Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Key worker appreciation night is sounding to my dog like "Christmas."
Once a week is a long time for a hound.
The pot banging in my area must sound like the "gods" fork tap on his bowl when grubs up..?
Must find a different way to show mine next time. I've recently invested in a PA I can't use. & have a hefty horn on a van used just as less.. (Well the horn only gets tested for MOTs.)

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Round here people have taken Thursday evening as an excuse to let fireworks off each week. Which to my mind is pointless at 8pm in the summer as you can’t even see them. Last night I had only just got the kids to sleep when it kicked off, baby woke up so we had to spend a big chunk of the evening resettling.

All that extra feeding clearly took its toll - woke up on a 3.2, just shovelled some jelly babies in so hopefully on the up!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done @ArtemisBow 29/50 here which is pretty consistent for us.
Morning all looks like it’s heading for a nice day here after a bit of a blip yesterday. Have had a busy week painting summerhouse but managed hubby’s circular walk with him yesterday and will do again today. A 31/2 miler. Then a relax I think. Woke on a nice 5 that had been pretty steady all night so very happy.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB did you get any courgette seeds? how many do you want if not?

So my new normal didn't last, complete opposite in fact - why are we not surprised :p Last two mornings I've woken to a red line having dropped steadily overnight - first breakfast a couple of glucotabs.

Mist has quickly burnt off and now - sun is shining!

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, are we all well? Hope so.
Madam BG being beautiful just like @becca59 and @Tony337. I was wearing the 5 badge in the garden all day yesterday and I'm off to a fine start this morning 4.7
Thanks @slip I "stood" in a virtual queue and have ordered some more courgette seeds. Even if they take 2 weeks to come, they'll still have plenty of time to grow.
It's bin day.
I wish the local recycling centre was open as the number of perennial weed bags is growing and I can't put them in the compost bin.

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, up on a 5.9, thanks, that'll do nicely. Walked early to avoid the heat, back to dog-proofing the garden now.

@SueJB I really relate to the garden waste thing - I'm starting wonder where to put the bags of weeds and prunings that I can't compost. I also have a garden bench that became terminal when we had the last high winds here which blew it over for the third time and the damage now is irreparable. I have a stack of pieces and I can't even burn it as it's painted.

Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe everyone, especially those of you still going to work, shopping, anywhere near anyone etc etc, and may all your bgs be badge winners

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone, are we all well? Hope so.
Madam BG being beautiful just like @becca59 and @Tony337. I was wearing the 5 badge in the garden all day yesterday and I'm off to a fine start this morning 4.7
Thanks @slip I "stood" in a virtual queue and have ordered some more courgette seeds. Even if they take 2 weeks to come, they'll still have plenty of time to grow.
It's bin day.
I wish the local recycling centre was open as the number of perennial weed bags is growing and I can't put them in the compost bin.

Sue, it could be worthwhile looking at your council's refuse collection website.

Our garden refuse collections are resuming next week. I have signed up for COVID email updates from our council, but didn't receive anything about this. I read of it on our neighbourhood Nextdoor page, then checked.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sue, it could be worthwhile looking at your council's refuse collection website.

Our garden refuse collections are resuming next week. I have signed up for COVID email updates from our council, but didn't receive anything about this. I read of it on our neighbourhood Nextdoor page, then checked.
I don't have a garden refuse bin as the recycling centre is just round the corner and the council charges for collection. I've checked their website and it's closed. As you say @hh1, it's very frustrating especially as the weather is magical and the perennials are coming on fast.................. especially the bind weed

Reactions: Leeannea

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Garden-based activity also happening here today. My council is still collecting garden waste bins. I do pay for my collection as I don't have a car and we're not allowed to turn up on foot at our recycling centres. I'm not a gardener at all, but I do keep it tidy enough and the grass cut.

I have at least a small van load of stuff to go to the recycling centre when it re-opens. Garden bench and other items from the shed the landlord is happy for me to get rid of when I can as well as some fence wood from, um, 2016. Storm Doris if I remember correctly. And a few deceased electrical items. But, I've held on to most of it for 5 years, I'm sure it can wait for a little longer. No, I will not be adding it to the fly-tipped stuff at the back which is being added to daily by other people and reported daily by me as well.

In the meantime, on my daily Government-mandated walk, I wandered into my church to check up on the organ and pick up a few files I forgot to bring home in March. It does feel very sad in there. Doesn't smell of that distinct church-y smell, though, @Fairygodmother, it's an advantage of a 1960s building!

I was correct about what had sent my overnight blood sugars sky-high yesterday. Repeat of the same meal, minus the suspected item, along with a bit of extra fast-acting before bed, still resulted in a slightly higher than usual fasting this morning, but nowhere near the day before.

Reactions: hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Garden waste hadn't stopped in our area. Recycling day had changed, but landfill & green have been pretty consistent.

@Japes , I actually managed to get to the tip with a load just before all this kicked off.
However, I've still got an old roll of Lino & a kettle to get shot of..

Reactions: Japes

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Garden waste hadn't stopped in our area. Recycling day had changed, but landfill & green have been pretty consistent.

@Japes , I actually managed to get to the tip with a load just before all this kicked off.
However, I've still got an old roll of Lino & a kettle to get shot of..

Landfill and recycling continued here, but garden suspended.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
BG’s misbehaving today. I guess just the thought if snorkeling gave me my exercise for today. I’m actually wondering if I doubled dosed for something I didn’t end up eating. Now I’ve had half a vegan candy bar and slowly climbing while sitting in the car at the beach parking lot. How come they don’t taste as good when you have to eat them?

PS I went snorkeling after I got my BG up, of course it dropped again fast but at least it waited until after I was done!

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

@Marie 2 I have this theory when my body clinically needs sugar I don't taste it. I sometimes drink Full Sugar Coke when I'm hypo and quite enjoy the taste (which is why I don't use it all the time!) but it doesn't taste yukkily sickly sweet sugary as it does if I accidentally have some when I thought I had a Diet version.

Pondering how to make today feel like a Saturday. Doors are shut on the music room (unless I decide to go and play the piano for fun) and the spare room where several on-going tasks are cluttering it up. Garden-based activity will not take place.

Decisions, decisions...

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Second morning in a row I’ve woken up hypo. Looks like my basal adjustment was not as successful as I thought. Can’t seem to get it right for my “sometimes but not every day DP”. I need to do some proper basal testing but that just feels impossible at the moment, so will just keep muddling through.

Reactions: Xal