Dr Unwin et al new paper on treating obesity and T2 with low carb.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Marvellous! Thank you for posting @bulkbiker. Always handy to have for an otherwise lovely GP I go to and we have lively discus... well - arguments about carbs and type two. Not that he is thinking about that right now...

Reactions: bulkbiker

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/17/7/2557

Hadn't seen it posted up anywhere else.. full paper is available in the pdf download.
Thanks. That was a good read. I didn't really understand this sentence in the conclusions - " In particular it should be noted that, as with any other dietary interventions, the evidence for long-term compliance with, and sustainability of, carbohydrate restriction is currently not strong." Does it mean they think we are unlikely to be able to keep it up? I've found it the easiest regime to adhere to. Of course the fridge is full of cheese and ham, the cupboard is full of eggs etc ... but isn't that the point?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it mean they think we are unlikely to be able to keep it up? I've found it the easiest regime to adhere to.
I think it means what it says, that so far with really only the Virta trials being consistently monitored and long term there isn't a lot of evidence apart from, as you say, those of us here who find it really easy.
The "science" still needs to be done although anecdotally many of us have found it life changing.