Control During Lockdown

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!! :)

I hope everyone is well and staying as safe as possible. I'm intrigued to know how this whole pandemic has affected peoples levels if at all?

I'm T1 and was diagnosed back in May last year. With having all this extra time on my hands, I'm seeing a huge consistency in my levels and spending 90-95% of my day in range :happy: (Compared to 50-60% before all this happened).

I know stress can play a big part with controlling our levels so it would be great to hear how people are getting on and hopefully add some positive news to a very strange time.

Last edited:

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you’re doing well Matt, I was diagnosed T1 in July 2019 and been pretty well since being on insulin! HbA1c in feb was 48.
Sadly levels are like a at the moment feeling roooough!!!

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @KesLouise !! Similar time to me then. Great to hear you've been doing pretty well.

Interesting your levels are up and down, I'm quite interested to know how much of an impact lockdown/isolation has on us.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Personally, I have kept my levels pretty steady and kept busy at the same time. Stuff that needs to be done that has been put off is now getting done... lol

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @KesLouise !! Similar time to me then. Great to hear you've been doing pretty well.

Interesting your levels are up and down, I'm quite interested to know how much of an impact lockdown/isolation has on us.

I’m really quite poorly. Lots of different symptoms including sickness.

Never had ketones before so it’s stressing me out and finding it a bit overwhelming.

Have been told that if things don’t improve overnight will be a trip to hospital and I REALLY don’t want that - the last thing they need is me adding to their stress so keep fingers crossed for me.....

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Tophat1900 Exactly the same for me! I've never paid so much attention to garden and it's looking excellent :)

@KesLouise sorry to hear that! I know hospital isn't great with whats going on but don't feel like your health is any less important because it isn't. They'll certainly help you out. Keep us posted.

Reactions: KesLouise

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
My levels are all over the place! I’mputti It down to less of a routine and a drop in exercise. I probably need to add. some basal.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've chucked a couple of mild hypos today but from different exercise to what I'm used to, probably injecting 3u a day more on average too to get thru extra food but will have a word with myself about that at some point...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
How are you today @KesLouise? Have you had any success in bringing your blood sugars down? Are you following Sick Day Rules? Don’t be afraid to give yourself more insulin than usual, and keep some swift acting hypo treatments handy just in case you come down again too rapidly.
Any bug, any illness, can affect our sugar levels and it makes us feel so much worse when we’re combatting hypers as well as ill health.
Hope you’re over asap.

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you today @KesLouise? Have you had any success in bringing your blood sugars down? Are you following Sick Day Rules? Don’t be afraid to give yourself more insulin than usual, and keep some swift acting hypo treatments handy just in case you come down again too rapidly.
Any bug, any illness, can affect our sugar levels and it makes us feel so much worse when we’re combatting hypers as well as ill health.
Hope you’re over asap.

Evening
Still not great, riding the roller coaster today. Following sick day rules, daily support from wonderful diabetic nurse at the moment, feel like a right pain. Whatever this is it’s causing havoc and is insufferable. Feel totally rubbish!!!