Self isolation for 12 weeks ?????

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks again for agreeing with me and your helpful advice. The NHS policy across the board is that ANYONE, not just those who are vulnerable, who can work from home should be working from home so I’m flummoxed why they are not heeding their own policy. Again their excuse is there is a waiting list to be given remote access by IT. By the time they get to us, this will all be over - that’s the norm in the NHS though and you can tell by the amount of doctors and nurses etc complaining about the lack of PPE and who want to remain anonymous, what kind of environment we are working in!! No one feels safe to complain.

Thank you again, it is very much appreciated.

Hi Angebabes, just one more thing, yes, EVERYBODY is supposed to work from home with the caveat 'IF possible' and I understand that there would have to be a list of people waiting for the necessary equipment meaning it may not be immediately possible BUT you fall into a higher category than 'anyone' as designated by the govt so you should at least be at the top of the list. x

ANGEBABES

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Angebabes, just one more thing, yes, EVERYBODY is supposed to work from home with the caveat 'IF possible' and I understand that there would have to be a list of people waiting for the necessary equipment meaning it may not be immediately possible BUT you fall into a higher category than 'anyone' as designated by the govt so you should at least be at the top of the list. x

Attachments

• B6E1DBD9-7451-49AD-9719-59E7BF9AA52E.jpeg
    B6E1DBD9-7451-49AD-9719-59E7BF9AA52E.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 415

ANGEBABES

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not to frighten anyone but is this not what I have been saying all along re diabetes and coronavirus, think we need to be treated as further up the ‘At Risk’ category than Public Health are advising the Government and NHS Management on. Please watch the short video I have just recorded from BBC News 17/04/2020.

Reactions: Liz182 and Picci

ANGEBABES

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry folks thought I had uploaded the video but it won’t let me, just uploads a still photo. She said quote “out of the deaths recorded today across the UK only 30 cases were people who didn’t have underlying health conditions like diabetes and heart disease which are such a definite risk factor to how well you do when you contract the virus.”

purple1505

I'm type1 have had 3 heart attacks the last being may 2019 and have asthma so you can imagine how scared I was when I saw all 3 of my illnesses listed when it first went on .gov website. Then they said those who were most vulnerable would get a letter in March. I never got one but was still panicking. I got a text from GPS nurse stating to continue with my brown inhaler but to carry the reliever inhaler every where I go, no mention on diabetes or heart. Finally a letter came telling me that I have to sheild for 12 weeks because I'm at risk of severe illness if I catch corona virus and that I'm at a higher risk and more likely to be hospitalised. I can only say it's due to having asthma that I got the letter. If you're in doubt ask your GP surgery as letters are late going out.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t think anyone has changed groups. It’s just being misquoted left right and centre. Full details in my signature lists

3 groups.
Main population social distancing,
those vulnerable (diabetes, over 70 etc) being stringent about social distancing and
those at high risk (immune compromised, cancer etc) who should be 12 week shielding along with anyone identified by their drs by letter.

The original lists produced way back at the beginning did actually include diabetes. It seems to have been progressively downgraded as the weeks have gone on.

I don't think that's a measure of our risk being less, merely a ploy to stop the country grinding to a halt, since so many have this condition. It's also a cost cutting measure.

They need us at work, so they're prepared to take a risk with our lives.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The original lists produced way back at the beginning did actually include diabetes. It seems to have been progressively downgraded as the weeks have gone on.

I don't think that's a measure of our risk being less, merely a ploy to stop the country grinding to a halt, since so many have this condition. It's also a cost cutting measure.

They need us at work, so they're prepared to take a risk with our lives.
Pretty certain that’s when there were just two categories (normal and what’s now called vulnerable, previously called at risk) before they defined the extremely vulnerable top risk group that got letters. Frequent name changes have made it even more confusing.

I agree diabetes isn’t in the highest group because of the sheer numbers involved.

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Received NHS letter on Thursday, type 1 diabetic for 25 years and diabulimia. No other underlying conditions. This was after a conversation with the GP 3 weeks ago saying I wasn't at risk and fine to go out. There is literally no consistency ha.

Mark in Spain

Watching closely. I’m a teaching assistant and I’m and tired of kids coughing, I know it’s probably just normal seasonal illness but I’m type 1, h
I am 38 and am now working from home for the foreseeable, my partner works in a school and they have been sending loads of kids home. Is it pointless staying in if she can bring it home?

igh blood pressure, underachieve thyroid and I’m 50. I’m a lone parent to a 14 year old and have no family near me.[/QU

Mark in Spain

Received NHS letter on Thursday, type 1 diabetic for 25 years and diabulimia. No other underlying conditions. This was after a conversation with the GP 3 weeks ago saying I wasn't at risk and fine to go out. There is literally no consistency ha.
It dosent matter who you are or where you are, all we hear is different and ear say. I am in Spain living and I really havent got a clue whats going to happen as I am meant to be back at work at the start of next month. truth is no way do I want to get back out there mixing with others. We all know we are at risk, the stats in Belgium prove we are the worst group to get it with the highest death rate, all very very confusing