Latest HbA1c. Excellent news.

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had the result of my latest HbA1c and it's 36 mmol/mol :D. I'm so thrilled about that. I was diagnosed at the beginning of December 2019 with a HbA1c of 73 mmol/mol so it's come down quite quickly primarily due to diet.

Many thanks to the folks here who helped me while I was struggling. I can't thank you enough xx

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had the result of my latest HbA1c and it's 36 mmol/mol :D. I'm so thrilled about that. I was diagnosed at the beginning of December 2019 with a HbA1c of 73 mmol/mol so it's come down quite quickly primarily due to diet.

Many thanks to the folks here who helped me while I was struggling. I can't thank you enough xx

Congratulations what did you do? To bring it down

Reactions: Captain Crunch

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wonderful! Good work! :)

84green

Fantastic news and a great achievement. Many congratulations - you did it!

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone. I almost can't believe it myself, even though my own self-monitoring strongly suggested this would be a good one :). It's also my first HbA1c with no remnants of my previous eating habits so I'm especially pleased that my diligence has paid off.
Congratulations what did you do? To bring it down
Hi @UsmanMo96, Basically a low carb diet with regular blood testing - once just before a meal and again 2 hours after. For the first three or four weeks after diagnosis, I had 'carbophobia' and I was on a virtually zero-carb diet. This was before I was self-testing. Once I'd got myself a meter, I started to relax the no carb regime a bit and experimented with what foods spiked me and what didn't. I find I can easily tolerate about 80g carbs a day, but very occasionally I'll have up to 100g. I eat a lot of chicken, stir fry vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, blueberries, strawberries, chia pudding, and cream. I also take cream in my coffee. I'll have red meat (usually beef or lamb) about twice a week.

Reactions: rosalindp

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my latest HbAIC result today and was delighted at the result 36.5 or 5.5% which is in the normal range :)

Reactions: Jayne1983

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.

Hi well done I’ve reversed mine with diet and it was 54mm now 36mm do u still follow the same diet and do u now have the odd treat I haven’t Yet I daren’t I’m to scared to

Captain Crunch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi well done I’ve reversed mine with diet and it was 54mm now 36mm do u still follow the same diet and do u now have the odd treat I haven’t Yet I daren’t I’m to scared to
Thank you. And well done to you too. Feels great doesn't it? :). I was also so thrilled to come off Metformin after only being on it for about three months.

I do still follow a low-carb diet (typically 50-80g/day) although I do allow myself the odd treat these days, and thoroughly enjoy them all the more for being occasional. I hope I'm not overdoing it though as due to Covid I've not had an HbA1c test for about a year now. My personal blood readings are OK though.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Thank you. And well done to you too. Feels great doesn't it? :). I was also so thrilled to come off Metformin after only being on it for about three months.

I do still follow a low-carb diet (typically 50-80g/day) although I do allow myself the odd treat these days, and thoroughly enjoy them all the more for being occasional. I hope I'm not overdoing it though as due to Covid I've not had an HbA1c test for about a year now. My personal blood readings are OK though.
That’s really good your readings are ok still how how often do you get blood test done I’ve only had one yer I’m glad to be in the normal range does this mean we are not diabetic any more but if we put the weight back on then it will come back I’ve had no in information of my doctors just the results saying non diabetic no further action Like you say It’s hard to get in touch with COVID I hope your next test is good

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.

Hi. How long were you on metformin? How long did it take for the metformin and diet start to show better numbers on your meter? I am still seeing the odd 9 but some 7 and 8’s 2 hrs after food. Very well done. X

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Well done and I can feel your pride in those figures! The people on this forum are what keep me going, and focused and they are all brilliant, and worth their weight in gold. One in particular has steered me (my main man B.B.) but I won't embarrass him too much. This forum is a life saver!