What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's watercolour in my Woodland Series became a disaster, in trying to save it I ended up with a muddy mess so the paper is now drying and I will try again on the clean side tomorrow. Could not face trying another wood picture so moved on to start my next series Hedgerows...

This is the first in the series, Watercolour A4 size about 2 hours. Inspired from a walk in Shropshire last year, taken from a Sketch I had made whilst we ate lunch.

Back to my old painting stile in this painting.

View attachment 40387
I will complete the Woodland Series.

Thank you for posting this lovely landscape. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's watercolour in my Woodland Series became a disaster, in trying to save it I ended up with a muddy mess so the paper is now drying and I will try again on the clean side tomorrow. Could not face trying another wood picture so moved on to start my next series Hedgerows...

This is the first in the series, Watercolour A4 size about 2 hours. Inspired from a walk in Shropshire last year, taken from a Sketch I had made whilst we ate lunch.

View attachment 40387
Brilliant...I absolutely love this.
It reminds me of walks I used to take with J a couple of decades ago.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.6
Temp 35.9

Take care

Stay safe

4959EE93-1B75-4397-AE32-5AFF085377D1.gif
4FBD6AD6-761B-4442-9FC7-74172F46D548.gif
14D141E3-8325-4589-AFC7-3E54034CC198.gif
900C3FAF-5E0D-4980-B029-8CB73A244213.gif
68348E64-87E6-4CE8-BB62-54761FEBE99F.gif
BE971D7C-73DF-47A7-8683-9A9C5B343A9B.gif
4CD475DF-96B0-4D01-B866-C6DF05C51A2F.gif
8F172FE0-8A9B-433B-8F21-9CFA624FE4CF.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 today after a very nice cheese & tomato omelette last night.
@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the hedgerow painting it is so lovely especially the wild flowers. @SlimLizzy hug for the bare cupboards, not a nice position to be in. Hope you can find a way to get supplies. @gennepher lovely emojis especially the cherry blossoms. Not sure what today brings in my world. Have been out to feed Mr and Mrs Fuzz and there is a ground frost.
Hope you have a good Wednesday. Stay/get well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning prick, scan or read the tea leaves and tell massive. This is all very jolly. 5.2 was displayed on the meter screen - absolutely no certainty my bg was anything like that. If indeed that was true I certainly couldn't honestly tell you how that transpired. Other people will no doubt explain it all to me because, you know, they really, really, know my body and my needs so much better than I. Then there's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis - has a mate who wrecks 5g phone masts. Lovely couple who seem to know so much and always willing to share their knowledge on social media.. Great painting @Muddy Cyclist. @SlimLizzy not sure about the fierce urgency of now for the bike ride but if deemed essential take care.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Straight 6.0 this morning and the sun is blazing, garden time once again ;)

@OldButBold good to see you around!

Been a bit Choppy with the North South devide banter. What about us lot in the middle?

Faggots and Peas anyone?

Thank you :)

We Midlanders are always north of someone and south of someone else, that's why we are so balanced. I admit to loving faggots, there are some in the freezer right now sitting alongside the frozen peas ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A little COVID-related hilarity -- hope it makes y'all laugh. --

One organization in my area posted online about toilet paper giveaways. They posted a link for people wanting to donate, but no link to where you can actually pick up a roll or two.

This same organization is recommending that instead of using toilet paper people buy bidets and install them.
Yeah, uh-huh, just go out and buy a bidet and install it.
How many things do you see wrong with that? Don't include the increased use of water, another precious resource!

A different organization is updating its website "daily" listing places where you can actually still buy toilet paper, such as office-supply dealers.
Every single 12-pack of toilet paper costs at least 3 times as much as an ordinary grocer-store 12-pack.
How many people do they really think can afford to spend 3 times as much on toilet paper as they usually spend?

And the best,, saved for last --
Amazon.com is still offering toilet paper for sale.
New and used.
Recycle - you know it makes sense

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm we just ate pork chops a la dunners (remarkably similar to this https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-co...e-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-194257) The chops themselves were large, thick and from carefully reared and butchered animals. The preparation and cooking were very respectful. The outcome was better than I expected but I would still never buy pork chops. As part of the 1/2 pig deal chops are the downside (perhaps another time I can negotiate a no chops package) BUT that method gives the best possible results. So thank you the chops now won't be just given to the dogs.

Glad it went well and an excellent recipe. Don’t know if I would brine for four hours but I expect it would give a good outcome. Respectful preparation and cooking would have contributed to tenderness. Waste not, want not, your country needs you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yea I don't think you have pease pudding in your neck of the woods either - its made from split peas and bacon bones or ham shank stock. Oh you are missing so much. Drool, Drool.
Don’t forget carlings - love a bowl of carlings with bacon and vinegar - and they don’t have to be restricted to just one day a year.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad it went well and an excellent recipe. Don’t know if I would brine for four hours but I expect it would give a good outcome. Respectful preparation and cooking would have contributed to tenderness. Waste not, want not, your country needs you.
Need to end this soon but personally I wouldn't ever call the meat from a pork chop tender. - able to tolerate maybe? I googled carlings so thanks. I would swerve the bacon but vinegar is high on my list of God's blessings.

Reactions: Ryhia and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from spit between bright sunshine and chilly air in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of fish and chorizo a la Galicia rumbled out at 4.1 this am

The blond orang-utan across the pond, together with his 4 year old pals is now blaming the WHO for all his ills. Baba O’Riley will be fuming. Such a teenage wasteland.

My mother called yesterday from her home in France - shortage of flour and now yeast. Luckily she made a starter a couple of weeks ago and hoping to get more flour today. @SlimLizzy - are you still able to get flour and yeast. This website might be of some use: https://www.offthegridnews.com/off-grid-foods/prepper-baking-101-making-your-own-yeast/

We are sprouting beans on the window sill - early days - must remember to rinse them often. Seeds collected in France last year also sitting snug in cut up loo roll centres - not trying to grow new loo rolls but wondering what will eventually grow.

Excellent artwork @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist - thank you.

Best get on with my busy day, Have as wonderful a day as you can. Koffy calls.

upload_2020-4-15_8-20-40.jpeg

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t forget carlings - love a bowl of carlings with bacon and vinegar - and they don’t have to be restricted to just one day a year.
Ooh yes forgot about carlings, used to love carlings but have not had them for a long time, when I tried to look to buy some, I could only find them being sold as chicken food which put me off a bit.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently a good beef pudding on a stick fire was all the rage amongst the cottagers. Eels, lots of eels. I was born in Cambridge which is geographically The Fens but just a tad different culturally. Nanny is now in the Great Nursery in The Sky. One can only offer thanks such atrocities never gave her the vapours.
I can now taste delicious steak and kidney suet pudding in my mouth. Yum Yum. Where's that pressure cooker.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who morn the banning of natonal bin day celebrations.

A little 6.7 this morning and the thought process hmmmm passed through my tiny minds. Watch that meter.

I don't know about you folks, but my day, if allowed by Mrs J will be filled with the smell of wood preservative, felt, wood kickboards and if time permits electrickery.
Now I must sign out and go and comit plinky plonky, a little bit of ragtime music on my keyboard then orf into the garden.
I do hope all you folks have a great day, remember we pass this way but once unless we are caught in a time loop and or can skip dimensions.
Stay well, stay safe and stay home.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 40387
Beautiful. This is so much my comfort zone.