Type 2 Does anyone get regular chest pains?

T

Tone Clarke

I have been diagnosed for 2 years and have been on 4 Metformin per day for a while. I regularly get dull chest pains that go right through to my back. I've had recent ECG and the usual tests and have only slightly raised cholesterol.

Every time I speak to a medic about this, they say go to A&E when you get chest pains. So I wondered if anybody else suffers chest pains that can last a few days. I have no other classic symptoms of heart attack.

Antechinus

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm no expert, but I understand that the "signs" of a heart attack can vary from nothing to chest grabbing agony. I have met people who have felt unwell for a couple of days to told later they have been having a heart attack. GET IT CHECKED OUT by a doctor!

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
You can get referred pain in that area from Pancreatitis or certain stomach ulcers.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been diagnosed for 2 years and have been on 4 Metformin per day for a while. I regularly get dull chest pains that go right through to my back. I've had recent ECG and the usual tests and have only slightly raised cholesterol.

Every time I speak to a medic about this, they say go to A&E when you get chest pains. So I wondered if anybody else suffers chest pains that can last a few days. I have no other classic symptoms of heart attack.

Hi there, like others have said, you MUST speak to your Doctor. Even if anybody else did get chest pains lasting a few days there is NO way you could use that to try and determine what is causing your own. Any person getting chest pains cannot take the risk. x