What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did go to MILs bungalow with a feeling of guilt for being out, it's a good job we went as there was a big issue to sort out.

To get there we had to drive through Cannock, Willenhall and into the suburbs of Wolverhampton. I was very impressed, empty roads, empty streets, no sign of anyone on Cannock Chase or Willenhall Park, from what we saw the vast majority of people are respecting Government guide lines, brilliant.

Reactions: geefull and trick60

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The cow looks like a Holstein-Friesian -- if she is, I wonder if she has clearance to be on a Jersey shore? ;)
Yes you’re right probs traditional Jersey cows are brown and white but it was the shoreline that called to me. Mr PM worked in Jersey for 10 years and although we didnt live there as a family we spent a lot of time there.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today in the SketchClubApp

I received a picture postcard with these dolphins on. So I copied the dolphins to the SketchClubApp, and then worked on it with various tools. Then I put it through the Lens app which gave me the rainbow. Then back into Snapseed where I put my name and the thin black frame.

I hope you like it.

E6A3D5AA-4544-45C4-A049-D5E51043FB0D.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today in the SketchClubApp

I received a picture postcard with these dolphins on. So I copied the dolphins to the SketchClubApp, and then worked on it with various tools. Then I put it through the Lens app which gave me the rainbow. Then back into Snapseed where I put my name and the thin black frame.

I hope you like it.

View attachment 40177
Yep I do!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
kizzen - ROFL - never heard that one. Made my day as I was just wading through this “Of causes”, he explains, “some are complete and primary, others auxiliary and proximate. Hence when we say that all things come about through fate by antecedent causes, we do not mean this to be understood as ‘by complete and primary causes’, but by auxiliary and proximate causes”. (Cicero, 62C) . I think it probably means if Cleopatra's nose had been shorter you wouldn't be in a very long queue for shopping delivery mate. Full article here for anyone else with 3 months to spare https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/stoicism/ Thank you @DJC3 for taking me there
They do say you turn into your mother (or father) as you get older, I obviously must be doing that, as it was one of her sayings.- kizzen - meaning to shrivel.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist thanks for the undulating fields especially like your skies.
@gennepher love your rainbow and dolphins and positive messages.
Your window shelving for plants is really resourceful. Lots of inspiration and good ideas on here.

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's watercolour in amuch more abstracted style which I think I am enjoying I intend doing two more in this freer manner. This is A4 took about 40 minutes and will be counted as the first in my Fence Line series....
View attachment 40175

Oh, how beautiful. It makes me nostalgic for Alabama.
May I please bring Sam Elliott and/or Clint Eastwood to ride fence with me? We will keep two horses' lengths between horses, and 20 meters' distance from side to side ...

upload_2020-4-8_13-56-49.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day.

I've polished the car, cleaned the loo and every door handle.
Got my Sainsburys click and collect, all good, a bit dis-organised with their car park, but at least they made the effort..

Spirits very low. We are banned from the marina pontoons, my carpentry stopped. Getting a webcam so I can communicate with other family members. Not sure if I will have anything to say. Felt a bit better after watching HM The Queen.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes you’re right probs traditional Jersey cows are brown and white but it was the shoreline that called to me. Mr PM worked in Jersey for 10 years and although we didnt live there as a family we spent a lot of time there.

It's a lovely shoreline in the picture. I've never been to Jersey. It must have been really nice spending time there.

I'm sorry about the cow. :bag::sorry:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day.

I've polished the car, cleaned the loo and every door handle.
Got my Sainsburys click and collect, all good, a bit dis-organised with their car park, but at least they made the effort..

Spirits very low. We are banned from the marina pontoons, my carpentry stopped. Getting a webcam so I can communicate with other family members. Not sure if I will have anything to say. Felt a bit better after watching HM The Queen.

I'm sorry you are banned from the pontoons. I would think your carpentry would be considered essential work but of course I don't know. ...
I felt better also after listening to the Queen, and a woman I was talking with earlier today said she did too.

SelfKiller

if I can control as per bellow range through only diet, Do I still need take any medicine?

• Before meals: 4 to 7 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 8.5 mmol/

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad you were able to watch some of both. :)
The very low-level dressage I did was probably nothing like what you saw on the videos. Just the very basic walk-trot moves. Coming back to riding in my 50s after 25 years away wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be! :)
Now you have got me enjoying some of the dressage-meets-reining, dressage v western, dressage-meets-cowboy videos.
Thank you. :D
I’m just amazed at the symbiotic relationship between rider and horse, it’s wonderful to watch and Im sure you and your horse enjoyed it immensely at whatever level you reached.
I had a memorable holiday in Vienna a few years ago where we visited the Spanish Riding School and saw those beautiful horses performing to Mozart. A really stunning experience.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations. Hope it all goes through without a hitch - might it take a while in the current situation?
Yes indeed! Current advice is wait a year. We’ve been trying to sell for ages, about 2 years and originally agreed to let a developer have it but the neighbours got a petition up and put a stop to it ( can’t say I blame them really, I probably would have signed it if I lived nearby) but that took ages so we ended up having to go back on the market again a couple of months ago - got a buyer but now it seems it might drag on again. Sigh.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 - coming down nicely

More painting, cleaning and generally pottering around. Swapped picture out the back for bigger one. Venice looking very beautiful. Shopped at Sainsburys for a friend's mum and BIL. No queue from the car park entrance but massive queue if coming in on foot! I felt very lucky. All shelves well stocked. Sat in the sun for an hour. Gorgeous weather. A lot to be thankful for.

Looks like Boris is doing OK. I'm so happy.

Attachments

• 20200408_204446_resized.jpg
    20200408_204446_resized.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200408_204143_resized.jpg
    20200408_204143_resized.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 88