What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 and back in the zone!

Today we spent chilling. I don't do sunbathing usually but managed a couple of hours. I'm half Irish and skin colour like a milk bottle without a spray tan!!! Got fed up and came inside to prep dinner. Beef bolognaise sauce on a bed of buttered cabbage.

Listening to LBC radio trying to fathom it all out! Not getting very far.

Happy Easter to one and all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have I missed your birthday! Any cake left ;-)

oops..

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

didn't really expect a yes, did ya.....;):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

save ya some next year..AND run it up..:D

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is such wonderful news. I am so happy to hear it.
I am now adding that vegetable lady and the farm vet to my prayers for you and Popeye, giving thanks for you all.
And I love your picture of you and Popeye. I wish him patience and you ease with the pedicure. The KittenCat has gotten better about having her claws done when she gets a treat after each paw; nowadays she just patiently endures, knowing it will go on until it's done.
Thank you @SaskiaKC
I will give him a good pedicure tomorrow...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can someone please help me with this passage from "Murder Must Advertise"? It's an office cricket match.

"Mr Hamlin made his way to the crease. He had his own way of dealing with bowlers. He patted the turf, and asked three times for middle and off."

I get patting the turf. But what are middle and off?

Mr Hankin's delaying tactics made the bowler nervous.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1

Temp 35.6

No more potatoes for me. I had some (a lot) yesterday, fried for comfort food and they were delicious. The potatoes have raised my blood sugars, and are now causing me arthritis sharp pains. So, no more potatoes...ever...

Back to LCHF today...

Get that number down.

Managed nearly 4 hours sleep last night. It would have been longer but a certain cat at 4 am this morning was very investigating every inch of my face with the tips of his whiskers...

He hasn’t done that for a bit. He looks as if he is feeling a lot better. The abscess on his head is improving. I was beginning to think I might lose him the last couple of days, and it was difficult to remain positive. Although I tried.

Thank you again for all your advice, support, ideas, and offers yesterday. And for being there.

Happy Easter

0F94B658-DBD1-4485-8A5A-BF2C870407D7.gif
3FE1E681-6891-496F-BFF8-11885A052B47.gif
3B7E41BA-3A5B-44E1-B8DA-609C0DCF5944.gif

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s good news Genn, glad you got at least a bit of sleep, it seems though Popeye is as worried about you as you are about him. I liked the pic of your potting shed, my garage is like that but maybe a little less organised.
Happy Easter.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s good news Genn, glad you got at least a bit of sleep, it seems though Popeye is as worried about you as you are about him. I liked the pic of your potting shed, my garage is like that but maybe a little less organised.
Happy Easter.
Thank you Trick
Happy Easter

Reactions: trick60

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone please help me with this passage from "Murder Must Advertise"? It's an office cricket match.

"Mr Hamlin made his way to the crease. He had his own way of dealing with bowlers. He patted the turf, and asked three times for middle and off."

Mid-off - a fielding position, is normally positioned about 25-30 yards from the batsman and , facing down the crease to the bowler, at about 2 o’clock so signaling for that with his bat perhaps - but I don’t play the game. Here is a nice little video for you from someone who might:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Six hours sleep, wow! Not that I feel any better for it. :joyful:

@SaskiaKC a little early for discussing the mysteries of Cricket, although @dunelm seemed to address it well.

@gennepher pleased you managed to sleep longer.

So more of doing more of what I've been doing today.

Happy Easter one and all. Occupy your time well today

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think the middle and leg was a stump reference, that is asking the ump if his bat was between middle and leg stump so he could make a mark and take his guard there.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 - wrong way round for ideal but it's Easter and I'm a believer so how can I let that get in the way? Suspiciously few other posts from this morning visible - don't think that can be right. @SaskiaKC middle and off is what is known as a guard - the batsman makes a mark on the ground to indicate a point in between where his middle and off stumps are (2 of the 3). This is so he can align his eyes with the direction of the ball as it reaches him. The three stumps are known as leg, middle and off. Middle and off is plain weird - your head would never be balanced. (Leg stump is, I think, favoured by top batsmen. Head would be more level.) Happy Easter even in these circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a promising Easter Sunday in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of alternative afternoon tea menus during a 6 way video link came in at 3.9 this am.

22nd day confined to barracks and still the 22 yard jogging circuit around the back of the house shows no sign of wear but only just over 120 miles done so far so early days. My piriformis is still holding a grudge, despite me searching out and performing a number of gradually more sophisticated Kama Sutra type contortions from the comfort of both a dining room chair and an exercise mat.

Bengali chicken curry with cauliflower tonight. It’s sitting patiently in the slow cooker after a 5 hour slow bubble during the night. Mrs Miggins is looking forward to having poppadoms and paratha - talk about culinary torture. I may make a cheese pancake or two for myself.

Have the most wonderful day that you can. There will be a good number of cooking programmes and dreadful films on the jelly vision throughout the day. Koffy time.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 today. Have already been out to feed Mr Fuzz and the girls. Bracing myself for another day of mice catching and rescuing. Havent let them out yet. Tea first. I have never had an Easter since my boys were born that I didnt spend with them let alone see them so that is sad but of course I am grateful we are all safe and well. The pain that so many are going through with loved ones in hospital is hard to contemplate.
Have the best Easter day possible All and look forward to better times.
As long as those we love the most are safe and well we will be just fine.
Stay/get well, stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.7 today. Have already been out to feed Mr Fuzz and the girls. Bracing myself for another day of mice catching and rescuing. Havent let them out yet. Tea first. I have never had an Easter since my boys were born that I didnt spend with them let alone see them so that is sad but of course I am grateful we are all safe and well. The pain that so many are going through with loved ones in hospital is hard to contemplate.
Have the best Easter day possible All and look forward to better times.
As long as those we love the most are safe and well we will be just fine.
Stay/get well, stay safe.

Hugs for not being able to see your boys.
Stay safe
I hope the sun shines for you today x

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.1

Temp 35.6

No more potatoes for me. I had some (a lot) yesterday, fried for comfort food and they were delicious. The potatoes have raised my blood sugars, and are now causing me arthritis sharp pains. So, no more potatoes...ever...

Back to LCHF today...

Get that number down.

Managed nearly 4 hours sleep last night. It would have been longer but a certain cat at 4 am this morning was very investigating every inch of my face with the tips of his whiskers...

He hasn’t done that for a bit. He looks as if he is feeling a lot better. The abscess on his head is improving. I was beginning to think I might lose him the last couple of days, and it was difficult to remain positive. Although I tried.

Thank you again for all your advice, support, ideas, and offers yesterday. And for being there.

Happy Easter

View attachment 40310 View attachment 40311 View attachment 40312
Such good news about Popeye - it definitely looks as though he is feeling so much better. You must feel better also after having some sleep.

Very interesting that the potatoes triggered arthritis pain. I have something similar happen with wheat and sugar. Only once since I went low carb in 2016 have I eaten wheat or sugar.

I won't go into details here at breakfast time - but I had a desert with wheat and sugar and it triggered a huge upset to my digestive system. It was the same as the digestive problems I have suffered with all of my adult life until I went low carb/keto - but magnified a 100 times. It did ensure that I never touched wheat or sugar again.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
have never had an Easter since my boys were born that I didnt spend with them let alone see them so that is sad but of course I am grateful we are all safe and well
Same here, Easter was always family get together, Easter egg hunts and story telling. Already missing it although we have had lots of early morning photos from son and daughter and grandchildren, thank goodness for technology.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Fbg 8.1

Temp 35.6

Back to LCHF today...

Get that number down.

Happy Easter

View attachment 40310 View attachment 40311 View attachment 40312
12-04-2020
7.15am FBG 5.6
Bit higher than I like, that would be eating late, again.
Fasted further 45 mins down to 5.4
@gennepher So glad to read that Popeye is improving. I had that same upsetting thought and worried for you. Isolation can be tough and our pets make a huge difference to our well being in difficult days.
Potatoes are a great comfort food, i can eat a very small amount. I think. Will be watching out now to see if they have the same effect as bread, which i absolutely love. Really miss it and have realised recently that even a small piece of normal bread will trigger carb cravings. Sorry to read about the arthritis pain. With return to LCHF will it ease swiftly?