Type 2 Managing with IBS

Paul Truscott

Recently diagnosed with type 2 - I have IBS too- some recommended foods are not compatible with both conditions e.g whole meal bread sets off My IBS but recommended to use over white bread. Any information/advice gratefully received
PT

Antechinus

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Give up bread altogether. Go low/no carb, do it for a month or two and see if there is a difference. Don't bother with gluten free and sourdough etc, just stop eating carbs from grains, all forms, and legumes and below ground grown vege such as potatos. Heaps of information on this site, and also out in the interweb. So much information your head will explode

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The plus side of going low carb has resulted in my IBS more or less clearing up. Try not to have bread. I do have Morrisons High Protein bread occasionally with no side effects, but I like to make the Diet Doctor mug bread and have it toasted. I get quite addicted to it. I have also found that chia seeds and Lo Dough which are both high in fibre and therefore I would expect to set off my IBS, don't actually do so! Good luck!

mouseee

I have IBS too and its soooooo much better on low carb.
I occasionally have a slice of low carb bread but on the whole it's much better. Bloating gone, pain gone and although metformin has other gut side effects they are manageable for me and very mild.
Definitely suggest low carb, no bread at all if you can!