What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We came out to clap tonight. Our next door neighbor is in bits. 16 hours a day wearing PPE in ICU is taking its toll. For goodness sake, stay indoors this weekend and encourage others to do the same. Terry Waites was chained in isolation for nearly five years - it’s not much to ask. Just look at the damage on the faces of our front line nurses.

View attachment 40234
OMG so poignant and so so true. God bless and protect them all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We came out to clap tonight. Our next door neighbor is in bits. 16 hours a day wearing PPE in ICU is taking its toll. For goodness sake, stay indoors this weekend and encourage others to do the same. Terry Waites was chained in isolation for nearly five years - it’s not much to ask. Just look at the damage on the faces of our front line nurses.

upload_2020-4-9_20-59-9-jpeg.40234

Absolutely agree.

poor lady,
such a beautiful heart.

please do say thank you from all of us on here.

they try and save so many, at great risk, the least we can do is heed the FIRM advice.
Do YOUR Bit

Stay in. Save THEM..

46402718_1585233976880731_r.jpeg

nhs heroes.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I started reading my first fiction book since 2015. I do love crime novels and in 2015 I went to a book signing of one of my favourite authors Ian Rankin.

I had read everyone of the Rebus books until then. Work had got more and more manic and from 2015 have only read text books and training manuals and the daily 'i' concise newspaper. Went to two more book signings with Ian Rankin so have now got 3 Rebus books to read.

I am so enjoying reading fiction again. Although it did make me feel guilty that I was feeling happy in these very sad and scary times for so many people.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I started reading my first fiction book since 2015. I do love crime novels and in 2015 I went to a book signing of one of my favourite authors Ian Rankin.

I had read everyone of the Rebus books until then. Work had got more and more manic and from 2015 have only read text books and training manuals and the daily 'i' concise newspaper. Went to two more book signings with Ian Rankin so have now got 3 Rebus books to read.

I am so enjoying reading fiction again. Although it did make me feel guilty that I was feeling happy in these very sad and scary times for so many people.

I'm so glad you have time to read fiction again. Please don't feel guilty. Enjoy!
(Speaks a retired librarian. :))

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 40234
Thank you for posting this, a stark reminder of how much we owe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Don’t feel guilty about reading, I’m really glad you’re finding time again. I haven’t read any of the Rebus books but I enjoy crime fiction too. My current favourites are the Tom Thorne books by Mark Billingham. I’ll earmark Ian Rankin for my next series to binge read.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t feel guilty about reading, I’m really glad you’re finding time again. I haven’t read any of the Rebus books but I enjoy crime fiction too. My current favourites are the Tom Thorne books by Mark Billingham. I’ll earmark Ian Rankin for my next series to binge read.

I must try Mark Billingham and Ian Rankin. I have a lot of catching-up to do -- I am still reading Lord Peter Wimsey.

Reactions: gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.3 today, surprised as I did have some raspberries set in jelly a time about 9 pm last night, risky business I thought.

First off for a very nervous forage at Tesco with OAPs. Then the times mine.

Good Friday a UK holiday, will we notice? A time for reflection on our lives, achievements, sacrifices and the wonders of life and marvel at the world we live in with its darkness and light.

Keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Temp 35.6

Awake all night, but not in a bad way. Popeye hadn't looked too good later on yesterday. His poor face and eyes said he'd had enough. His lip was trembling. I felt so sorry for him. I have been bathing the abscess on his head with warm salted water.

So, last night I decided I was play him healing meditation music from YouTube. I have been playing this all evening, and instead of taking my Cochlear Speech off at bedtime (I am always so glad to get that Speech Processor off, my head/brain has always had enough of listening to sound...I do keep the radio, during the day, on as advised by the hospital, with living on my own and having no telly for sound input, so my brain is constantly working trying to make sense of sound and speech...even though I still cannot actually make out what is being said in full...I can make out odd words), I kept my Speech Processor on during the night last night. I have tried playing so called relaxing music (in the night) in the past, but I don't receive what a hearing person receives as regards music and my brain gets agitated with sound 24/7.

Surprisingly, I still have my Speech Processor on now (6:49 am), after listening to this healing type meditation music on all night. I am not streaming it to my Speech Processor, because this is solely for Popeye, so my phone is on full blast all night, playing these particular frequencies of sounds. In addition he has insisted on being held and stroked all night.So, he has had my undivided attention the last nine and a half hours.

I never actually fell asleep as such. I was awake most of the time, but relaxed, and dozed off for short stretches, until YouTube for reasons of its own suddenly put Whitney Houston in between the binaural (for Popeye as he has 2 working ears) and monaural (for me as I have one sort of working ear) frequencies, which jolted both of us and jarred every bone in my brain, head, and body. I grabbed my phone to see what You Tube had done, and it was a video of Whitney Houston singing with others, one of whom seemed to be a young Elton John. I have no idea what that was, and got You Tube back on the healing frequencies type music.

I am very relaxed with these particular frequencies, but it wasn't for me. It was for Popeye.

Popeye is very chilled out and relaxed. The abscess appears to be healing. He is eating more. He took me to the kitchen in the night for some wet food, and I did not mind, There is dried food in my bedroom, but he has been off food. He is now steady on his feet this morning. He is more alert. His eyes look nice and big and bright as they normally do. I am really pleased this morning how he has improved since yesterday.

He now has a monk's tonsure...

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and Ryhia

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Temp 35.6

Awake all night, but not in a bad way. Popeye hadn't looked too good later on yesterday. His poor face and eyes said he'd had enough. His lip was trembling. I felt so sorry for him. I have been bathing the abscess on his head with warm salted water.

So, last night I decided I was play him healing meditation music from YouTube. I have been playing this all evening, and instead of taking my Cochlear Speech off at bedtime (I am always so glad to get that Speech Processor off, my head/brain has always had enough of listening to sound...I do keep the radio, during the day, on as advised by the hospital, with living on my own and having no telly for sound input, so my brain is constantly working trying to make sense of sound and speech...even though I still cannot actually make out what is being said in full...I can make out odd words), I kept my Speech Processor on during the night last night. I have tried playing so called relaxing music (in the night) in the past, but I don't receive what a hearing person receives as regards music and my brain gets agitated with sound 24/7.

Surprisingly, I still have my Speech Processor on now (6:49 am), after listening to this healing type meditation music on all night. I am not streaming it to my Speech Processor, because this is solely for Popeye, so my phone is on full blast all night, playing these particular frequencies of sounds. In addition he has insisted on being held and stroked all night.So, he has had my undivided attention the last nine and a half hours.

I never actually fell asleep as such. I was awake most of the time, but relaxed, and dozed off for short stretches, until YouTube for reasons of its own suddenly put Whitney Houston in between the binaural (for Popeye as he has 2 working ears) and monaural (for me as I have one sort of working ear) frequencies, which jolted both of us and jarred every bone in my brain, head, and body. I grabbed my phone to see what You Tube had done, and it was a video of Whitney Houston singing with others, one of whom seemed to be a young Elton John. I have no idea what that was, and got You Tube back on the healing frequencies type music.

I am very relaxed with these particular frequencies, but it wasn't for me. It was for Popeye.

Popeye is very chilled out and relaxed. The abscess appears to be healing. He is eating more. He took me to the kitchen in the night for some wet food, and I did not mind, There is dried food in my bedroom, but he has been off food. He is now steady on his feet this morning. He is more alert. His eyes look nice and big and bright as they normally do. I am really pleased this morning how he has improved since yesterday.

Glad you and Popeye had such a peaceful night, even if not much sleep. The meditation music was obviously good for you both. Hugs for Whitney’s rude interruption though - that would jar every bone in my body at any time. Hope you continue to have a relaxing day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Temp 35.6

Gennepher your selflessness for your dear boy almost broke my heart. I am so glad he is better, steadier and eating. Your dedication and love is healing him. I know you like to keep busy but I recommend you both curl up together for a good snooze today. Not for the first time you are inspirational to me. Take care.

Reactions: Ryhia

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.6 today which is fine. I probably had a spike yesterday but didnt check. Had a wobble and had two shortbread fingers, yes two, with coffee. Needed. Back on the wagon. Going to be warm today, might ressurect my sandals from the back of the cupboard and get my lily whites out of hibernation. Have the best day you can everyone. If you have an outside space of your own be very thankful. Stay/get well. Stay safe.
@dunelm not an afterthought but that poor worn out face of that nurse tells a million reasons why we need to comply with the rules and a million thank yous to her and others in the NHS.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning (fish for supper last night often helps)
Yesterday driving his bin lorry round a little retirement village Mr C said all the residents came out and banged saucepans with wooden spoons as they went round - it was a thank you for still being at work. He was very moved and embarrassingly it made me cry when he told me. What a smashing thing to do.
On the other side of the coin, our lovely postman ( I love him because he’s so friendly and always makes a fuss of Dennis) said that they are not allowed to claim overtime for the extra work they’re doing. And it is quite a lot extra as everyone is ordering online. Doesn’t seem right.
Have a good day all and take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.2 for me today - fbg fraud I reckon. Sophisticated one though, convincingly high and no request for bank details - obviously playing the long game. 'Tis mystery all - well it may be Friday but Sunday's coming. Interesting point about time and returning to fiction reading @Krystyna23040. We moved hundreds of books and apart from children's and well worn Thomas Hardy not one of mine was fiction. Even with 3 months "spare" I know I won't read fiction - A Level English and the nonsense spouted by English students at Uni will do that to a fella. How ever you wish to use the opportunity or are forced to heal/feed/protect/clean/transport/deliver to or otherwise risk everything for us have a responsibly distanced or well protected day.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.Yesterday driving his bin lorry round a little retirement village Mr C said all the residents came out and banged saucepans with wooden spoons as they went round - it was a thank you for still being at work. He was very moved and embarrassingly it made me cry when he told me. What a smashing thing to do.
On the other side of the coin, our lovely postman ( I love him because he’s so friendly and always makes a fuss of Dennis) said that they are not allowed to claim overtime for the extra work they’re doing. And it is quite a lot extra as everyone is ordering online. Doesn’t seem right.
Have a good day all and take care.
Obviously, great to hear of the appreciation for Mr C and colleagues. There is some breathtaking cant and hypocrisy suddenly coming out of the rabid right along with everything we already knew.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-raking-in-billions-during-coronavirus-crisis Nominative determinism Mr Odey. Emily Maitliss's broadside on Newsnight Wednesday probably not viral in his mansion (s) :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
Edited: I don't imply those applauding are rabid right

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-04-2020
7.20am FBG 5.4
Weight 46.8kg having nut granola again is helping.
Pottered about a bit, but DP started BG rising so an hour later was 5.6today plan is some touching up paintwork . More taxing than it sounds and grass cutting. Will be remembering sun protection today. My Rudolph impersonation is already excellent.
@dunelm @jjraak @ianpspurs @gennepher @PenguinMum @SaskiaKC Thank you all for your encouraging words.
@PenguinMum hope you slept better last night.
@gennepher Popeye is so lucky to have you caring for him.
@SaskiaKC looks like a fun app.

@DJC3 in france they have reduced the posties hours to protect both them and the communities. We only get post wed- Fri now.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderful world in blossom in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a very late night and a startled waking came out of the starting gate at 5.0 this am

What’s going on? Mrs Miggins made three abortive attempts to visit our local supermarket yesterday. The queues were so long that temporary Glastonbury portaloos should surely be provided. Anyhow, ingredients in recipes are there to be substituted in order to be fair to those bits and bobs at the back of the cupboard that were bought five years ago to attempt that meal that you saw on Master Chef The Professionals - The Final and who cares what the use by date says, cumquat oil and pomegranate molasses last forever, don’t they? Fusion - so that’s what it tastes like.

No egg hunting today, make sure your rabbits are at least two metres apart and only eat hot cross buns if you are wearing gloves.

Have as wonderful a day as you can - kofee time.

Last edited: