Just Diagnosed Pre Diabetic

oracle999

Just got my blood results back. Having been on LCHF diet for about 3 weeks HBA1c has come down from 42 to 37
HDL was 1.29 now 1.90
LDL gone slightly worse 0.85 to 1.07
Triglycerides was 2.12 now 1.71

I am on 20mg of Atorvastatin. Maybe I can speak to the doctor and reduce that to 10

oracle999

Just got my blood results back. Having been on LCHF diet for about 3 weeks HBA1c has come down from 42 to 37
HDL was 1.29 now 1.90
LDL gone slightly worse 0.85 to 1.07
Triglycerides was 2.12 now 1.71

I am on 20mg of Atorvastatin. Maybe I can speak to the doctor and reduce that to 10
The HDL is incorrect. It should be Non HDL 1.90

serum HDL is 1.15 which is slightly worse

Reactions: linda4amici

oracle999

How accurate are the measuring machines? Within the space of 10 minutes I just recorded 6.6, 5.9, 5.8 and 6.6. Is this normal? I hadn't eaten anything for 3 hours

oracle999

How accurate are the measuring machines? Within the space of 10 minutes I just recorded 6.6, 5.9, 5.8 and 6.6. Is this normal? I hadn't eaten anything for 3 hours

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a margin of error of 15%. Just take the average and go with that. ;)

oracle999

Could someone help on meal testing. Before the meal 5.1 1 hour after it was 9.9 and 2 hours after it was 5.8
Is that an acceptable meal or is the spike to 9.9 after 1 hour too high.
Thanks

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I'm fully committed to starting a LCHF diet and have worked out a number of meals. My problem is breakfast. I hate cooking in the morning and I have a eggs in a lot of other meals. I'm thinking berries, nuts and cream but not sure I can stomach cream every day. Any quick to make breakfast suggestions would most welcome.
Can you make a nut based Granola? Relatively simple and about two weeks worth of breakfasts.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Nothing? skip breakfast entirely and extend your overnight fast for a few more hours?
But watch out for Dawn Phenomenon. This is where your liver produces Glucose to give you energy for the day. It stops when you eat. I can't skip breakfast as my BG just goes up and up. You may be able to. But test. Find out.

Reactions: Divia

sapte

Hi Oracle999

I have been prediabetic for the past 3 yrs. Every year i visit my doc for an annual she tells me I am prediabetic and asks me to cut down carbs completely. Thats almost impossible for me but not difficult. So I tried. What i realized was the days I do not have obvious carbs like bread/sugar/rice or any refined grains my random blood sugar is more stable. So thats what I finally settled on. I would hate to see my prediabetes turn into a full blown diabetes (which may be inevitable given its in my genes) but I am going to do every bit to help delay it by eating healthy and exercising. So I have started intermittent fasting - My last meal of the day is at 7pm and I skip BF (i understand from the post that you are habituated to having BF) and have an early lunch. I break my fast with Low Carb High Protein meal. Ofcourse not everyone can manage IF - there could be side effects of headaches etc, but I wanted to throw this out there as an option. Fasting for long hours 16 or more does help regulate insulin levels. Eventually your body will get accustomed to it. Also another tip is to eat more of low glycemic index foods. You can google those. Hope this helps.

Stay safe and Take care
Ruthy

Reactions: Divia