What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.1 today

had a lazy morning as, in common with many of us, I didn't sleep particularly well. I had the serious munchies yesterday, I felt I had to eat otherwise I felt anxious :bag: we did manage a good walk, we headed out onto the closed golf links ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@SaskiaKC the symmetry that app. produces is soothing, thank you :)
@gennepher - I'm sorry you lost all your work on the first piece, Kudos for pushing on to complete something after all that :)
@Muddy Cyclist - interesting idea sparking today's work in the series, I'm looking forward to it :)

today's art catch up -
no 1 is on A4 sketch paper, a rough sketch from a photo then painted with the Kuretake paints, very vibrant colour in this set.

View attachment 40254

no 2 is a quick one done with the Daler Rowney on Craft card, it was inspired by the weird looking weather on our walk, the sky was quite dark with the sun breaking through but the sea was an odd flat coppery grey colour.
View attachment 40255
Thanks for the compliment @geefull

A beautiful bunch of flowers
And an atmospheric seascape

Reactions: Debandez and jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

it was wet yesterday and frosty overnight but it's looking better now ;)

We may get a bit of bush chopping done later if it continues to dry up and will definitely get a walk :) I'm realising all over again how much better I feel if we manage to get out for a walk round the village :joyful:

Stay safe everyone and I hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher interesting new project :)
@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the compliment, I am always impressed by the drama of light in your paintings and your bold use of colour, the more abstract one is mighty fine (but then so was the first generation) :)

Today's art catchup -
three very similar paintings, the intention was for me to try my three paint boxes and see how they handle in comparison to each other, all painted on craft card and with a finishing touch from the white gel pen ;)

no 1 is the Windsor and Newton, once again the blue I used for the sky dried lighter, on the other hand the blue I used for the sea didn't :hilarious:

View attachment 40211
no 2 is the Kuretake - more vibrant and lighter
View attachment 40212
and no 3 is the Daler Rowney - Although the sky is a bit messier I like the sea best on this one, more transparent (as expected) than the Kuretake.
View attachment 40213
Favourites to date. Love them all.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5 4 happy

We had another quiz night last night. It really feels like a good night out. Zoom app, everyone logs in at specified time and away ya go. Quiz questions, catch phrase, music section. The 1st letter of each answer makes another word. This week one step harder, its an anagram!

We logged on 8.15pm. Logged off at almost 1am after having had a great night. There was even dancing! Drinking! Eating!

I didn't win. I couldn't win an argument. But loved every second. Eric was a little delicate today.

So glad Boris is OK. They really need to up their game though. Seems like they still have an ongoing herd immunity plan imo.

I'm trying to limit my news intake. Its frustrating, upsetting and it makes me so mad. So today I spent sitting in the sun a lot. Mobile Sswitched off. It felt so good.

Indian for dinner. Take away. I do my own cauliflower rice to go with it (well frozen bags from Iceland that can be popped in microwave ). So nice. Chicken and chilli masalla. Divine. Glass of red.

Happy Easter to one and all

Tired tonight but will try to catch up on forum later as don't want to get behind......again!

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs and Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if the series is complete or not (I hope not because I am enjoying it!) -- I really really love this one. It invites me over the hill and far away and looks a lot like a place in the mountains that I loved as a child.
And the road back from the barn to the lake house where I first learned about walking by full-moonlight.
And A.E. Housman's poem "White in the Moon" that I first read in Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising.
Did I mention that I really really love this painting?
Thank you.

Our choir Riff Raff's musical director arranged many of Housman poems to music, the last but one songs is "White is the Moon" very haunting. The choir have performed these songs many times under the title The Shropshire Lad, our Musical Director is very talented.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 4 happy

We had another quiz night last night. It really feels like a good night out. Zoom app, everyone logs in at specified time and away ya go. Quiz questions, catch phrase, music section. The 1st letter of each answer makes another word. This week one step harder, its an anagram!

We logged on 8.15pm. Logged off at almost 1am after having had a great night. There was even dancing! Drinking! Eating!

I didn't win. I couldn't win an argument. But loved every second. Eric was a little delicate today.

So glad Boris is OK. They really need to up their game though. Seems like they still have an ongoing herd immunity plan imo.

I'm trying to limit my news intake. Its frustrating, upsetting and it makes me so mad. So today I spent sitting in the sun a lot. Mobile Sswitched off. It felt so good.

Indian for dinner. Take away. I do my own cauliflower rice to go with it (well frozen bags from Iceland that can be popped in today ). So nice. Chicken and chilli masalla. Divine. Glass of red.

Tired tonight but will try to catch up on forum later as don't want to get behind......again!

Trump just buried boris ..
3:12;30..talks 2 mill re sweden, then say how we messed up

"herd approach"...president orange dissing us, after all his flip flopping..couldn't make it up :hilarious:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.

Our choir Riff Raff's musical director arranged many of Housman poems to music, the last but one songs is "White is the Moon" very haunting. The choir have performed these songs many times under the title The Shropshire Lad, our Musical Director is very talented.

I think in The Dark Is Rising the boy Will sang it. My favorite poem of Housman's is from A Shropshire Lad, "Loveliest of Trees," which I like to recite as "Loveliest of trees, the dogwood now ... " for I see more dogwoods than cherries and it is my favorite Eastertide tree.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.

I love the name of your choir! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 4 happy

Indian for dinner. Take away. I do my own cauliflower rice to go with it (well frozen bags from Iceland that can be popped in today ). So nice. Chicken and chilli masalla. Divine. Glass of red.

Happy Easter!

I am spending some of my in-time working on Pub Trivia questions for our activity director here. I may ask you for some input! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another on in the song list. Whilst I like singing the music I am really not a fan of the poems. Out of interest Housman never visited Shropshire or those Blue Remembered Hills..

Interesting. I never knew that. I always assumed he'd grown up in Shropshire.
But all I know about him is that he wrote some poems, or at least A poem.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 is what was shown on the screen. Absolutely no idea if that is accurate or optimal. Who knows what parts of my 64 years and 9 months helped or hindered but that won't stop folks jumping to conclusions. That's not really science is it guys? Decisions to be made today about internal isolation. It actually suits me very well. The time in hospital last year completely changed me in many ways. I would buy myself a new bed and improve the 2nd shower, which we were/are going to do anyhow. Have a great day, enjoy the sun whilst respecting good virus control protocols. Not all posts on here at the moment are as we would all wish them. Who knows the physical and mental stresses this situation is putting on others and how they think and feel in the moment of posting.?

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
An early wake after a late night .
No real reason.
Fbg 5.9
Temp 36.6
All good

After yesterday's horror show, I had to check the news websites

Horrified after the poor performance yesterday, but no longer surprised, at how badly we are letting them down, national disgrace .

We now have the doctor's openly declaring
The govt are putting their lives at risk.

As unpalatable as it is, this isn't something anyone can ignore, if we don't get some one in to take charge and begin protecting them properly,

We run the risk they may decide to choose living instead of working .

God bless them all.
And heaven help the rest of us ...

. Dr Chaand Nagpaul, BMA council chair, said doctors are being forced into a corner and face "heart-breaking decisions" over whether to carry on without proper protection.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Doctors' lives at risk over PPE shortages, says BMA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52252470

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9
Temp 35.9

Little sleep last night.

Popeyes abscess has got worse again. Unfortunately yesterday he started scratching it, And caused a wound which is now bleeding.

So more than double the work with bathing this now.

I'm not eating properly, I just can't deal with dealing with this abscess on Popeye. I did cook myself a stir fry last night, but unfortunately I put tomatoes in it and it looked exactly the same color as his messy abscess. Couldn't eat it, my stomach turned, and threw it away...

I am running out of cotton wool pads today with his abscess. I had plenty but not with the amount I'm having to use for cat Popeye.

So, I'm having to use my precious supply of kitchen towels. Also, if you think you have enough cotton wool pads, when you need them you will find you won't have anywhere near enough.

I will not be able to get any more cottonwood pads next week because we have the police stopping people around here to check where they're going etc etc. The shops nearest to me do not stock cottonwood pads, they stock food. But to get the cotton wool pads I need to go further afield, and there is a roadblock one way, and there's a roadblock the other way.

A few weeks ago, it is almost like the police were preparing for something in advance. (Our Welsh police do this strategy anyway, and these 'roadworks' and temporary traffic lights are set up in advance just by where the laybys are, so if you live here, you realise something is brewing). What happened was there were some temporary roadworks and traffic lights one way and temporary roadworks and traffic lights the other way, but I never saw anyone working on the road.

So, this was being set up in advance. The reason probably was because where I live is the gateway to Wales (I live in Wales) and everyone comes through the bottom road as a means of avoiding the traffic jams on the A55 on holiday weekends.

So probably people were hoping to avoid the police so that they could visit their holiday caravans or go to the beaches in Wales. But the beaches are all closed, the car parks around here are closed, everything is shut down.

The police started stopping people on Thursday questioning where they were going. I have not been through the roadblock, I just don't want the stress of this and most likely not being able to tell what the policeman is saying to me with being deaf. If he is wearing a mask then I am completely sunk to understanding what they are saying. I won't be able to lipread them. And I won't be able to follow their instructions.

So this means I will not be able to shop at Morrisons or a couple of other places anymore. It means I am stuck completely to my local shops.

So, this means no more cotton wool pads to treat Popeye's abscess. But I should be able to get kitchen towels. However, if I can't, because I am a hoarder, as you know, I have kept old worn out cotton towels and other worn out cotton t-shirts in the garage. They are hanging in bags from the garage rafters. I will fish some out today and put on a boil wash.

Apparently, the English police in Cheshire are also setting up roadblocks this weekend to stop tourist weekenders coming into Wales.

Take care
Stay safe

Edit: and by the way, I won't be giving emojies out the way I was doing. I was giving out emojies to every post I read, but with my intermittent slow internet connection, this is taking too much time, waiting for the emojies to register. Frustrating. So, I will only sprinkle one or two emojis possibly. I will still be reading through all your posts however.
So, this is just to let you know. And to let you know it is nothing personal if you realise I am not clicking the emojis any more.

Last edited: