What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had a phone call from my GP surgery which I have only ever visited to register, Dr informed me Govt were a little hasty in issuing shielding letters - missed my chemo ending on Nov 11th and Jan follow up all clear. He said he had now read my medical record thoroughly as new guidance required weekly follow up of shielded by GPs but also more care over who is on the shielded list as initial tranche of letters hurried and very cautious. I am obviously relieved but now I have to decide if I tell Julie to cancel the mayo order and come downstairs.

a winner for the good news.

a hug for the trauma to you and Julie over all of this.
and a funny for the final lines....nicely humoured.

best wishes to you all..

caution still applies,
but we can all get through this,
we just need to be more canny
and sensible in what we do.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a phone call from my GP surgery which I have only ever visited to register, Dr informed me Govt were a little hasty in issuing shielding letters - missed my chemo ending on Nov 11th and Jan follow up all clear. He said he had now read my medical record thoroughly as new guidance required weekly follow up of shielded by GPs but also more care over who is on the shielded list as initial tranche of letters hurried and very cautious. I am obviously relieved but now I have to decide if I tell Julie to cancel the mayo order and come downstairs.
I guess better safe than sorry is the message there. But maybe you wouldnt have done much different one way or another. I hope Julie is better and is past the quarantine period and you can feel more comfortable sharing your space. I dont know about you but our plan is to exceed the safety recommendations wherever possible. Dont cancel the mayo treat it like an Easter treat. ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I wish some of your Suffolk/East Anglia GPs could get in touch with their NHS colleagues in Wales and get better care to patients @gennepher et al.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish some of your Suffolk/East Anglia GPs could get in touch with their NHS colleagues in Wales and get better care to patients @gennepher et al.
Good morning Saskia and KC. Wasnt sure what you were referring to re Wales?
I hope you are well and also the KC. Very warm like a summer’s day here. Didnt feel able to leave back door open though due to Mousegate. Bobs the preyess went forth early. I locked the flap as soon as Daisy came back from her essentials. Wasnt long before looking out window there was a little mouse trying to outrun Bobs. So went out with flowerpot and did first rescue of the day. Bobs a little later was looking through flap window so I opened door to let her in and as she came in she swiped her paw under the step and planted a mouse inside. Rescue for this one took a bit longer after it jumped in and out of shoes but I got there and set him free at the top boundary of the garden. She has been locked in now for a few hours but will let her out for the last hunt of the day soon. Exhausting!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chilled out. I am relaxed because of the meditation music. So is Popeye very chilled out on my bed. The meditation music is still playing, from my iPad now, my poor phone needed a rest...

I feel fine. But under no circumstances would I go out and drive with this lack of sleep. No opportunity anyway in this lockdown. I am going into the garden and fresh air in a minute, and into the potting shed for a few hours total chill out time and maybe a nap. I have reading books, everything out there.

Thank you @Krystyna23040
I hope you have a good day.
So pleased you are feeling chilled out and relaxed. Your potting shed sounds like the ideal place to relax, read and take a nap.

We did the weekly shop at Aldi - luckily no queuing Tesco had a huge queue - we queued for nearly an hour. Aldi does not do whole organic milk - which is why we go to Tesco. At the same time we do shop for neighbours - so it is not just the milk. I use the organic milk to make my Kefir - apparently if the milk is not organic it may have traces of antibiotics which could harm the Kefir.

We have been really lazy for the rest of the day. Sitting in the garden - reading and relaxing. So feel really chilled out now. Hope you and Popeye have a good night's sleep tonight.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.1 today

had a lazy morning as, in common with many of us, I didn't sleep particularly well. I had the serious munchies yesterday, I felt I had to eat otherwise I felt anxious :bag: we did manage a good walk, we headed out onto the closed golf links ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@SaskiaKC the symmetry that app. produces is soothing, thank you :)
@gennepher - I'm sorry you lost all your work on the first piece, Kudos for pushing on to complete something after all that :)
@Muddy Cyclist - interesting idea sparking today's work in the series, I'm looking forward to it :)

today's art catch up -
no 1 is on A4 sketch paper, a rough sketch from a photo then painted with the Kuretake paints, very vibrant colour in this set.

View attachment 40254

no 2 is a quick one done with the Daler Rowney on Craft card, it was inspired by the weird looking weather on our walk, the sky was quite dark with the sun breaking through but the sea was an odd flat coppery grey colour.
View attachment 40255
Really lovely pictures. I loved both - especially the seascape.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they all have the same message from the centre. How they deal with it is a totally different matter and Wales, Scotland and England may not function at all the same way.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is my last in the Fence Series, or maybe not, unsure it fits in with the others and moon may get some more attention, we shall see. Idea came firm @gennepher quick digital art today. A4 watercolour 50 mins.
IMG_2900.JPG

The complete series or not?
IMG_2891.JPG IMG_2897.JPG IMG_2900.JPG

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs your doctor's message must leave very mixed emotions. I'm pleased for you as a family but think caution is still the best way forward, so much still unknown about this virus.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So here is my last in the Fence Series, or maybe not, unsure it fits in with the others and moon may get some more attention, we shall see. Idea came firm @gennepher quick digital art today. A4 watercolour 50 mins.
View attachment 40256

The complete series or not?
View attachment 40257 View attachment 40258 View attachment 40256

I don't know if the series is complete or not (I hope not because I am enjoying it!) -- I really really love this one. It invites me over the hill and far away and looks a lot like a place in the mountains that I loved as a child.
And the road back from the barn to the lake house where I first learned about walking by full-moonlight.
And A.E. Housman's poem "White in the Moon" that I first read in Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising.
Did I mention that I really really love this painting?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning Saskia and KC. Wasnt sure what you were referring to re Wales?
I hope you are well and also the KC. Very warm like a summer’s day here. Didnt feel able to leave back door open though due to Mousegate. Bobs the preyess went forth early. I locked the flap as soon as Daisy came back from her essentials. Wasnt long before looking out window there was a little mouse trying to outrun Bobs. So went out with flowerpot and did first rescue of the day. Bobs a little later was looking through flap window so I opened door to let her in and as she came in she swiped her paw under the step and planted a mouse inside. Rescue for this one took a bit longer after it jumped in and out of shoes but I got there and set him free at the top boundary of the garden. She has been locked in now for a few hours but will let her out for the last hunt of the day soon. Exhausting!

D'ye ken Bobs Cat with her coat so black?
D'ye ken Bobs Cat when the flap is back (open)?
Four paws and a tail whisking out of sight
As the cat black-and-white goes hunting ... :singing:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know if the series is complete or not (I hope not because I am enjoying it!) -- I really really love this one. It invites me over the hill and far away and looks a lot like a place in the mountains that I loved as a child.
And the road back from the barn to the lake house where I first learned about walking by full-moonlight.
And A.E. Housman's poem "White in the Moon" that I first read in Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising.
Did I mention that I really really love this painting?

I remember reading The Dark is Rising series to my girls at bedtime, they were probably old enough to read it for themselves at the time, but I think they knew I enjoyed reading to them and just put up with me doing it. A good set of books.

Reactions: geefull and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember reading The Dark is Rising series to my girls at bedtime, they were probably old enough to read it for themselves at the time, but I think they knew I enjoyed reading to them and just put up with me doing it. A good set of books.

:) They probably enjoyed it as much as you did.

I remember my father reading to us at bedtime, or when we were sick in bed. One of our favorites (including my father) was The Princess and the Goblin.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So pleased you are feeling chilled out and relaxed. Your potting shed sounds like the ideal place to relax, read and take a nap.

We did the weekly shop at Aldi - luckily no queuing Tesco had a huge queue - we queued for nearly an hour. Aldi does not do whole organic milk - which is why we go to Tesco. At the same time we do shop for neighbours - so it is not just the milk. I use the organic milk to make my Kefir - apparently if the milk is not organic it may have traces of antibiotics which could harm the Kefir.

We have been really lazy for the rest of the day. Sitting in the garden - reading and relaxing. So feel really chilled out now. Hope you and Popeye have a good night's sleep tonight.

The potting shed is a very comfy place to be, and no electricity in it. So I could be in own gypsy caravan... @Krystyna23040
It is nice and warm when the sun shines...

Glad you had a good day, apart from the wait in the Tesco queue.

Hopefully we will all sleep well tonight.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:singing:
The kitty would from sleep a-rouse
And slip through the cat flap from the house
All for to pounce at a hairy little mouse
All in the garden green-O
"Bobs Cat?"