Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning :) 5.9 waking, had an 'odd' one cycling yesterday evening, bloods had risen to 8.5 after dinner and looked to be carrying on rising, 15 miles on the bike brought them down to 5.2 as I got home, but within minutes back up they started to climb, a correction dose cured me but using a miaomiao on top of the libre has given me some insights I've not seen before during exercise.

I managed to catch the egg man in his little egg van yesterday so have 3 dozen large eggs smiling at me from the larder :p
You must be eggstatic @kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning! Starting work at 11, all very civilised. Bloods steady in the fours overnight, liver popped me up to 6.3 over the past hour. Helpful.

Not got that Friday feeling as I’m on shift tomorrow too, so no gin tonight :D

Eggsellent hunting and gathering, @kev-w !

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well there we are, Antje’s been christened. Even a double edit can’t remove her long name now, must be the work of Father Jack. Cup of tea, gwon, gwon, gwon.

Reactions: youngl31

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well there we are, Antje’s been christened. Even a double edit can’t remove her long name now, must be the work of Father Jack. Cup of tea, gwon, gwon, gwon.
Funny how the link still works. It leads to this ghostly other Antje though. She was last seen on the forum 5 years ago and has never posted. Will be a bit of a shock if she ever comes back and sees all those notifications of being tagged in all kinds of threads :hilarious:
Possibly a little classic Dave Allen stuff too..? :)
Let me finish the Vicar first and I'll make sure to come back here for advice on what to watch next :happy:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Father Ted definitely has to go into the mix.

Does anyone think Mrs Doyle, and Mrs Cropley and related in some way?

Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh definitely, though Mrs Doyle’s a little less adventurous in the cake department and Mrs Cropley failed to see the potential of the trolley.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
7.2 this morning, not too bad but must do better, and now it seems to be stuck there, on all of the tech, so there’s no escaping it. I’d hoped that yesterday’s walk in the woods would have brought it to the 5s, but no, T1 must have been an idle passenger while I was striding out and marvelling at the clump of Lily of the Valley that comes up every year. Wish they’d grow in our garden, they smell so lovely, but no, wrong kind of soil.

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2 this morning, not too bad but must do better, and now it seems to be stuck there, on all of the tech, so there’s no escaping it. I’d hoped that yesterday’s walk in the woods would have brought it to the 5s, but no, T1 must have been an idle passenger while I was striding out and marvelling at the clump of Lily of the Valley that comes up every year. Wish they’d grow in our garden, they smell so lovely, but no, wrong kind of soil.
Be careful what you wish for - I have some, and once they established, they turned into major thugs. Beautiful whilst in flower but drowning out some other beauties. I really need to clear a lot of them out and put something around the rest to restrain them.

Reactions: kev-w

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, just popping in to say Hi. Was 6.something this morning after a big correction going to bed, miss calculated carbs last night, oh hum.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey any football fans will know this. I've hit quite a few hat tricks. (3 lots of Same numbers in a day)
Take last Monday, I hit 3 times 5.8s. :) lunch dinner bed.

Anyone else can claim they hit 3 same numbers in a day?
IMG_20200417_115604.jpg

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Delticmatt100 it's getting results like that that make you start to wonder if your meter is on the blink :cool: (but I do have to point out that for all we know your BGs could have been anywhere in between those excellent 'scores' - well done)
Hey tx. My machine is working good. :) I'm starting to get to know my levels in my body. :)

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, just popping in to say Hi. Was 6.something this morning after a big correction going to bed, miss calculated carbs last night, oh hum.
I don't carb count. I just take more Humalog if I eat something bad. :)

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven’t had same numbers three times in a day because I don’t usually write down my numbers anymore but while I was pregnant I had to write down my numbers and I remember having 5 days in a row where my first fasting reading was exactly the same - I thought I’d made a mistake copying it down!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven’t had same numbers three times in a day because I don’t usually write down my numbers anymore but while I was pregnant I had to write down my numbers and I remember having 5 days in a row where my first fasting reading was exactly the same - I thought I’d made a mistake copying it down!
Very good :))

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
After waking to a 7.4 that I decided for some reason to go up to an hour after I went to sleep, I took an adjustment and now am at a pleasant 5.1.

My lawn was mown again by my hubby. It sure does not dare to grow a half inch?

Reactions: karen8967