Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone on another glorious day hope everyones well if not hugs ,my plan for today is to do a few jobs around the house then this afternoon soak up the sun while reading my book ,enjoy your day everyone :happy:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Having put myself on a "Back to Work" routine from Sunday, I have decided today is a Bonus Day Off (unless I get a call from work) to make cake I don't have to share with anyone else, drink the nice coffee I've been saving for a special occasion, and generally enjoy the day in a Japes-kind of way.

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
good morning everyone on another glorious day hope everyones well if not hugs ,my plan for today is to do a few jobs around the house then this afternoon soak up the sun while reading my book ,enjoy your day everyone :happy:

I have been sitting out in my back garden this afternoon, but just came back in to get some shade as it is so hot outside.
ps I am reading a book called Concrete Blonde, I hope you are having a lovely afternoon :)

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm working from home so envying all you good people lounging in your sunny gardens this afternoon - I did spend my lunch hour (the only good thing WFH is that I do get a proper lunch hour!) sat on the decking burning up - it was so hot my iphone decided it was too hot to operate and warned me - I've never seen that before but it was blinking hot though!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Back from one of the twice weekly walks in the woods. More people, and children than before but all of them cheerily distancing. My lovely black eye from the fight with the shrub’s a bit sore so it’s indoors with a cup of tea for now. Don’t want to go to check the greenhouse until later as not fond of being cooked, not good, and the freezer’s full anyway. The plants that have sprouted seem happy enough and luckily there are a few shady spots outdoors.
Like you @Robinredbreast, I’ve decided it’s an afternoon best spent reading.

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy your day painting round my front door today hope everyones well if not hugs

Reactions: kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, how are we all?
Weird day yesterday. The long awaited lily arrived for the new pond and I was so disappointed! 2 leaves growing pathetically from an 11inch basket. The water in the pond was freezing too so I'll just have to be extremely patient until it grows into a Monet.
Madam BG was a delight and stayed in the 4 badge range all day. I was wondering if this was because of having a meat free day??
Badge again today 5.2, very happy apart from putting on weight.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, awoke on 4.0 so a small amount of yogurt for me, no Novorapid but had my usual Tresiba.
The BBC news sank my heart last night, not good, missing someone so much.
Some photo's from my exercise walk yesterday, take care everyone, keep well and stay safe <3

Image_1587562974 - Edited.jpg
DSC_2045 - Edited.jpg

DSC_2059 - Edited.jpg

Image_1587563066 - Edited.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Back from one of the twice weekly walks in the woods. More people, and children than before but all of them cheerily distancing. My lovely black eye from the fight with the shrub’s a bit sore so it’s indoors with a cup of tea for now. Don’t want to go to check the greenhouse until later as not fond of being cooked, not good, and the freezer’s full anyway. The plants that have sprouted seem happy enough and luckily there are a few shady spots outdoors.
Like you @Robinredbreast, I’ve decided it’s an afternoon best spent reading.

I enjoy reading very much, especially a thriller.
My tomato seeds and peppers are growing nicely, flowers will be blooming soon, my Peony in my front garden always looks so vibrant with colour.
Looks like today will be the hottest so far, take care FG x

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 2.7 waking so feel a little special right now :p pins and needles in my right hand having slept on it but that'll be down to power tools rather than T1d. I've just finished making a stud wall for the breakfast bar to attach to and the Dyson just fits in the alcove, best bit is the board's flat enough to paper (& tile) so I'll not have to skim it (wipes brow)

IMG_0481.jpg

Back to the push bike today as the wind's dropped, and a little more sanding of course :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone, and yes it’s lovely and warm already @Robinredbreast. Watering and celebrating sprouting in the greenhouse to be done before it gets too hot. Later in the year there’ll be more shade from the s*****g great tree that established itself in the hedge after the ‘89 hurricane. If I knew then etc etc.
Don’t despair about the Lily @SueJB, the long-established ones in our pond have just a few small leaves right now; your Monet time will come. What colour’s yours?
I began the day with a video consultation about what I thought was a black eye. It’s not, it’s probably a cyst, he thinks, but is unsure. So am I. Maybe it’s a sting - dive bombed by an insect taking revenge for climate change? Maybe it’s an alien implantation? Anyway, whatever, some chloramphenicol’s waiting to be picked up, and the dark glasses are more fetching atm than the yucky, discoloured swollen original they hide.
4.7 this morning, not displeased: lots of corrections and raised basal to cope with whatever’s brewed in my eye.
Have a happy day everyone.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning everyone, and yes it’s lovely and warm already @Robinredbreast. Watering and celebrating sprouting in the greenhouse to be done before it gets too hot. Later in the year there’ll be more shade from the s*****g great tree that established itself in the hedge after the ‘89 hurricane. If I knew then etc etc.
Don’t despair about the Lily @SueJB, the long-established ones in our pond have just a few small leaves right now; your Monet time will come. What colour’s yours?
I began the day with a video consultation about what I thought was a black eye. It’s not, it’s probably a cyst, he thinks, but is unsure. So am I. Maybe it’s a sting - dive bombed by an insect taking revenge for climate change? Maybe it’s an alien implantation? Anyway, whatever, some chloramphenicol’s waiting to be picked up, and the dark glasses are more fetching atm than the yucky, discoloured swollen original they hide.
4.7 this morning, not displeased: lots of corrections and raised basal to cope with whatever’s brewed in my eye.
Have a happy day everyone.
@Fairygodmother hope the eye gets better soon. My lily will one day be white, it's Nymphae leibergii, as the pond I've just "planted" is quite small. No courgette seeds to be found anywhere and have just been in a virtual queue online to buy some

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! (As it's 12.00 noon according to my computer clock as I started this! )

Sorry about stealing everyone's blood sugars this morning - I was a mid-teens number which I have beaten into submission. I have my suspicions about that one, but will test it out on a repeat version of the meal later. I was miffed about that as it's been mostly between 4 - 7 since I did a few food adjustments.

Relatively enthusiastic return to some kind of working from home routine this morning. Two bags of shredding ready to go, more advance church admin done, some serious piano practise of a nature I rarely get time for now. My logic was I can't expect my piano pupils to do their working from home practice if I don't do mine. So, scales, arpeggios and technical exercises it was for a whole hour.

Off to the pharmacy to collect the prescriptions after lunch and see if the on-line system has worked. I refused to do it for a while, as it rarely worked when I did it before, but needs must right now. Also going to do a small shopping load whilst I'm out.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Late on parade today, too hot outside right now and I was outside early to miss the heat.

Still fencing to dog-proof the garden, when there was no shade there I went round anywhere in the shade and dug out dandelions. Very satisfying, and worked off the sneaky chocolate I had after lunch. Have a good day all, I've gott a virtual meeting tonight, so hope it's a quick one.

Stay well eveyone

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yippee! The on-line repeat prescription worked! Mind you, I did give a day or so more than I'd been told given they always have to order my test strips/ketone strips.

Yippee! I finally arrived when there was anti-bac spray of my preferred variety on the shelf. As in, the delightful shelf filler had just put them there. It's been the one item I've not been able to get throughout the lockdown period. I compromised on the washing powder one (my skin dislikes loads of them) as it was at least the same make, but there's not even been a sensible alternative for the anti-bac spray. Not that I use a lot of the stuff even now, but it's useful to have around.

I think as it's the end of my normal working day's hours, I shall call it a day for work and chores.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yippee! The on-line repeat prescription worked! Mind you, I did give a day or so more than I'd been told given they always have to order my test strips/ketone strips.

Yippee! I finally arrived when there was anti-bac spray of my preferred variety on the shelf. As in, the delightful shelf filler had just put them there. It's been the one item I've not been able to get throughout the lockdown period. I compromised on the washing powder one (my skin dislikes loads of them) as it was at least the same make, but there's not even been a sensible alternative for the anti-bac spray. Not that I use a lot of the stuff even now, but it's useful to have around.

I think as it's the end of my normal working day's hours, I shall call it a day for work and chores.
Isn't it amazing what now fills us with delight?!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1. It is amazing isn’t it? Stuff we used to just take off the shelf and now are delighted to find.

@kev-w I want you quarantined at my house lol, I have a room that’s not finished because our handyman sometimes island hops for his main job and we don’t want the exposure. Going on 7 days when he hasn’t so we are crossing our fingers for 7 more and he is due here next week.