Low carb program

Kjh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As a type one of 30 years who during lockdown has eaten too much ! I was looking at different online life style changes.
Has anyone bought the low carb program ? Currently on offer ?
Are the meal plans good ?
I did do slimming world and remained at target for years but stopped going.
Hope everyone is coping with this new surreal world we are living in.
Stay strong, safe and at home.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As a type one of 30 years who during lockdown has eaten too much ! I was looking at different online life style changes.
Has anyone bought the low carb program ? Currently on offer ?
Are the meal plans good ?
I did do slimming world and remained at target for years but stopped going.
Hope everyone is coping with this new surreal world we are living in.
Stay strong, safe and at home.
Hi . I believe that a type 1 prograamme was in the offing but is still in development perhaps because of the current crisis as i think it is a DuK Gp who is developing it.
Btw like many others I've done the diet rodeo a few times. Went to Slimming World and left because low fat/high carb wasn't working for me. It clearly doesn't work for many people either judging by all the fat returners in the room!
I keep my weight stable now (judge by fitted clothes rather than scales but that is my thiing) by eating low carb without couting calories (as SW does via its Syns system). As type 1 you will have to work out what that means for you and how you might want to get into it as truly low carb is 20g daily (basically a few above ground veggies) or up to 100g on the liberal side.
I started by converting 1 meal at a time to low carb and Fridays remain a chocolate day.
My basal on a pump is unchanged but I take much less bolus obviously.
I did not follow a programme as I didn't want to feel as if I was on a diet but wanted to adapt to this as a way of life but there is no reason that you could not try this one here or take a look at Diet Doctor which offers similar low carb prorammes.
There are quite a lot of type 1s here who do low carb so ask if you have any questions!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No - it wasn't available six years ago when i was diagnosed with T2 and started low carbing, and I'm quite happy and well used to doing my own thing research or dietary management wise. Out of interest, I did look at it when it was first introduced, but decided it wasn't going to tell me much that I didn't already know or could find elsewhere, and I found some of their recipes were too high carb for me. I may possibly have considered it had it been available earlier.

However, if you feel in need for regular more formal guidance then it would probably be worth a try, though be aware it's aimed at glucose management rather than weight control. As @NicoleC1971 has suggested Diet Doctor offer a similar type of program.