Low without feeling it

rebetic

Today i woke up and i checked my bg libre said i was LO and i was like i had pasta for dinner you lying piece of **** i didnt feel a thing then i wanted to make sure i’m not low so i checked my blood it actually was 34! Which is 1.8 I was freaking out like how can i be this low without feeling it i been diabetic only for a month and a half so its not about hypo awareness
Im afraid i wont notice anything when im asleep until its too late

Last edited:
Reactions: Aditya Singh

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @rebetic ,

If I remember rightly you use Lantus as a basal?
If you are newly diagnosed, it may well be the "honeymoon" period where your pancreas is unhelpfully still spluttering out a little insulin before it finally stops. Which will hopefully give you a little more stability in your managment when it finally does?

The Libre, is a great tool to tell you where you've been. Have you considered adding a Bluetooth transmitting device like a Miaomiao. Alarms can be set to catch those lows.. An app like "XDrip could also help with predictions?

Edited to ads a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.)

image.jpeg

Last edited:

rebetic

Hi @rebetic ,

If I remember rightly you use Lantus as a basal?
If you are newly diagnosed, it may well be the "honeymoon" period where your pancreas is unhelpfully still spluttering out a little insulin before it finally stops. Which will hopefully give you a little more stability in your managment when it finally does?

The Libre, is a great tool to tell you where you've been. Have you considered adding a Bluetooth transmitting device like a Miaomiao. Alarms can be set to catch those lows.. An app like "XDrip could also help with predictions?

Edited to ads a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.)

View attachment 40445

Yes i use lantus but im pretty sure im not on my honeymoon period i tried eating without insulin it went to 240
Maybe after the crisis i’ll order one ty

Addison's

Hi
Did you have alcohol during afternoon or evening? Can cause a delayed downturn in b gl. As per ads for drink driving it can still be in your bloodstream 12 hours later and distract your liver from converting carbs as normal.

Aditya Singh

Today i woke up and i checked my bg libre said i was LO and i was like i had pasta for dinner you lying piece of **** i didnt feel a thing then i wanted to make sure i’m not low so i checked my blood it actually was 34! Which is 1.8 I was freaking out like how can i be this low without feeling it i been diabetic only for a month and a half so its not about hypo awareness
Im afraid i wont notice anything when im asleep until its too late
This Can only happens when your blood sugar remains low most of the time(from last some days)...then our body got habitual about low blood sugar and don't show the symptoms of low blood sugar....
I suggest you to please maintain your blood sugar under the range for 7 to 10 days then you will again be able to feel the symptoms of hypoglycemia..

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes i use lantus but im pretty sure im not on my honeymoon period i tried eating without insulin it went to 240
Maybe after the crisis i’ll order one ty
you can still be in a honeymoon period even requiring insulin, you require less than what you would if you weren't in the honeymoon period, I only required 1 unit basal insulin for 2 years and had a good insulin to carb ratio so I wouldn't rule the honeymoon out xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This Can only happens when your blood sugar remains low most of the time(from last some days)...then our body got habitual about low blood sugar and don't show the symptoms of low blood sugar....
I suggest you to please maintain your blood sugar under the range for 7 to 10 days then you will again be able to feel the symptoms of hypoglycemia..

Hi,

Are you possibly meaning keeping BGs over 7 & around 10 for a couple of weeks to regain hypo awareness?

Bishop

Hello
If the lows are happening for a while without you feeling them then I suggest you should try and stay a little higher than you usually do for 2-3 weeks time. I had this problem a while ago and this is how I did it. Try to stay around 6-7 for a while. Don't go lower than 6 and after 3 weeks you should start to feel again as soon as you go lower than 4.
I hope this helps.
Good luck!