What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So here is the finished Hedgerow watercolour started yesterday, A4 in total about 90 minutes, last in this series. I have posted yesterday's as a reminder thumb print. I actually like yesterday's better it's now gone too dark.

View attachment 40514
View attachment 40515

Next series of three Vistas.

I don't think it has gone too dark. I like the contrast between the dark foreground and the lighter background. I like what I am seeing here.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has just been pointed out to me I posted my daily painting in the wrong thread...and not the full chat thread. Sorry for making a mess...

View attachment 40512 View attachment 40512 View attachment 40512 View attachment 40512

My daily painting challenge...
Took me a couple of soothing hours, finger painting it in the SketchClubApp

View attachment 40513
Sea, desert, beach and even chocolate so many images from one creative piece of art. Thank you @gennepher. The key is soothing, helps calm the worries and tribulations of the times we face.

I finished mine in my studio, sounds grand it's really my old office, whilst Mrs MC is playing many Hyden Piano pieces, so relaxing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My lunch today...using my spring onions cut from the base of previous shop bought spring onions and placed in water, in the kitchen window, to grow to their original height. Then I cut them, and they will grow again. Also I grew more celery from the base of previous shop bought celery, again it is only in water and you can see how tall it has grown. I cut a couple of stalks off.

The tin of tuna, beans and veg is from the Polish shop. It was delicious.

View attachment 40506 View attachment 40507 View attachment 40508
That does indeed look tasty and colourful. You are having great success with growing veg. My out of date lettuce seeds are just startingbto germinate with specks of green appearing but nothing from the spring oniond. I have had an email that my new seeds and tomatomplants will be delayed further but not saying when.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

sunny but with a very cold wind streaming across the firth here today ;) We've just been out for our potter round the village with background orchestration of the sound of strimming going on all over the place, perhaps they're hoping the breeze will blow away the grass bits :D

As we were walking along one of people we often share greetings with as we're walking in opposite directions round the village passed on her bike and shouted across that she was going to leave a couple of cups of soup on our doorstep for us, (she's one of the people who has a basket saying 'take one' outside with crisps, bottles of fruit juice and sweeties to cheer people up :) ), it's sweet potato and coconut soup which will be something different for mr gee and mum to try ;) very kind of her plus it's in disposable cups so they can be wiped down then emptied into a pan.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist interesting to see the 'underpainting ' stage of your next work whilst it's in progress :)

art catch up -
no 1 - trying to improve the perspective by putting a bit more in the foreground ;)
View attachment 40510

and no 2 - a cautionary tale against relying on pre-mixed green, it just took over :hilarious: A lot of colours dry lighter in value, not this green (it's one of the Kuretake colours)
View attachment 40511
Thanks for the paintings which very much remind me of the soft greens and skies of an Irish summer.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sea, desert, beach and even chocolate so many images from one creative piece of art. Thank you @gennepher. The key is soothing, helps calm the worries and tribulations of the times we face.

I finished mine in my studio, sounds grand it's really my old office, whilst Mrs MC is playing many Hyden Piano pieces, so relaxing.

Sounds relaxing where you are painting...
Thank you for the compliments @Muddy Cyclist
Your painting takes me for a walk in the countryside...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is the finished Hedgerow watercolour started yesterday, A4 in total about 90 minutes, last in this series. I have posted yesterday's as a reminder thumb print. I actually like yesterday's better it's now gone too dark.

View attachment 40514
View attachment 40515

Next series of three Vistas.
Thank you MC that is beautiful and it was interesting to see the progression too.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like rabies and domestic animals.
Hmm ... I could order myself a natty little collar to put my vaccination tag on. ;)

images
Definitely the red but order two!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: SaskiaKC

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That does indeed look tasty and colourful. You are having great success with growing veg. My out of date lettuce seeds are just startingbto germinate with specks of green appearing but nothing from the spring oniond. I have had an email that my new seeds and tomatomplants will be delayed further but not saying when.

I replaced the water with fresh water with my spring onions every other day. I also sprayed them with water every time I went in the kitchen to make a cuppa tea/coffee. They are on the ledge in front of the kitchen sink, so it doesn't matter if I make a watery mess. When they were on the front room window ledge I wasn't watering, nor was I spraying them enough. I was trying not to get the water spray on the window, or on my couch.

That is a nuisance the seeds and tomato plants being delayed...I hope they come soon @PenguinMum
You can grow tomatoes from your shop bought tomatoes if you want to try that in the meantime. This is the first time I have tried this. I cut slices of tomatoes up (or you could cut chunks) and place them in soil (I cut out the side of an old milk bottle). And put some soil on top. I sprayed them with water daily (but I forgot initially with Popeye not being well), and only started that daily spraying of the tomatoes a few days ago, and the seedlings have just started coming up....

If I had a drone, I could send you some in a month's time!

Edit...forgot to put photo in...sorry...it is sideways...

A3FAD3D6-7D52-46EA-AEFA-25A95CE5E449.jpeg

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I replaced the water with fresh water with my spring onions every other day. I also sprayed them with water every time I went in the kitchen to make a cuppa tea/coffee. They are on the ledge in front of the kitchen sink, so it doesn't matter if I make a watery mess. When they were on the front room window ledge I wasn't watering, nor was I spraying them enough. I was trying not to get the water spray on the window, or on my couch.

That is a nuisance the seeds and tomato plants being delayed...I hope they come soon @PenguinMum
You can grow tomatoes from your shop bought tomatoes if you want to try that in the meantime. This is the first time I have tried this. I cut slices of tomatoes up (or you could cut chunks) and place them in soil (I cut out the side of an old milk bottle). And put some soil on top. I sprayed them with water daily (but I forgot initially with Popeye not being well), and only started that daily spraying of the tomatoes a few days ago, and the seedlings have just started coming up....

If I had a drone, I could send you some in a month's time!

Edit...forgot to put photo in...sorry...it is sideways...

View attachment 40518
Oh thank you..another recycling idea also nothing is getting wasted. Would it be enough to half a tomato and just scoop out the seeds and sow them, should they be dried out first?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh thank you..another recycling idea also nothing is getting wasted. Would it be enough to half a tomato and just scoop out the seeds and sow them, should they be dried out first?

Yes, no reason why not @PenguinMum
No you don't need to dry the seeds first. Like I said I just sliced the tomatoes, as thin as as I was able, placed them immediately on the soil, put more soil on top, a very thin layer, just to cover them.

Your way, you can be eating the tomato, and planting the seeds at the same time!

As I am on my own, I have more than enough tomatoes in the container, so I was doing it the lazy way :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, no reason why not @PenguinMum
No you don't need to dry the seeds first. Like I said I just sliced the tomatoes, as thin as as I was able, placed them immediately on the soil, put more soil on top, a very thin layer, just to cover them.

Your way, you can be eating the tomato, and planting the seeds at the same time!

As I am on my own, I have more than enough tomatoes in the container, so I was doing it the lazy way :)
Great I will get on to that tomorrow...when I eat toms I dont much like the seeds anyway. :)

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can we please stop all the sniping regarding the current American president, we surely have enough problems with our own rabble and quite frankly it’s starting to look like bullying and obviously upsetting some threadmembers, so please behave.

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can we please stop all the sniping regarding the current American president, we surely have enough problems with our own rabble and quite frankly it’s starting to look like bullying and obviously upsetting some threadmembers, so please behave.

I moan about our one @trick60 , because I am appalled.. And I am aware you have a deep interest in keeping everyone safe.

While we are in the midst of crisis.
Many politicians are down playing this.
No worse then flu..be fine in a few weeks and now seemingly promoting civil unrest.

I agree with @OldButBold assessment.

I do worry for those who live here, but I worry fur others around the world, America is a country we have always looked to as our cousin as the spies say.

It's only natural we worry for them too.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The thing about any conversation within a thread is you have the choice to take part. I'm not big on politics
I meant to add that I am not big on politics either, and I do love a quiet life with no confrontation, but I do think that this is too big an issue to stay quiet. Too much is at stake.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold thank goodness we are able to change our rating of a post. I rated your post Funny, which is totally inappropriate, when I meant to rate it Winner. Hopefully I changed it before you noticed.