Hypos

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What does everyone use when they hypo? I’m using glucojuice at the moment...didn’t know if anyone had any other suggestions ...hate jelly babies lol

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Kaate I use glucotabs, take 3 and treat them like medication, I prefer using these to anything else as it's an easy way to control the amount you take, anything else and I can easily over treat !

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kaate I use glucotabs, take 3 and treat them like medication, I prefer using these to anything else as it's an easy way to control the amount you take, anything else and I can easily over treat !

Oh 100% I was having coke at one point and it was just way too much!!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Haribo Sqidgy Strawbs - they're 5 carbs each so easy to have the right amount - maybe find some sweets you can eat?
As a bonus they are virtually indestructable in my pockets, they don't crumble, they don't melt, they don't make a mess, they may get a few dents in them when being prodded by my car keys but they do reform :)

Reactions: EllieM

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Haribo Sqidgy Strawbs - they're 5 carbs each so easy to have the right amount - maybe find some sweets you can eat?
As a bonus they are virtually indestructable in my pockets, they don't crumble, they don't melt, they don't make a mess, they may get a few dents in them when being prodded by my car keys but they do reform :)

Ahh that’s interesting! Thankyou!!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm a big glucotab fan, as they come in a resealable and refillable waterproof container. (You can also buy refill tubs of 50 and, an added bonus, the sealable waterproof tubs for my diabetic testing strips are exactly the right size for about half a tube of glucotabs.)

Reactions: Juicyj and Kaate