Nexus Mini - TD-4287B - Changing Battery - a problem!

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

Yes, this IS a silly question ;) and I'm not in a good mood because of this :(

I have the Nexus Mini - TD-4287B and the battery is getting low so, every now and again, the 'Low Battery' error comes up. So, I thought I'd see what sized battery I need and if I need to get some in or if I have any in the house. I've discovered I need 2030, or something (forgotten which one but think I have some)

BUT, where on earth is the battery compartment, please??? This is why it's definitely a SILLY question LOL I love gadgets and technology etc. Take PC's to bits to make one good one!!! So, opening the battery compartment should be a doddle but I just can't find it :(

Please would someone help me before I go outside and get contaminated :rolleyes: !!!!

Many thanks ;)

[Edit] I've read the handbook, Googled but can't find info I need ;( J

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use mini ultra. I had mini years ago didn't use much then. If I remember rightly you need a cr2032 battery, side the back of should be marked with a arrow. Ring glucorx they might send you a new one free they do with the one I got

Reactions: Energize

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use mini ultra. I had mini years ago didn't use much then. If I remember rightly you need a cr2032 battery, side the back of should be marked with a arrow. Ring glucorx they might send you a new one free they do with the one I got
Thanks for trying to help. I've had another, very good, look for any indication, even under bright light, but there's nothing.

On the back, where it has the sticker with make/model number etc, I can see what could well be a section which would separate so I thought that would be the 'normal' place for battery compartment and that I should just 'press and slide' it off. I can't shift it and am afraid of breaking it. Yes, I thought the strength I used would have broken it, so not exactly using a 'light touch'!!!

I'll ring GlucoRx tomorrow and see what they suggest. Ha, a new one would be useful ;) (once I'd managed to break the back off this one ;) ) Hammer job, maybe ???

Thanks very much. Take care and hope you're not going stir crazy with the lockdown ;) Currently, I'm thriving on it and sewing for local NHS ;)

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before resorting to a persuader, have a look at these pages, it's not the same model number but the battery compartment "might" be the same.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/644604/Glucorx-Nexus-Td-4277.html?page=31

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/644604/Glucorx-Nexus-Td-4277.html?page=32#manual
Oh, unfortunately, still can't open. Just no movement at all. Daren't try prising with screwdriver, of course, as will possibly just break the casing. I can't believe opening battery cover should be so difficult that being so 'heavy handed' is necessary ;)

Many thanks @Tipetoo but still think I'll need to phone GlucoRx tomorrow. Happily, this is not so urgent as the battery will still work once I remove the strip and put it in again - at the moment, anyway ;) I also have Libre :)

I'll post the solution ...... ;)

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning folks

I've just phoned GlucoRx and, as @alanj suggested, they are sending me an upgraded model, plus a couple of batteries for this current one, in the hope I can, eventually, (maybe with some 'persuasion' and not breaking it) have a spare.

Also, I didn't know GlucoRx will send out new batteries, free of charge/postage, and that they actually prefer people to use their batteries (higher voltage and last longer, apparently)

Thanks very much for all the suggestions above. Unfortunately, none of them helped. Back to sewing scrubs/masks for local NHS ;)

Be careful, everyone, and hopefully stay safe ;)

[Edit] Why does the '@' sign display when tagging a member? I've noticed it doesn't seem to always, for some people. I've wondered this for a long time. Is it me, or technology ??? ;)