Pain in lower legs

Aditya Singh

From some couple of week I started to walk 3-4 kilometres in morning and 2 kilometres after dinner but I feel very much pain in my lower legs and when I walk up at morning then it got very hard for me to move and after some time I feel relaxed...

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
trying to find any alternative of walking.

Welcome to the forum.

Are you taking metformin - side effect lactic acidosis.

Are you on a statin - possible side effect, muscle pain.

I take a while to get going in the morning but then I'm a lot older than you.

Aditya Singh

Welcome to the forum.

Are you taking metformin - side effect lactic acidosis.

Are you on a statin - possible side effect, muscle pain.

I take a while to get going in the morning but then I'm a lot older than you.
I take insulin...Lentus(long acting) and humalog(rapid acting).
Having a fair control over blood sugar but from last some days I started to walk and feel high pain in lower legs..

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I started to walk and feel high pain in lower legs..

I'm not an expert but something I've had checked is the amount of blood flow through my arteries and veins. It was because of the sudden appearance of leg ulcers, fortunately in my case nothing to do with the blood flow, and it cleared up very quickly. Poor blood flow can cause pain.

Reactions: Aditya Singh

Max68

One thing I would like to suggest is have you been prescribed anti depressants? I had dreadful restless legs in the evenings, to the extent of painful, and at night for 4 nights in a row about two weeks after being prescribed them. Came off the pills and was fine 24 hours later.

Aditya Singh

I'm not an expert but something I've had checked is the amount of blood flow through my arteries and veins. It was because of the sudden appearance of leg ulcers, fortunately in my case nothing to do with the blood flow, and it cleared up very quickly. Poor blood flow can cause pain.
Yes I agree...

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Get it checked by a doctor. That is really the only thing to do.
I, nor anyone here, can try and second-guess what's causing your problem.
Well done for trying your best to exercise! Now we just have to stop it hurting. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From some couple of week I started to walk 3-4 kilometres in morning and 2 kilometres after dinner but I feel very much pain in my lower legs and when I walk up at morning then it got very hard for me to move and after some time I feel relaxed...

Hi @Aditya Singh ,

Welcome to the forum.

I maybe wrong. But your symptoms could simply be Leg cramps.?
Are you woken by this pain?
Does the pain go away after massaging the lower leg muscles?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/leg-cramps/

Please see your doctor regarding this issue..

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
If I don't walk enough then my blood sugar rise...so I tried to walk regularly... trying to find any alternative of walking.
Maybe try some cycling. I've started again recently. It might not affect the legs in the same way and you'll be burning off the calories.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, some years ago I started to walk to and from work, about two miles each way. After a few weeks I started with pains in my shins - I was walking at about four miles per hour on pavements and tarmac. I found that slowing my walking speed and wearing softer soled shoes eventually cured the problem, but having done the damage it took a few years. I now walk at about half that speed and find that is usually quite comfortable.