Glucomen areo ketone strips

nicola1873

I have a glucomen areo meter and for some reason the ketone strips that I have been receiving do not work on it. Does anyone know if there are different strips for each model? I'm aware there are 2 types of glucomen areo meters (glucomen areo and glucomen areo 2k).

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Nicola1873

I have just received some new ketone sensors for my glucomen area 2k and they are labelled for this meter and the information included says these strips are only for this meter

Hope this if of some help

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
If you don’t have the 2k then they won’t work

Phone glucomen they will send you a 2k meter so you can use the strips

nicola1873

That's exactly what it was. I naively thought it monitored bg aswell as ketones. Bad diabetic here as I haven't been testing my ketones in a long time but I got the 2k monitor today. Many thanks
Hi Nicola1873

I have just received some new ketone sensors for my glucomen area 2k and they are labelled for this meter and the information included says these strips are only for this meter

Hope this if of some help

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Nicola1873

It does do both, Locally we were given this meter if we went onto Libre, supposedly to offset the cost.

I have to use it for both blood and ketones. Different testing testing strips

I have not found it the best meter. I have had 4 replacements in a year. They are apparently looking at others meters which test for ketones and blood as they have had a lot of issues reported the meter.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Odd the libre meter has ketone strips... my nurse emailed me today to see if I had some or if I wanted the go to prescribe some for me

Last edited: