What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All Ok in Wolfie's world. Just boredom setting in now. Not that I went out a lot before but it was nice to have the choice. Now my highlight, if I choose to accept it, is a dog walk around the nature reserve.

Cant go food shopping, not that I like it, because they say only one person to go in.
Cant go clothes shopping, not that I like it, because no clothes shops open so its all online.
And cant go book shopping as no book shops open only on the good old t'internet.

Thank heavens for gin

Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the weather has certainly changed. It's cold and wet and miserable. I wont be doing much outside today.

Lockdown for another 3 weeks, what are people doing to keep themselves occupied? I'm reading yet another book. House is spotless, laundry all done and put away. I was going to paint my kitchen for something to do but I cant find the rollers ha ha and I dont think Mr Policeman will see it as essential shopping. Oh well will have to wait for another day because I'm not painting it with a brush, will be like painting the Forth bridge, once you got to the end of the bridge it would be time to start over again. Dont fancy that.

I hope you're all well

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi @wolfie11969, yep know how you feel, cleaned house from top to bottom, waiting on a delivery from local timber yard to be able to finish shelving in my man cave,no rain to speak of here in Southend,but much cooler 16c,forecast for week ahead is clear sunny but cool easterly winds,
Shopping here can be hit and miss ...local Tesco varies from 10 to 30 queuing depending when we go....local Iceland...anything from 50 to 60 most times of day, ditto Waitrose,I won’t wait in a queue longer than 10 lol

IMG_1432.jpg
our two year old cox apple tree is doing well...and our baby wisteria
IMG_1433.jpg
Molly56 has been planting virtually every type of vegetable known to man...should be interesting
Hope your all avoiding the plagueand looking forward to day this is all just a fading memory

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm
Hi @wolfie11969, yep know how you feel, cleaned house from top to bottom, waiting on a delivery from local timber yard to be able to finish shelving in my man cave,no rain to speak of here in Southend,but much cooler 16c,forecast for week ahead is clear sunny but cool easterly winds,
Shopping here can be hit and miss ...local Tesco varies from 10 to 30 queuing depending when we go....local Iceland...anything from 50 to 60 most times of day, ditto Waitrose,I won’t wait in a queue longer than 10 lol

View attachment 40516our two year old cox apple tree is doing well...and our baby wisteriaView attachment 40517,
Molly56 has been planting virtually every type of vegetable known to man...should be interesting
Hope your all avoiding the plagueand looking forward to day this is all just a fading memory

I'm a bit concerned about my youngest granddaughter. She's just turned three and is rapidly going downhill health wise. She's sullen, lethargic and seems depressed if a 3 year old can even feel the effects of depression. She cant even bring herself to speak to us on the video call we make every few days. She spent her 3rd birthday earlier this month with just her mom and sister. They did try to make her day as special as they could but methinks the wee one is missing her routine of nursery and friends.

We understand what's happening, how do you explain to a 3 year old that in a few weeks things might be different. I guess at 3 you still dont have a concept of time. And we cant even go and give her cuddles because we all live in different houses.

Poor wee mite

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi@wolfie11969,we all feed off one another’s feelings and showing your granddaughter a happy positive face and message will help her and you and her

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi@wolfie11969,we all feed off one another’s feelings and showing your granddaughter a happy positive face and message will help her and you and her

hiya

Well things got worse and the wee one is now in HDU at hospital being treated for Type I diabetes. Ketones high, acid high, blood sugars high. They said any longer she would have been in a coma.

I am thanking the gp surgery that took it seriously and the ambulance crew who took her and the hospital staff and diabetic team looking after her.

As a side note nanna and grandad now have the eldest granddaughter living with us for the forseeable. Just taken my daughter's dog to another relative, we couldnt have her because our dog is anti social.

Now waiting for the police brigade as to why we have broken isolation and have a 10 year old in our home that doesnt live here. I'm sure one of the neighbours will report us, nosey g*ts.

And yes I've mentioned to my daughter to join this site because it can give far more advice and support than an overworked NHS.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told the end of a film
I've just steam cleaned the cooker, and I'm now thinking what else I can do with it. Because I'm trying not to do the job I should be doing:bag:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So sorry to hear your granddaughter is t1 , was it not known she was diabetic...sending you and all your family huge(hug) do what you need to do and don’t worry bout anyone else

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear your granddaughter is t1 , was it not known she was diabetic...sending you and all your family huge(hug) do what you need to do and don’t worry bout anyone else

No signs at all but then we wouldnt know how to look for the signs anyway as the diabetes we have is type 2. We have spoken to her father but he wasnt interested in giving any information so we are still none the wiser.

Daughter now on a learning curve of weighing food and giving insulin. Little one still to stay in hospital until at least tomorrow but the wee one isnt coping very well. She is now screaming when they come to do her blood sugar levels. I feel redundant because I cannot go and help out due to corona virus., s they will only let 1 person be with their child.

Trying to jolly my daughter along but not having much luck.

Onwards and upwards I think is the best way of trying.

Thanks for asking

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just steam cleaned the cooker, and I'm now thinking what else I can do with it. Because I'm trying not to do the job I should be doing:bag:

you can
clean tiles
clean floors
clean woodwork
painted surfaces
mirrors
windows
u can steam clothes instead of ironing them

lots to do with a steamer :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
No signs at all but then we wouldnt know how to look for the signs anyway as the diabetes we have is type 2. We have spoken to her father but he wasnt interested in giving any information so we are still none the wiser.

Daughter now on a learning curve of weighing food and giving insulin. Little one still to stay in hospital until at least tomorrow but the wee one isnt coping very well. She is now screaming when they come to do her blood sugar levels. I feel redundant because I cannot go and help out due to corona virus., s they will only let 1 person be with their child.

Trying to jolly my daughter along but not having much luck.

Onwards and upwards I think is the best way of trying.

Thanks for asking

Very difficult days are with us all,especially when our children and grandchildren are seriously ill and theirs not much we can do,maybe ask her sister what you could make or get to give her.
Molly56 and I send our love and best wishes to you all

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very difficult days are with us all,especially when our children and grandchildren are seriously ill and theirs not much we can do,maybe ask her sister what you could make or get to give her.
Molly56 and I send our love and best wishes to you all

ty both for your support.

Things seem to be getting much better.

Daughter and granddaughter going through how to do insulin and what foods to have etc.

Little one having tantrums so must be getting better.

Fingers crossed they will be hone in the next few days.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey@wolfie11969,glad to hear things are getting better,children are very resilient aren’t they
The book by dr Richard Bernstein,
IMG_1587744280.899328.jpg
is very helpful and he has been a t1 for the last 55 yrs and has helped many people( me included) he also does a weekly on line clinic and answers q’s other books are available

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Little one is home, came out yesterday afternoon.

She wanted to see her nanna so we had a sneaky visit. Going to take her dog back later so doorstep for us as we had their pet over.

Lots of monitors - 4 I think. Plus a link to a phone app so you can track what youre eating and what carbs it has. I've been advised to hide my fruit bowl as little one likes to rummage through and eat what she can find.

Lets see how things go. My daughter did OK last night but the wee one woke up having a nightmare so hoping it wasnt anything hospital related. Fingers crossed she doesnt develop a phobia of nurses, doctors etc.

She's back to the hospital on Thursday for outpatient appt, I guess for a check up to see how mom and daughter are doing.

I cant see it being the end of things, I can see intervention for a long while yet.

Poor wee soul

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie11969,so glad to hear your granddaughter is out and worst is over,now it’s education and strict eye on her foods, sure you’ll work it out to her best interest,very best wishes to you all

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Hope today finds you well. It's pretty murky here in the Midlands so who knows what way the weather will change.

Up waiting for the gas engineer. Our boiler seems to have died. So interesting to see what that will be.

Little one back to her mischievious self. She found a box full of makeup I had given to my elder granddaughter and decided to paint herself pretty. Clown is the word I'd say but we all told her she looked beautiful.

Daughter beating herself up as the wee one has had 2 hypos since coming out last week and I've told my daughter 2 isnt bad and that she is doing a good job. The hospital are looking at new fangled gadgets like pumps to train them up so it will make it easier for insulin etc.

I've suggested my daughter join this site for info and people to speak to in the same situation but I cant force her.

Today well I'm reading a new book about Salisbury Plain. Caveman times at the moment. Lets see how that pans out.

Have a good day everyone

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey@wolfie1196,That’s great news re your granddaughter too your Daugter very well done.....it’s not easy to treat a child ad it sounds like she is going the basic care(S) very well
At least it’s not freezing outside hope it’s fixable and within your budget
I have been to Stonehenge more times than I’ve had hot dinners,in all weathers
Been nice and sunny today shopping at Morrison’s no queue in big queue for till...
More work in man shed building french cleat storage system.
Molly56 and I send best wishes to you all

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow nearly 2 weeks since I last posted. I'd like to say I have been busy but I cant say I have. Have done a lot of sleeping, a lot of reading and nowt much else.

I have had my granddaughter for a few hours on 2 of the days as its hard work taking the youngling and the elder girl to the hospital and try take in what they are telling you.

Everyone here is alive, havent killed them with my cooking, yet. We're having turkey today, bought a crown a few weeks ago in all the madness so thats what Sunday food consists of.

Also looking to buy bunk beds for the grandchildren for after this nonsense has stopped so they can have sleepovers. Dont think hubby relishes the thought of 2 kids up early in the morning but my daughter needs a break every now and again.

I hope you are all well, enjoying the good old Brit weather we have had (yeah summer has been early and will disappear when we're able to do more)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Very wet day here in Southend.....makes a change as we hardly get any rain
Getting used to lockdown...fortnightly shop....then just a walk now an then and Rome around our garden,lots growing..peas,beans,radishes,courgettes,raspberries,strawberries,lettuce,spring onions,onions,lemon seeds,orange seeds,avocado plant from stone now 6 foot tall,basil,thyme,chives,lemon mint,pineapple mint,tomatoes various,coriander,cucumbers,and a cox apple tree.
IMG_1500.jpg
found time to make a weather vane.