Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still no happy stories today. The day started out pretty good but an hour ago one of the kittens was killed by a car on the road right in front of my house.
The kittens are about 7 months now and have started to venture outside the garden lately. Idiot driver hasn't even stopped to see if it was still alive. The only good part is that it was clearly killed instantly by brain damage.
Very glad my neighbour chose to forget about social distancing for a minute to hold me while I was uncontrollably crying.
oh Antje - just awful. Sensible neighbour and many virtual hugs from over here xx

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh @Antje77 surely you’ve had your fill by now. Devastating. ((((((((Hug)))))))) ,

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Crack filling, @kev-w ? Or "blown" plaster repairs?
I always found natural daylight helps the eyeing it up.
.. Along with car pannel repairs too.

This kind of thing :p though I had a hypo skimming the ceiling twice in the same place, sweat dripping and I thought it was from the graft, the black on the far wall in the middle pic is magnetic plaster so the full section holds magnets :p

I've had a busy diytastic year :p
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0211.jpg

Looking at those with a smile, I made some shelving units too, but had a hypo laying the undercoat plaster on the far wall (I've done a couple in the living room this year using the miaomiao I got at Christmas and not had any), another trying to hang the paper upside down with the match not working out but the best one was using self levelling compound on the floor, 3 x 25kg bags at 23.45, mix pour float and fall over the buckets in the garden at 1am trying to clean buckets and tools with a hosepipe.

Some days you just have to laugh :)

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: kev-w

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I feel like I came from hell and back, my BG was very high around 2am this morning - 16.6, I corrected and only came down to 14.4. (Sigh, hormones) But no ketones thankfully and I’m contemplating whether I want to go to work or not, thirsty as heck atm :(

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just catching up. So sorry about the kitten @Antje77
Have had a slower start to the day after overdoing it somewhat yesterday. Went mad with a 6am start sewing, made choc muffins for hubby, cut grass and edges. Checked for rogue weeds (they must be brave) planted some more seeds, swept paths, washed windows. Cooked and ate lunch, played usual rubber of Gin Rummy-lost badly. In bed by 9pm. ‍♀️
Today going to join hubby on his hour circular walk and enjoy the sunshine. Have a good day all.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning peeps hope that you are all keeping well and staying positive:):)

Yesterdays plans did not go according to plan. Washed the windows, had lunch and decided to cut grass. Dug out the grass strimmer and switched it on. I stuttered into life spinning very slowly before a gentle plume of smoke came from the strimmer with a strong burning smell. Think the motor is burnt out:bigtears::bigtears:

Tried to order 1 on line just a wee cheap one as I have a smallish garden but mainly the expensive ones on sale. Will wait until shops are open(which could be a while). Will borrow my dads when I take his food supplies down, following social distancing of course.

Still dry here in Haggisland, so will cut grass today and will go for a wee walk. On my walk yesterday managed to photograph a couple of toads who were in the mood for love. Either that or 1 toad was injured and the other one was giving it a lift:woot:

Hopefully it stays clear tonight as there should be a supermoon in sky, hoping to get a few photos

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Maybe I increased the basal a smidgeon too much! Or my liver's furloughed itself and not doing any work. Either way, it's very, very rare for me to wake up on a 4.3.

Today sees cunning plans for various last garden/household tasks before declaring that's enough of all that an this is now "holiday until Sunday week". Or at least, changes of activities, just in case I'm back in at work as planned. Which I'm doubting, but then I've a list of next phase of DIY stuff to do. Not in @kev-w's league though!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterdays plans did not go according to plan. Washed the windows, had lunch and decided to cut grass. Dug out the grass strimmer and switched it on. I stuttered into life spinning very slowly before a gentle plume of smoke came from the strimmer with a strong burning smell. Think the motor is burnt out:bigtears::bigtears:

Screwfix do one @ £40 and Wickes will do click & collect or deliver, and sellers on Ebay are still delivering.

Morning, a little hypo to wake up to but a steady 5.1 since breakfast, still in pj bottoms tho :) but I guess I best get dressed as the room walls won't flatten themselves... I need to hit the shop today but am waiting to see if I'm having my 13 year old as she'll want a pudding or a trifle and they're not something I'd keep in the fridge :p and hope to get out again on the pushbike at some point.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Screwfix do one @ £40 and Wickes will do click & collect or deliver, and sellers on Ebay are still delivering.

Morning, a little hypo to wake up to but a steady 5.1 since breakfast, still in pj bottoms tho :) but I guess I best get dressed as the room walls won't flatten themselves... I need to hit the shop today but am waiting to see if I'm having my 13 year old as she'll want a pudding or a trifle and they're not something I'd keep in the fridge :p and hope to get out again on the pushbike at some point.

Thanks Kev,

I had forgotten about EBAY

Reactions: therower and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon all, late here today. I’m having a tea break - trying to corral the honeysuckle that’s ebulliently threatening to smother other equally good scented plants. Woke on a low and had cake for breakfast, now sitting in the sunshine with Brian, who.’s disinclined you wander now he knows what might happen to Larry.
Did you go to work @MeiChanski? There are times when T1’s a *****!
@becca59, your day’s activities would take be half a week! Wow
Sorry about the strimmer @smc4761, pred text wants to call it a strummer.
Have a great rest of the day all.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon all, late here today. I’m having a tea break - trying to corral the honeysuckle that’s ebulliently threatening to smother other equally good scented plants. Woke on a low and had cake for breakfast, now sitting in the sunshine with Brian, who.’s disinclined you wander now he knows what might happen to Larry.
Did you go to work @MeiChanski? There are times when T1’s a *****!
@becca59, your day’s activities would take be half a week! Wow
Sorry about the strimmer @smc4761, pred text wants to call it a strummer.
Have a great rest of the day all.

At least the lawnmower still worked so not all bad. Did a tidy of the hut as well. All that hard work can only lead to inevitable result. A cheeky wee BG of 2.7 quickly sorted with a cuppa a few sugars and ginger nuts. And the sun is still shining. Happy days

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 . Ginger nuts......liking your style.:):):).
Glad to hear the mower started working. A wee low always feels good when you know you’ve earned it.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't talk to me about mowers and petrol engines.......for the last week or so been fiddling (thats the best it can be called) to get rotavator to work, borrowed an engine from a mower that was recently used and then switched back but swapped carbs, rovavator is going but carbs not a perfect fit, 2nd mower then refused to start, awaiting parts to do a full service on it - and yes I have 2 mowers, a 'rough cut' that's easy to start and did the first few mows of the garden this year and also ventures up to the allotment for a real battering, and then I have one that leaves the lawn all nice and stripey, self propelled and supposedly easy to start on a key........service pending! Parts are suppose to arrive tomorrow but I hear our local post office have all gone on 'strike' because one postie went down with covid-19 and his van was decontaminated but the office wasn't so the rest are refusing to go in!

Does that mean I get an Easter long weekend to do nothing?.................of course not!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh poor postie! I don’t blame the rest for going on strike. Maybe you’ll have some interesting wildlife in your lawn by the time the parts arrive. Hope the allotment gets ready in time for the sowing and planting.