What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I said yesterday that I would tell/show you my answer for an overcrowded window ledge for salad greens and seedlings.

my answer is my shoe rack.

which you can see in the photo.

The plants on that were on that window ledge have been temporarily/permanently banished to the bathroom floor.

I haven't worked this idea out properly yet.

Popeye likes that space to sunbathe on. But I can fit another shoe rack this end of the window ledge. I have books on it in the garage, so the books need a new home.

I could do the same for the kitchen window.

But a bit of working out to do yet. But thought I would post my idea.

Might have it sorted for this weekend...

View attachment 40171
Brilliant idea.

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made the decision at last. Will not order any test strips on prescription until Mr K has to order his Asthma Inhalers again. Will buy them instead and get them delivered. One less visit to a shop a month.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My local shop has run out of salted butter so am attempting to make my own. Does anyone have an easier recipe than this?

upload_2020-4-8_15-30-46.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull thank you for the paintings, I never tire of seascapes. I have a few of Watwrgate Bay on my walls here painted by Cornish artists and brought back after some lovely holidays.
I have two too! But mine are still in ‘the house that hasn’t been sold yet’ and we can’t get back there to retrieve them. I wonder if they’re by the same artist?
I like your calming watercolours very much @geefull

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I said yesterday that I would tell/show you my answer for an overcrowded window ledge for salad greens and seedlings.

my answer is my shoe rack.

which you can see in the photo.

The plants on that were on that window ledge have been temporarily/permanently banished to the bathroom floor.

I haven't worked this idea out properly yet.
Great idea

Popeye likes that space to sunbathe on. But I can fit another shoe rack this end of the window ledge. I have books on it in the garage, so the books need a new home.

I could do the same for the kitchen window.

But a bit of working out to do yet. But thought I would post my idea.

Might have it sorted for this weekend...

View attachment 40171

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If anyone has a minute a day and wants to do something positive and useful in these worrying times - this is a survey by the biomedical researchers at Guys and St Thomas’ hospital which will really help our understanding of the disease, even if you don’t have symptoms.
https://covid.joinzoe.com

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I found quite a few! I’d no idea it was such a thing. Completely bonkers.
I got sidetracked then into watching actual dressage, quite incredible, did you ever do it when you were riding?

I'm glad you were able to watch some of both. :)
The very low-level dressage I did was probably nothing like what you saw on the videos. Just the very basic walk-trot moves. Coming back to riding in my 50s after 25 years away wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be! :)
Now you have got me enjoying some of the dressage-meets-reining, dressage v western, dressage-meets-cowboy videos.
Thank you. :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another wonderful morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of batch cooking parsnip crisps and deserted beeches came in at 5.2 this am (other tree species are available).

Hooray! International bin day has again appeared, as if by magic. Bins, it has been discovered, don’t need to socially isolate as the previous rumour that they could contaminate each other has been found to be a big porky pie put out by Russian spies to put a strain on a nation already suffering from a shortage of bog roll and that more exclusive and elusive, toilet tissue.

Afternoon tea went well yesterday, it’s nice to have a focus for each day and the teapot likes a bit of attention, with loose tea spooned lavishly from an old Fortnum tea caddy obtained in better times when the word isolate was only found on packets of protein powder.

As it was a pink supermoon last night, Mrs Miggins self isolated in another room and used all manner of nasty smelly to remove some nail polish - I watched a horror film.

According to the beeb, we have now to receive a series of lessons such as, “what is an ICU?” “Who’s in charge if the PM stubs his toe?” But Bojo has been found in a stable condition practicing his dressage and it is really Jimmy Greaves that is poorly sick.

Have a great day if you can, play nicely in the garden - make survival suits out of items that can be found around the house.

Kofee

View attachment 40161

I see that Whole Foods needs a grammar lesson.

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My local shop has run out of salted butter so am attempting to make my own. Does anyone have an easier recipe than this?

View attachment 40172
That looks like Jersey? Can you not add some good salt crystals (Malden if you have it) to softened butter. I would do half a block at a time. Good salted butte is VERY important in my world. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

3.8 today so I had some cheese and a couple of mr gee's grapes to be on the safe side ;)

we girded up our loins with hand sanitiser and wipes then out for our weekly shopping this morning, pretty quiet on the whole and stock was quite good, followed by much scrubbing of hands etc :sorry:

We'll take mum's shopping over later probably when we've unloaded and wiped everything down. Mr gee has decided to put his prescription in a little early this time, there is a box in our local village shop from which they are collected twice a week so we will use that and see how it goes :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

I love your latest @Muddy Cyclist and look forward to seeing your 'more abstract' version
@gennepher your app is producing some innovative stuff :) looks like an interesting way to change things up.

today's catch up art -
no 1 is a quick seascape, Daler Rowney on craft card, you will see a lot of seascapes ahead I'm, afraid, it's in my local environment ;):bag: managed to avoid the 'blob' in the sky this time :joyful:
View attachment 40165

no 2 is also Daler Rowney paint, on A sketch paper I think.
View attachment 40166

Beautiful. Thank you for posting these. :)
I want to walk into the seaside scene, and find a garden of those flowers, whose fragrance, I feel, would cleanse the air of the plague in the rest of the world.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll have a look when the travel restrictions are lifted and we can eventually get back to clear the house. We have signed contracts ready for exchange I’m just hoping against hope it goes through.
Good luck, fingers crossed for you. Ours will start marketing again next year which will be the third consecutive year to have a go. Must say we are appreciating the space atm and are just happy son and GF got into their cottage at the end of Feb. That would have been horrible for them, we can take it on the chin.

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2nd photo today...
Made a start on the kitchen window shelves for the salad seedling growing...
These shoe shelves had been dismantled to make some thing else...unlike the ones I posted this morning which were intact and stable. And I had no desire to get hammer and nails out today...so duct tape it was to re instruct them...

I think they will pass muster...It should hold the light weight that will be on them...
945157B2-3C1B-4C09-AAB6-B8B255E886EB.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll have a look when the travel restrictions are lifted and we can eventually get back to clear the house. We have signed contracts ready for exchange I’m just hoping against hope it goes through.
Congratulations. Hope it all goes through without a hitch - might it take a while in the current situation?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That looks like Jersey? Can you not add some good salt crystals (Malden if you have it) to softened butter. I would do half a block at a time. Good salted butte is VERY important in my world. :)

The cow looks like a Holstein-Friesian -- if she is, I wonder if she has clearance to be on a Jersey shore? ;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull more good art, I like the way you get your watercolour so light, whenever I try I always end up getting bolder and bolder colour, could be using oils, I must try harder. Yep Sea Scapes are good but living in the centre of the UK I have to rely on holiday photos, how I miss the sea.

@gennepher great windows idea. Now I started life working from 1968 to 1976 as a window dresser so if you need any help prettying it up I'm your man. :joyful:

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's watercolour in amuch more abstracted style which I think I am enjoying I intend doing two more in this freer manner. This is A4 took about 40 minutes and will be counted as the first in my Fence Line series....
IMG_2891.JPG