What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.3 on the dice after a very "bready" Easter weekend. Keep your chin up @SaskiaKC these are strange and scary times, but things will get back to normal and you will get your move to your new place, we just have to sit this out and keep safe.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
According to his profile, he last posted on this site last Wednesday morning. That post said he was taking a break from the board for awhile. Hopefully he is OK and just taking some time off from here.
He was on the Destiny 2 game yesterday so still around , just not on this planet.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 again today. Yesterday was more relaxed inside due to the cold wind. Caught up with some recorded stuff and enjoyed that, almost up todate with Belgravia which I am loving. We had our daily Scrabble challenge at the kitchen table rather than outside. Today is start of the working week, for Mr PM anyway and for me re housekeeping.
@Muddy Cyclist I love the latest watercolour, it is very soothing. @SaskiaKC sorry you were restless yesterday, I think the guitar suggestion is good. Or find some drama series like I did. Its hard, I know.
Have a good Tuesday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 for me have a good day everyone
FB_IMG_1583825846307.jpg

Reactions: jjraak

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed to complete my days Watercolour A4 second in my Woodland Series based on Wolfscote Dale Derbyshire where the white cliffs drop into the woods along the River Dove. From a photograph and sketch I did there in 2018.

Kept the painting method free and quick 45 minutes.
View attachment 40364
Georgeous. Want to be there.
He was on the Destiny 2 game yesterday so still around , just not on this planet.
That's great news thought he might be zoning out. I was concerned as nearly a week ago when he had got over the worst he posted "I'm in a sort of safe zone, I was warned that a few people reach the one week mark and feel fine only to slide back around 10 days so I am now being optimistically cautious.." so I was just concerned - you have relieved my mind - thank you.

Well woke up to a 4.9 this morning. No further testing required. Stay safe, stay positive and enjoy the day. (Even if its a bit nippy outside as it is in my neck of the woods).

Reactions: jjraak and SaskiaKC

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1
Temp 35.8

A friend has been messaging me since 4 am Her dog took ill last night, displaying neurological symptoms, so she’s been sending me videos to show me how he is, asking me what is wrong. So I have been keeping her as calm as possible, she was hysterical initially, but now 4 hours later (of texting) she is now in a good enough logical enough place to call her vet whose lines open at 8 am (she lives in Hampshire). With some clear precise questions written down.

I need fresh air and sun now, so going out in the sun to do some gardening and Popeye can watch me from the window...

Take care
Stay safe

xxx

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are working today, but not .......well never mind.

A surprising 6.8 this morning, well it was a surprise to me!

Miss a day on this thread and you have to play a lot of catch up, their might be lesson in there. Who knows who cares.
I am writing this without the aid of koffy, a very dangerous practice, me and me's might say something nice, nah no chance.
Now well into my 5th week of isolation, yes I started early. It's not getting to me, but I must recatalogue my shoe lace collection, stuff this......I'm orf to make koffy and then shock horror drink it, have a great day all.
Hand and footnote: Nice paintings all you painters and decorators.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning each. Cheeky message on the meter screen - your fbg is 5,1 today - maybe baby:clown: How very dare it. Makes a guy wonder just how far to trust all this checking bg levels. Exceptionally pleasant pheasant last evening so 'tis only fair I balance that out by eating one of the pork chops from the recently acquired 1/2 pig (why so many of those?). Provenance of the pig and quality of the butchery spot on but in 64 years I have never eaten a pork chop worth the effort. Great artwork @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher, bird pictures @SaskiaKC and good news on OBB @trick60. Mrs Dale seems very relaxed lately - haven't heard her worry about Jim for ages - anyone know what's going on there? Please do remember to keep your hand on your ha'penny:angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1
Temp 35.8

A friend has been messaging me since 4 am Her dog took ill last night, displaying neurological symptoms, so she’s been sending me videos to show me how he is, asking me what is wrong. So I have been keeping her as calm as possible, she was hysterical initially, but now 4 hours later (of texting) she is now in a good enough logical enough place to call her vet whose lines open at 8 am (she lives in Hampshire). With some clear precise questions written down.

I need fresh air and sun now, so going out in the sun to do some gardening and Popeye can watch me from the window...

Take care
Stay safe

xxx
Hope your friend gets the help she needs which I am sure she will. Around here the vets arent all open but take it in turns but you can always get help and I am on the Hants/West Sussex border.
My next door neighbours, a couple in their early 70s have an awful situation developing. She is displaying all the symptoms of dementia, in the last week has been wandering off, walked 3 miles to her old birth home where her brother lives a few days ago, she is regularly wandering into our garden and on Sunday tried to follow me into the house. So now I have to leave the back door locked where it would normally be open in fine weather. If it wasnt for the CV lockdown this wouldnt bother me but she has no awareness of social distancing. Her husband is distraught but of course we cannot help. He phoned the Dr who said atm they cant have any testing done. I advised him to get back to the Dr and explain how bad things are, maybe mild sedative could be prescribed. I think he might have underplayed the situation. He said its been coming on for a year, with some confusion and forgetfullness. We wonder if the current worrying situation has accelerated her condition. Very sad.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
morning all, had a nice relaxing Bank Holiday weekend. Actually I only has 3 battles with The Meter of Doom, resulting in 2 readings over 14, and one over 10 the rest (I have been testing multiple times a day around 8ish) have been OKish. Funny thing happened yesterday as I took the pooches (or the twits as I call them) I started to feel very lethargic and slow, strange I thought but hay ho off we go! anyway got home and thought Check my sugars and, 2.7! no signs, no symptoms I'd normally be eating the house, having sweats, tunnel vision and being all confused. to say I was surprised is an understatement, but these are strange times. I am attempting to build a pallet couch and dog day bed! it may take some time but I'll get there. I will give hugs to all that need them and high fives to everyone else.

Take care and stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bird chirping morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonders wheel “all this can go either underneath or over the top of your burger” came in a 5.1 this am

It’s one of those Walrus and the Carpenter mornings here: The sun was shining on the sea, Shining with all his might.
Very dangerous for the locals - they should stay indoors, protect their skin and save their vitamin D.

Interesting what you can come up with to replace a burger bun when you fancy a burger and a big stack of autre chose.
Yesterday was two semi-crispy discs made of finely shredded leftover cauliflower leaves, gouda cheese, parmesan cheese, a heaped teaspoon of ground pork scratching dust and the egg that binds - dropped in splogers into a mildly hot, oily pan and then left to get on with it.

Afternoon tea day today - Mrs Miggins is getting used to this - my fault for offering her a nice cheery alternative to gruel and marmite:
Ah, afternoon tea.
What will it be?
Fancy cut sarnies,
With fresh walla-bee.

Have the very best day that you can make it, boredom is just that nasty chimp inside your head playing hard to get.
Koffy time and then a jog round the virtual park.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, I'm showing a 6.1 on the throttle with a 36.0 on the temp.

Thank you to those who enquired, that was kind of you, I stepped back only because my Aspergers can put me in a bad position if I get overwhelmed socially.

On the aspie forums, we are aware and have things in place to help, but on NT forums I can find myself getting banned quite easily for speaking out about things that may be normal to neurotypicals but **** annoying to the neurodiverse. It's why gaming can be an important control and release mechanism for many of us :angelic:

It's been a good week, I have spent time in the garden and we now have a new section of borders and two new beds all planted up. Her ladyship is most pleased and rewarded me with a gin and tonic evening in the garden :)

Health has improved nicely, I still get tired in the afternoon but that's what cat-naps are for, enjoy the day :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! :) I hope the big black and white bird was a magpie. I've read about them but never seen one. But he was much bigger than the other birds.
I think I saw 3 kinds of t i t s ;) , and I saw a jay, because I found him online. Lovely bird, though very different from our blue jays over here. I haven't seen a blue jay in a long time. We used to have plenty of them when I lived in houses with gardens, but I've never seen one since I've lived in this apartment building.

View attachment 40366

Typical birds who would've been feeding in a US version of the video would have been the blue jay, chickadee, maybe a tufted titmouse, and one of my favorites, a cardinal.

h_a1_3725_3_northern-cardinal_carole_wiley_kk_adult-male-and-adult-female_0.jpg

We have robins, too, but I don't think they eat seeds. They eat worms, and suet, I think, if it's put in a holder for them.

web_h_americanrobin_03-16-2016-110-adult-male.jpg

A little while ago the KittenCat and I were lying on the bed together. She was watching more of the birds video and I was reading an e-book. :)
Have you noticed that, now it is quieter with less traffic, you can hear the birds much more.

I have got a CD of birdsong which I often listen to. The idea was that I would be able to identify birds by their song. No.matter how much I listen to it I am still unable to do that.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you to those who enquired, that was kind of you, I stepped back only because my Aspergers can put me in a bad position if I get overwhelmed socially.

On the aspie forums, we are aware and have things in place to help, but on NT forums I can find myself getting banned quite easily for speaking out about things that may be normal to neurotypicals but **** annoying to the neurodiverse. It's why gaming can be an important control and release mechanism for many of us :angelic:

It's been a good week, I have spent time in the garden and we now have a new section of borders and two new beds all planted up. Her ladyship is most pleased and rewarded me with a gin and tonic evening in the garden :)

Health has improved nicely, I still get tired in the afternoon but that's what cat-naps are for, enjoy the day :)
Post of the century Millennium - who said hyperbole was out of fashion?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

So good to see your post. Completely understand why you have been away for a few days. You have been missed.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

So pleased that you are feeling a lot better. It's really good to hear from you.