Type 1 Sticky situation!

TraceyT

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you remove the gluey mark left on your arm following the removal of your Libre?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just leave it as it is, I never see the back of my arms anyway.
But I suggest you try something like baby oil or olive oil before resorting to nail polish remover or alcohol wipes. I've heard good things about baby oil and it's much friendlier on the skin.

Reactions: TraceyT

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use alcohol wipes (that I got from Amazon), I did try baby oil but mostly what happened with that was that I ended up with baby oil everywhere (man I made a big mess) and it didn't seem to remove the sticky residue from my arm very well anyways and that then annoyed me for hours.

Reactions: TraceyT

TraceyT

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nail polish remover.

I just tried nail polish remover, but it didn’t seem to work on my Libre mark!
Think I’m going to have to order some of the alcohol wipes suggested.
But thank you anyway.
I will try some baby oil when I can get hold of some too :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But thank you anyway.
There are 2 alcohol wipes in the box with every Libre. You can use one to clean before applying and the other for cleaning the old site.
As I don't clean the old site I always use the second one to clean my computer screen but you can clean your computer with other things as well :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you remove the gluey mark left on your arm following the removal of your Libre?
Hi,

I simply exfoliate the area during a shower using a flannel. I swap arms each time I change a Libre & have noticed since wearing a Miaomioa Bluetooth transmitter over the top. No dark ring left after peeling off? (I wear a lot of black) & the recent warm weather has removed the need for long sleeve..

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At my training we were told the first alcohol wipe they include is to remove any natural oil or creams/moisturisers etc off the surface of the skin, to help the adhesive last longer, then second alcohol wipe is to sterilise the area.

I've now got it so my libre runs out in the evening, I take it off and then when I shower in the morning it doesn't usually take much persuading if I put warm soapy water on the area and leave that to soak, gentle scrub with a flannel and that's that! I had some alcohol wipes from boots from a knee scraping incident last year and they worked well too, key is to soak it I found then it doesn't need much scrubbing.
Hope that helps!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wash the area with soap and water and then I rub my finger back and forth over the sticky areas (where the adhesive has collected and is hanging on for grim death), and I find this rolls the adhesive into a little ball which I then pick off. Sounds pretty gross but works every time. x

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
But thank you anyway.
Possibly because it is too low or nil, acetone content. Look for higher content of acetone or buy pure acetone - works excellently, and very cheap.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not going out so why does it matter?! I wear it as a badge of pride.
For me it's not how it looks (I don't particularly care how it looks :)), but it's sticky and it irritates me and I can almost feel it there (its probably just because I know its there)

Reactions: NicoleC1971

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I reuse the wipes that come with the Libre sensor once I've wiped where the new one's going and put it on, means no sensor for an hour but it's ok.

So yeah, alcohol wipes :)