Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Did you watch and listen to Andrea Bocelli on YouTube yesterday @Japes? I confess as soon as the camera entered Milan Cathedral, I could smell the mustiness of the churches aunt used to drag us round for edification when my sister and I were young, but that’s just me.

Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I didn't, @Fairygodmother but I know the musty smell you mean!! Especially in older less used ones.

I think all this time of the churches being closed is going to make it worse!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I didn’t get a blink of sleep either, my brain wanted to shut up but diabetes won’t shut up. Unfortunately hypoed for ages this morning but I’ve been made to go to work. Manager didn’t quite understand that I was extremely confused this morning, let alone calling in sick. But anyway, I survived and I’ve returned to upper numbers.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all - sorry to those suffering from broken sleep, but after not having a full night’s sleep for the best part of a year, I’ve had 6-7 hours every night for the past week and I feel amazing. Long may it continue!

My neighbour has gone AWOL. We had a knock on the door on Saturday, when we opened it there was a parcel on the doorstep and a Hermes driver gave us a thumbs up as he zoomed away. The parcel was for next door though.

We’ve tried knocking several times, but they’re never in. I don’t know whether their work requires them to go in, but my suspicion is that they are just not following the rules and have gone off on a jolly. In which case I don’t really want to get too close to give the parcel back... maybe I’ll just lob it over the fence...

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello all - sorry to those suffering from broken sleep, but after not having a full night’s sleep for the best part of a year, I’ve had 6-7 hours every night for the past week and I feel amazing. Long may it continue!

My neighbour has gone AWOL. We had a knock on the door on Saturday, when we opened it there was a parcel on the doorstep and a Hermes driver gave us a thumbs up as he zoomed away. The parcel was for next door though.

We’ve tried knocking several times, but they’re never in. I don’t know whether their work requires them to go in, but my suspicion is that they are just not following the rules and have gone off on a jolly. In which case I don’t really want to get too close to give the parcel back... maybe I’ll just lob it over the fence...

IMG_1430.jpg
use this

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just lob it @ArtemisBow, or, if it makes you feel better, gently drop it, but only after you’ve quarantined it for four days. Then, if they’re sensible, it’ll need another four days of quarantine on their side of the fence. Very much hope they’re not jollying.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I understand your dilemma..

Lol, I'd think carfully about lobbing it. ;)

Done deliveries myself in the past, but mainly for DIY companies.? When there are "special instructions" due to householder not being in.
We used to photograph the goods left at the location & front of property as reference incase of "where's my stuff..?"
But to be fair there was always a graphic description taken regarding the location for the drop..

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still no sign of them. Tomorrow I’m going to put it on their doorstep using rubber gloves, knock and leg it I think.

@Jaylee I’m sure you were a conscientious delivery driver but our local Hermes chap is not. I’ve had things shoved in the bushes, under the car, in the bin, and either with no note at all or sometimes the calling card but no additional info on it. Sometimes it’s even been signed for when there was no one here. So not surprised he dumped it with me!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still no sign of them. Tomorrow I’m going to put it on their doorstep using rubber gloves, knock and leg it I think.

@Jaylee I’m sure you were a conscientious delivery driver but our local Hermes chap is not. I’ve had things shoved in the bushes, under the car, in the bin, and either with no note at all or sometimes the calling card but no additional info on it. Sometimes it’s even been signed for when there was no one here. So not surprised he dumped it with me!

If your neighbours have a back door that you can access? Place it in an old waterproof bag incase it rains & leave a note through the door?

Lol, yep. I gave deliveries a go.. I like to imagine the recipient in the same position as myself?

Funny story.. I ordered something ages ago.
I happened to be home & was online.. Then I had an email notification, proudly stating my package had arrived.

I checked the front door.. Like heck it was here. I'd heard no knock.
So I went to the side kitchen door which we use as the main enterance. Nothing on the step..

Stepping back through the threshold, I looked down as I closed the kitchen door & spotted placed leaning against the washing machine, my package..
I had heard nothing, not even the dog was alerted!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mornin’ all, hope everyone’s well, and had a decent amount of sleep last night.
I’m going to have a moan.
What is it with some people who are out for a run that they feel they can hog the pavement, leave heavy sweat smells, and who knows what else in their wake, while their obviously greater need for exercise negates moving over to distance from any others who happen to be out? I encountered one of these yesterday.
Moan over.
The cat says hi, and to tell you all he’s pleased the old bat woke with a 6 and gave him an early breakfast. Sun’s shining, a bit.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps. New job starts today, so got the usual “first day” nerves... Slept much better though, which is good. Feeling weird being out of pyjamas hahaha

You take care of yourself :)

Good morning, 6.3 waking, sanding walls and cycling for me, maybe with a shopping trip thrown in for good measure and an Ebay search for a better bike seat...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning chaps. New job starts today, so got the usual “first day” nerves... Slept much better though, which is good. Feeling weird being out of pyjamas hahaha
Look after yourself and your colleagues as well as the patients. Stay safe!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Ah, I have many theories about the increase of new runners and walkers, few of them repeatable, but my experience is much as yours @Fairygodmother. I assume they are as inconsiderate and with such strong sense of entitlement in all other areas of life? It's the ones who come up close behind me and yell at me to move who generally get yelled at by me - despite what my students may think I do not, in fact, have eyes at the back of my head and I don't necessarily hear your approach. Well, heavy breathers I do and they get yelled at for different reasons!!

I ought to consider the weekly shop but may go later this afternoon instead of early morning. Or tomorrow... Still, I've amended my fly-tipping report with copious pictures now but I have no hope of it being cleared any time soon.

Blood behaving very nicely. Hooray.

@LooperCat - hope all goes well today!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Drive carefully, be careful and stay safe.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
stay safe @LooperCat - well all of you really but you know what I mean.

BGs have been a bit yo-yo - but manageable, and of known reasons..................T1! LOL

Joggers/runners! have seen a fair few recently, oddly they seem to slow down and take a wide birth when they come near me.........and the big bear of a dog :p

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got back from dog walking and a trip to the postbox with my driving licence forms. Could've done it online but my attempts to register - even with my passport details and driving licence details - failed, no idea why, so I did it on paper.

@LooperCat stay safe and let us know how it goes.

@Fairygodmother there is a very narrow pavement in my tiny road. I was coming home down it with my dog yesterday when the runner who'd run past too close - though in the road - turned round, came on to the pavement in front of me and proceeded to rearrange his socks and the strapping on his legs inside the socks, knowing full well that I'd reach him before he'd finished. There are cars parked right up to the pavement and for a way back from where he stopped, so I had no option but to take my dog into the road. To pass we'd have had to both turn sideways. Yes, it's a quiet country road, though with a farm and far more traffic than you'd expect as there are a lot of horses kept there and people drive in and out several times a day to deal with them. As I stepped into the road to avoid him he stood up and looked at me and watched me all the way past. ???

By way of contrast, I see a fair few walkers, with and without dogs, and lots of friendly greetings are exchanged at a good distance. Some of them I know, some I've no idea who they are, but it's just nice to have that little bit of social interaction.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I see it’s going to be one of those days. The makers of the Miaomiao have just said that it shouldn’t be used alongside Libre Link which the Consultant wants so he can download results during this time of no face to face appointments. Alerts on the MM or Libre results to the Consultant. Choices, choices,