T1/LADAs get initially diagnosed as T2s and can last a year or so on diminishing insulin production because they lower their carbs....
Nope - Thanks for your thoughts I'll take that up in my review which is meant to happen tomorrow by phone. I've never felt comfortable during these reviews so welcome your response. Dont know how this will work on the phone though..... The possibility of not being T2 has run across my mind as despite the same A1C results my morning levels of sugar have been increasing and staying higher despite me being much more proactive in diet and activity. There are also a few other niggles on my mind , reoccuring Balanitis , which I read is blood sugar related . So thanks again

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well just had my phone appointment. and asked about all of the above.

According to the diabetic nurse there is no connection between blood sugar levels and Balanitis .

There is no possibility of a c-peptide level test as my A1c are 42

I am not eating enough fruit and veg.

I cannot express how I feel about this with out resorting to words which would be censored on this forum

I can only say that the NHS is merely a marketing phrase . In reality it is a digitised tick box disease treatment system.

Primemutton

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I understand that those who have been T2 for longer can do this diet now , I think it’s a modified and longer version though.