What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Such good news about Popeye - it definitely looks as though he is feeling so much better. You must feel better also after having some sleep.

Very interesting that the potatoes triggered arthritis pain. I have something similar happen with wheat and sugar. Only once since I went low carb in 2016 have I eaten wheat or sugar.

I won't go into details here at breakfast time - but I had a desert with wheat and sugar and it triggered a huge upset to my digestive system. It was the same as the digestive problems I have suffered with all of my adult life until I went low carb/keto - but magnified a 100 times. It did ensure that I never touched wheat or sugar again.
Thank you @Krystyna23040
My brain is now half functional with some sleep.
It is not until we go without something for a period of time then try it again do we realise.

Have a good day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
12-04-2020
7.15am FBG 5.6
Bit higher than I like, that would be eating late, again.
Fasted further 45 mins down to 5.4
@gennepher So glad to read that Popeye is improving. I had that same upsetting thought and worried for you. Isolation can be tough and our pets make a huge difference to our well being in difficult days.
Potatoes are a great comfort food, i can eat a very small amount. I think. Will be watching out now to see if they have the same effect as bread, which i absolutely love. Really miss it and have realised recently that even a small piece of normal bread will trigger carb cravings. Sorry to read about the arthritis pain. With return to LCHF will it ease swiftly?
Thanks @SlimLizzy
Popeye makes a huge difference to my day. I know he is pretty much ancient in years, but apart from the recent feral cat incidents, he has pretty much been healthy and acts like a cat a fraction of his age.

It is very easy to trigger carb cravings.

Going back immediately to LCHF should help pretty quickly. Thanks. I had forgotten how bad the sharp arthritic pains could be.

You have the best day you can.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who realised how stupid some of questions the journalists are asking at the daily government briefing.

Another low 4.9 this morning.

Happy Easter Sunday folks, today is a day of rest and relaxation according to Mrs J, but I did spy her writing a task list for me today.
I like the pictures that are being posted such talent.
Well seeing as today is Easter Sunday and as that famous comedian Dave Allen used to say " May your God go with you".
I would like to say be good, but it leads to the question " Good at what "?

Reactions: ianpspurs

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a beautiful sunny start to the day hard to relate to it being Easter Sunday...a better sleep thank goodness I needed it...garden doors open Lola & Charlie outside stalking sticks & twigs better than the bird wing Lola brought in yesterday on closer inspection it was an 'old' one she'd found so we're not at the real hunting stage yet...FBG 6.8 I'm comfortable with that in these strange uncertain times...as long as we do the best we can we have to be satisfied with that...have to get dressed today & try to get back to a normal routine wondering what our new normal will be when the lockdown is over.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 this morning
this quiet, bright and sunny morning :)

@SaskiaKC - love the fun of doing the 'middle and off' thing as a mind game when he steps up to face the bowler, trying to psych the bowler into believing that he's facing an expert of batting precision, causing fear and doubt and thereby putting the bowler off his stride so that the first ball is slower and an easier one to hit well, which will then demoralise the bowler even more :D
I enjoy Dorothy Leigh Sayers' books, so precise and so whimsical at the same time, with such colourful and varied use of language :)

@Muddy Cyclist I really appreciate your tulips, such joyful bold colour :joyful: and I look forward with interest to your next series.

Hope your day treats you well :)

today's art catch up -
no 1 is on A4 craft card and painted with the Kuretake paints using images from a couple of photographs.
upload_2020-4-12_10-58-7.jpeg

no 2 - these were inspired by seeing a tiny framed up pic in the charity shop.
each pic is about 2.5 inches tall and both painted on one sheet of cream craft card with the Daler Rowney. I just wanted to see what such a small scale would be like :D and the answer is fiddly to say the least :hilarious:
upload_2020-4-12_11-5-25.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning one and all. Haven't tested my fbs's for a while as I'm rationing my test strips so I didn't feel I could post on here other than reply to other's posts. This morning's test came out at 8.3 so nothing to celebrate there! Have been self isolating throughout this strange time but am fortunate to have a small garden to potter in. Yesterday I polished and tuned a guitar I bought years ago just in case I decide to learn how to play it! Otherwise it's puzzles and jigsaws to keep my brain alive. I haven't been able to see/ speak to mum for over 3 weeks now which has been hard. I will venture out later to deliver her Easter card/ gifts but will have to hand them to a carer at the outside door of the nursing home. Luckily the home isn't far away so travel should be OK. I ring the home every day to check how she is and have been told all is well. Enjoy your Easter Sunday folks in the best way you can. Stay safe and well.:)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Well its Easter day today and as I am a bit fed up with slouching around in jeans all day, I decided to wear a dress today at least its different. Had a nice lamb joint picked out for Sunday dinner until I got a call from my son asking if we had a spare joint as they didn't have one for Easter. We are now having chicken. But it was nice to see him even at a distance away. Hope the lamb tastes nice.

I know how others are feeling having to keep their distance from family, I plan to set up a skype call today. Love to see kids enjoying themselves and they will have lots of Easter eggs to enjoy I'm sure.

Up at 3:30 again this morning as I was far too hot. Logged onto the computer and managed to get a grocery delivery slot for next week so that was ok. Went back to bed at 5:00am and actually slept until just after 8:00 so all good for now.

@gennepher, sounds as if Popeye is improving thank goodness. - I actually found some cotton wool balls in the wardrobe yesterday, didn't even know I had them, Dil must have left them after a visit. Unfortunately they have been opened so no longer sterile but if they are any good let me know and I will forward on to you. - Don't know if you could sterilize by steaming them?

Hoping everyone will have a really great day today. I might be sleeping a bit ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher, sounds as if Popeye is improving thank goodness. - I actually found some cotton wool balls in the wardrobe yesterday, didn't even know I had them, Dil must have left them after a visit. Unfortunately they have been opened so no longer sterile but if they are any good let me know and I will forward on to you. - Don't know if you could sterilize by steaming them?

Thank you @Ryhia he is. The tablets have made a difference to him.

I feel much happier about him now.

I checked online and you cannot sterilise the cotton wool at home. Thank you for thinking of me. I appreciate it.

I hope you are having a good a day as you can.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

today's art catch up -
no 1 is on A4 craft card and painted with the Kuretake paints using images from a couple of photographs.
View attachment 40315

each pic is about 2.5 inches tall and both painted on one sheet of cream craft card with the Daler Rowney. I just wanted to see what such a small scale would be like :D and the answer is fiddly to say the least :hilarious:
View attachment 40316
A beautiful nature study @geefull with a delicate touch

The two miniatures look gorgeous.
I did try miniatures many years ago, but they wrecked my eyes.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting challenge for today. I used two different digital painting apps on the iPad to create this. I started with a digital canvas board, then painted. It is a derelict old rusted barn in the photo I took of it. It took a couple of hours.

D1A55E32-80CA-4351-9B91-BA10FFB3EC07.jpeg

Reactions: alf_Josiah

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1

Temp 35.6

No more potatoes for me. I had some (a lot) yesterday, fried for comfort food and they were delicious. The potatoes have raised my blood sugars, and are now causing me arthritis sharp pains. So, no more potatoes...ever...

Back to LCHF today...

Get that number down.

Managed nearly 4 hours sleep last night. It would have been longer but a certain cat at 4 am this morning was very investigating every inch of my face with the tips of his whiskers...

He hasn’t done that for a bit. He looks as if he is feeling a lot better. The abscess on his head is improving. I was beginning to think I might lose him the last couple of days, and it was difficult to remain positive. Although I tried.

Thank you again for all your advice, support, ideas, and offers yesterday. And for being there.

Happy Easter

View attachment 40310 View attachment 40311 View attachment 40312

Happy Easter to you both! And thanks for posting the good news about Popeye -- I hope you have been able to make up the sleep sometime today. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mid-off - a fielding position, is normally positioned about 25-30 yards from the batsman and , facing down the crease to the bowler, at about 2 o’clock so signaling for that with his bat perhaps - but I don’t play the game. Here is a nice little video for you from someone who might:

Thank you very much! That helped a lot, including explaining what "Off" and "Leg" meant in the description in the book. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting challenge for today. I used two different digital painting apps on the iPad to create this. I started with a digital canvas board, then painted. It is a derelict old rusted barn in the photo I took of it. It took a couple of hours.

View attachment 40320

That is lovely. Very atmospheric. Thank you for posting it. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.7 today. Have already been out to feed Mr Fuzz and the girls. Bracing myself for another day of mice catching and rescuing. Havent let them out yet. Tea first. I have never had an Easter since my boys were born that I didnt spend with them let alone see them so that is sad but of course I am grateful we are all safe and well. The pain that so many are going through with loved ones in hospital is hard to contemplate.
Have the best Easter day possible All and look forward to better times.
As long as those we love the most are safe and well we will be just fine.
Stay/get well, stay safe.

Hugs for missing your boys.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 - wrong way round for ideal but it's Easter and I'm a believer so how can I let that get in the way? Suspiciously few other posts from this morning visible - don't think that can be right. @SaskiaKC middle and off is what is known as a guard - the batsman makes a mark on the ground to indicate a point in between where his middle and off stumps are (2 of the 3). This is so he can align his eyes with the direction of the ball as it reaches him. The three stumps are known as leg, middle and off. Middle and off is plain weird - your head would never be balanced. (Leg stump is, I think, favoured by top batsmen. Head would be more level.) Happy Easter even in these circumstances.

Thank you. :) Happy Easter! Christ is risen!

Reactions: geefull

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC - love the fun of doing the 'middle and off' thing as a mind game when he steps up to face the bowler, trying to psych the bowler into believing that he's facing an expert of batting precision, causing fear and doubt and thereby putting the bowler off his stride so that the first ball is slower and an easier one to hit well, which will then demoralise the bowler even more :D
I enjoy Dorothy Leigh Sayers' books, so precise and so whimsical at the same time, with such colourful and varied use of language :)

Thank you. :) I love her books too, and in this one, in this chapter she got very detailed indeed about cricket! The description of Mr Hankin's delaying tactics was followed by an even more technical description when "Mr Bredon" (Lord Peter Wimsey incognito) came to bat and proceeded to win the match. He'd played at the Oval for Oxford and was recognized by one spectator for his batting prowess.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 this morning
this quiet, bright and sunny morning :)

@Muddy Cyclist I really appreciate your tulips, such joyful bold colour :joyful: and I look forward with interest to your next series.

Hope your day treats you well :)

today's art catch up -
View attachment 40315

View attachment 40316

These are so lovely, and calming. Thank you for posting them. :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, fbg unknown this morning as I've lent my testing kit out, they were feeling "wobbly" at random times of the day and were wondering if it was their blood sugars. Have a lovely day all, stay safe.