Government food box?

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I am wondering if anyone has received a government food box. I received one to my door and unsure of its a mistake? I'm. Type 1 diabetic live myself I have not had a shielding letter I stay in Scotland if this makes a difference. I have asked My diabetic nurse and Dr reception but they don't know.

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Computer hiccup from the sound of it. Maybe it was for next door?

Reactions: dmcx3x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hey, I am wondering if anyone has received a government food box. I received one to my door and unsure of its a mistake? I'm. Type 1 diabetic live myself I have not had a shielding letter I stay in Scotland if this makes a difference. I have asked My diabetic nurse and Dr reception but they don't know.
What was in it was it all high in carbohydrates?

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Computer hiccup from the sound of it. Maybe it was for next door?
I have no clue but they have to press my buzzer entry system which is marked clearly with number 2 and then my door has number 2 as well... Only 3 flats in here too and asked my neighbours.

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never look a gift horse in the mouth, if you do not like the contents of a freebie box give it to someone else...
I didn't say I didn't like the contents and I am grateful for it. I am just wondering if I should have received it or not.

D

Deleted member 308541

I didn't say I didn't like the contents and I am grateful for it. I am just wondering if I should have received it or not.
I used to get meals on wheels delivered that were not mine occasionally, till they woke up andd stopped.

Don't worry about it...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
not sure if it was meant for you,
but if not , 2nd one i have heard of.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/covid-19-elepant-in-the-room.173685/#post-2250546

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to get meals on wheels delivered that were not mine occasionally, till they woke up andd stopped.

Don't worry about it...
Haha I feel guilty for taking it if its not for me lol. But I suppose I have asked My nurse etc and they have no clue so not much I can do lol.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes! Pasta tomato soup beans bread etc.
Does make you wonder though, if I needed one of those boxes (I don't) would they know I was gluten intolerant? Or would half the box just be wasted?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does make you wonder though, if I needed one of those boxes (I don't) would they know I was gluten intolerant? Or would half the box just be wasted?

would you have even got it ..?

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very true but on the letter I got with it it says if you don't use the things give them to a local foodbank and also says you will get one once a week and if you have any allergies etc to let them know so they can taylor the box to suit.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very true but on the letter I got with it it says if you don't use the things give them to a local foodbank and also says you will get one once a week and if you have any allergies etc to let them know so they can taylor the box to suit.
Sounds like you have a way to trac down its source to halt or continue with the delivery at least.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Never look a gift horse in the mouth, if you do not like the contents of a freebie box give it to someone else...
Especially if it has big teeth and a nasty disposition.

As to the box I was just curious as to what is considered essential by the whomever decided what should go in them.
Any tinned meat or such, bread I would have thought might have past it's use by date by the time it gets through the system unless the box is made up at a local level I really don't Know how these boxes have been organized.

Not that I'll be getting one nor do I need or want one.