Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see it’s going to be one of those days. The makers of the Miaomiao have just said that it shouldn’t be used alongside Libre Link which the Consultant wants so he can download results during this time of no face to face appointments. Alerts on the MM or Libre results to the Consultant. Choices, choices,

Hi,

I had that issue whilst I was pushing to get the Libre on script. I found scanning for the consultants regarding Librelink didn't hinder the MM & XDrip set up I have.
But I did get a "sensor clock hasn't advanced" pop up on my phone from time to time..

Since seeing my endo a couple of months back & being rejected for prescribing the Libre. I only scan with the Libre app to activate the sensor.
They can ask me how many times a day I monitor my blood as much as they like.
The answer will be the same. "My way, every few minutes. Using this..."

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps. New job starts today, so got the usual “first day” nerves... Slept much better though, which is good. Feeling weird being out of pyjamas hahaha

A belated good luck on your first day!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks guys, turned out to be mostly admin, getting kitted up with a bag load of PPE and familiarising ourselves with which bit of the vehicles to kick to make steps unlock or wheelchair mounts to open up :D

On the road PROPER tomorrow!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, bloods a little high last night, didn’t quite hit double figures but it was a close run thing! Slept well though as I’d left the volume on my phone too low to hear the alarms :hilarious:

Out on the road today, crewing up with an experienced bloke, so am really looking forward to that. We take it in turns to drive and sit with the patients, late shift today, so 1130-1930. I think it’s “just” dialysis and chemo (there’s a couple of other clinics running, but I don’t know what yet) runs this next couple of weeks, but things are changing so quickly, who knows?

Stay safe, friends x

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke in the night with a 3.2, ate 1 jelly baby and now at 8.3. I’m sure it’s partly stress but BGs have been all over the shop this last month.

Good luck on the road today @LooperCat!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

No joint ache this morning... it's been a Thing for the last 3 weeks which I'd been putting down, initially, to lack of walking my usual amounts. However, the longer it went on, even on days I'd managed a reasonably long walk or energetic stuff about the house and garden, the more frustrating it got as it was also affecting blood sugars. Then the penny dropped. With a resounding thud at the point my jeans didn't want to do up!!

The other Thing over the last three week has been toast at lunchtime whilst I've been home along with more flour related carbs generally. Two days without the daily toast has made a massive difference and my jeans are much more comfortable again this morning.

I think me and bread/flour, of any variety, are just going to have to admit we're never going to have a stable relationship. For the sake of my weight, joints and blood sugars. We've tried since DAFNE tried to reconcile us with promises of "calculate carbs correctly and you'll be fine, honest", but it's just too difficult for us.

Fortunately, since the food supply chain has settled here (other than the single pints of milk thing - they have vanished!) all my preferred varieties of food items are back on the shelves again so I did a decent restock last night (still a 10 minutes queue!) and have now hidden the last of the bread in the freezer for the current remote possibility I will get my usual regular house guests who like toast when this is all over.

Reactions: kev-w, hh1 and slip

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 4.8 waking and I read yesterday the local coffee roaster's reopened so I've supplies to collect at 11am :) I moved the push bike seat forward an inch and it's become more comfortable which is pleasing, my young un's coming for a sleep over later as well so we may opt for a spot of tidying up her messy bedroom.

I've cut a unit from my basal a couple of days back so may see a difference riding today...

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My hubby managed to score some toilet paper!!!!!! Lol.............It was back on the shelves at both stores he went to so he even got to get our favorite brand.

Reactions: Japes

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been out for a walk on this glorious morning, am going to work in part of the garden where the dog can't see me and leave her in the house - I'm a bit concerned that she, like lots of other people's dogs, is getting used to me being with her all the time, which isn't usually the case. So some pretened time 'out of the house' is in order I think.

I was like you last night @ArtemisBow, woke up in the night on 3.3, one jelly baby and back to sleep. Woke on what Libre thougth was a 3.8 but I didn't and nor did my meter, now at 6 so happy with htat.

@LooperCat enjoy it and stay safe!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good afternoon all, late to the show today, spent a lot of the morning having a WhatsApp conversation with younger daughter who was sitting in their garden with the dog. 5.1 ish, depending on which device is consulted, this morning but very happy with that.
One of our neighbours says he’s feeling cabin fevered but we agreed we’re very very lucky to have gardens and sunshine.
Yesterday’s long walk in the nice woods has cured knee grumbles and helped bloods too.
Have a safe day @LooperCat, hope bloods settle soon @ArtemisBow, but as long as they’re not too bad and you’ve got through the nappy, amusing, playing, feeding day you’re a winner!
Yes, I’m not religious but Amazing Grace was just that @Marie 2. I think there’s a Lloyd Webber Phantom tomorrow though I’ll give that a miss, but I’ll be tuning in to The Mash Report on Friday. iBBC iPlayer might have it some time if you can get that over there.
The Royal Opera House and The National Theatre are putting ‘live’ performances on YouTube too.

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends

I finally received my test strips today through the post! I’m so happy :) Work was so and so, I’m still pretty sore from last week. I was able to buy eggs today, it was the last box of eggs that I could find. Early rise tomorrow, good night!

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 My diabetic dog already had major separation anxiety when we got her. We had gotten her used to being left alone for up to 5 hours. But I hurt my back a couple of years ago and just about was home 24/7 for 3 months straight and ever since then we can't leave for even 10 minutes without her pitching a huge fit. We have to have a dog sitter or leave her with a friend when we go somewhere without her. I wonder how many pets are going to get used to parents being home a lot.