Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10mg. Experiences?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I have been suffering from major depression for the past 3 years. Been resisting to take any antidepressants. Got described to take Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10mg. Anyone have any experience from Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10mg for depression/major depression?

But I feel that nothing else helps and I might have to try to take antidepressants. I used to be on Cymbalta for major depression, years ago, for depression which helped me. But my psychiatrist suggested me to try Brintellix (Vortioxetine) 10 mg, since it's a more modern antidepressant with fewer side effects than Cymbalta.

Also been suggested to try CBD oil by friends.

Otherwise, i'm a male 34, high functioning autism, diabetes 1, high blood pressure.

Nelly.libar

This thread really piqued my interest. My therapist thought trying SNRI would be a good idea for me. I tried few SNRIs and then settled with Cymbalta/Dulexotine. I took it for about 2 years. Taking this drug felt horrible. When I finally managed to got off of it (with extreme withdrawl symptoms), I was immediately diagnosed with Type 1 insulin dependent diabetes. I was 30 at the time and have no history of Diabetes in my very large extended family. Love to hear from anybody with more to say about this..