connection for accuchek mobile

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Have accuchek mobile connected to mysugr app but dr wont give me scripts for cassettes so trying to find a way to connect other blue tooth meter but cant seem to do it .Since rosche bought up my sugr have they made it only for use with thier own meters

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
There has only ever been about 5 meters that work directly with the mySugr app. One is the contour next one but I doubt your go will give you those strips as they are more expensive.. I have an accuchek connect meter which also works but again the strips are more expensive than the mobile

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
There has only ever been about 5 meters that work directly with the mySugr app. One is the contour next one but I doubt your go will give you those strips as they are more expensive.. I have an accuchek connect meter which also works but again the strips are more expensive than the mobile
Thanks for that am still trying to get script as consultant wrote to gp saying to give me accucheck strips as bolus info helps me loads ,tried explaining to nurse that expert meter was being phased out so need change to cassettes and even added that it was cheaper to nhs than the strips but to no avail however have contacted consultant asking for him to contact gp about this change so crossed fingers it happens

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
In fairness your doctor is being a **** it’s on the accuchek website that the cost of the cassettes has been reduced to the nhs I think the nhs now pays £7.50 per cassette where as the aviva test strips are about £10.75 per pot to the nhs.. if your consultant instructs him to prescribe them he will

Or phone accuchek and push for a replacement expert they send me one only about 2 months ago