Advice needed

Lynnbob

My partner is type 1. The past couple of days his levels have been all over the place, but mainly running high. Last night I checked his levels they were 13 so gave a correction dose. Checked again 15 mins later and they had went up to 15 and said ketones. He hasn’t been given any ketone strips to test how much he has. But got him to drink lots of water and kept regular eye on his levels.
Today he has been sick a few times and has mainly stayed in bed sleeping on and off. Up until about 5pm his levels were no higher than 8. Checked him about 30mins ago, and he was 16 with ketones showing on the meter. He is very tired, and to be honest isn’t looking great. What should I do? Should I just continue to keep checking his levels? Should I get in touch with nhs 24? Any advice given would be greatfully received. He has only been diagnosed 3 years, and to be honest hasn’t had much if any help in that time.
Thanks!

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My partner is type 1. The past couple of days his levels have been all over the place, but mainly running high. Last night I checked his levels they were 13 so gave a correction dose. Checked again 15 mins later and they had went up to 15 and said ketones. He hasn’t been given any ketone strips to test how much he has. But got him to drink lots of water and kept regular eye on his levels.
Today he has been sick a few times and has mainly stayed in bed sleeping on and off. Up until about 5pm his levels were no higher than 8. Checked him about 30mins ago, and he was 16 with ketones showing on the meter. He is very tired, and to be honest isn’t looking great. What should I do? Should I just continue to keep checking his levels? Should I get in touch with nhs 24? Any advice given would be greatfully received. He has only been diagnosed 3 years, and to be honest hasn’t had much if any help in that time.
Thanks!

Hello you
I can related to what you’ve posted, I was worried about ketones and have had levels up to 22 on glucose readings - the difference being I have ketone strips and can keep an eye on things that way.

I think if it was me I’d want to do the nhs 111 online checker form and see if they recommend a call back at the least :)

Reactions: Struma

Lynnbob

Hello you
I can related to what you’ve posted, I was worried about ketones and have had levels up to 22 on glucose readings - the difference being I have ketone strips and can keep an eye on things that way.

I think if it was me I’d want to do the nhs 111 online checker form and see if they recommend a call back at the least :)

Thanks for replying. I just went on to do the online checker, but it won’t work because I’m in scotland. I went onto the Scottish one but it’s not very good (or I’m doing it wrong!)
I will keep an eye on his levels tonight and try get him to phones gp in the morning

Reactions: KesLouise

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for replying. I just went on to do the online checker, but it won’t work because I’m in scotland. I went onto the Scottish one but it’s not very good (or I’m doing it wrong!)
I will keep an eye on his levels tonight and try get him to phones gp in the morning

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on :)