JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had noticed yesterday but thought it was a temporary glitch but looks like it's not.

Will just have to rely on the labels but that is hard to do when ordering on line.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just been on the app - if you scroll down to nutritional info and click on it all info is there including carbs

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i see no carb count either on google chromebook

M

Member496333

I just checked in Safari on a Mac and all I see is the ridiculous traffic light system.

They have nuked the nutritional info for sure.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suspect the app may lose it if updated. Anyone looked on Twitter?

I don't tweet, it baffles me.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m praying it’s a system glitch as the entire nutrition section at the bottom of each product info has disappeared. I have also sent feedback.

M

Member496333

It appress that Tesco collaborate with a company called Spoon Guru. It could be a system error, or perhaps they've been advised to obfuscate the nutritional information. Spoon Guru certainly seem as though they would be the type of firm to identify such 'improvements'. Obviously just speculation on my part. But...

https://www.spoon.guru

D

Deleted member 308541

heir whole site has changed. eg. Kingsmill Wholemeal bread. They give energy, saturates, fat, sugar and salt. The sugar content is printed as 1.2g per slice. There is no mention of the carb intake which is 16.8g per slice. I think this is dangerous. If you're new to diabetes you need all the info you can get, and this is so misleading.
Hmmmm! Using the bread you mentioned as an example, the nutrition info is on the Kingsmill Bakery website.

It might pay you to look for your info on manufacturers website for other stuff a s well...

http://www.kingsmillbakery.co.uk/our-products/wholemeal

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m praying it’s a system glitch as the entire nutrition section at the bottom of each product info has disappeared. I have also sent feedback.
The nutrition title is still there which makes me think it is a glitch rather than intentional.

Reactions: lovinglife

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Simple solution. Don’t shop at Tesco. They will soon revert if it affects sales

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Simple solution. Don’t shop at Tesco. They will soon revert if it affects sales

Easier said than done in our one horse (well, one decent sized supermarket) town.

My feedback to the Tesco's site was fairly simple 'If your website does not provide me with the nutritional information I need to manage my health, then I will no longer be a customer.' But the reality is, I am more likely to shop at Tescos than the other smaller supermarkets within reach, because I don't want to spend my precious leisure time visiting 4 shops when I could just go to one. Or better yet, get it all delivered rather than having to trek round the shops at all. At the moment, the only supermarket I can get deliveries from is Tescos, and I have to stay up til midnight and queue for 25 mins to book one delivery 3 weeks in advance.

Fortunately, as @Jim Lahey says, the lower carb, lower processed you go, the less you need to count anything. But my husband doesn't eat in as restricted a way, yet I still want to avoid high carb stuff for him.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
AAAAGGGGHHHH! Tesco has always been my main go to if I need to check carbs. If it's a deliberate policy rather than a glitch they'll be losing what online custom I give them

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update from Tesco via twitter

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.48.17.png

Reactions: Flora123

Jeanno

I'm glad I'm not alone in being concerned about this. I contacted Kingsmill and made a complaint just to see what will come of it. I still can't believe Tesco let manufactures go on their website and do what they want because the whole site, as far as I can see, has changed, and for the better. Except for some items, which have absolutely no nutritious values given whatsoever. I've been with Tesco for many, many years, but when life goes back to normal, if this doesn't change, I'll be switching to a website that gives full access to everything. I know roughly what's okay to eat, but I'm always looking for something new to switch up the diet and carbs have to be known to do that.

Jeanno

Just to let you know, I've had a reply from Kingsmill, who suggest I go to their website for any relevant information. I replied telling them if I did that for every item I wanted to buy, internet shopping would take forever. They say they cannot comment on behalf of Tesco. My last few lines to them say this:
So, at the moment, I'm stuck between a manufacturer who doesn't mind losing hoards of diabetic customer who shop with Tesco, which I imagine will include a lot of your products, and Tesco themselves, who claim what's on their website is out of their hands and nothing to do with them and everything to do with you.
Pretty sure it won't make a difference, but I feel better for getting it off my chest.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to let you know, I've had a reply from Kingsmill, who suggest I go to their website for any relevant information. I replied telling them if I did that for every item I wanted to buy, internet shopping would take forever. They say they cannot comment on behalf of Tesco. My last few lines to them say this:
So, at the moment, I'm stuck between a manufacturer who doesn't mind losing hoards of diabetic customer who shop with Tesco, which I imagine will include a lot of your products, and Tesco themselves, who claim what's on their website is out of their hands and nothing to do with them and everything to do with you.
Pretty sure it won't make a difference, but I feel better for getting it off my chest.
See post 34 .. Tesco admit it's a glitch with their website..
Info should be available on their app. Although I will admit not so easy to read.