Critical illness cover - does it exist for Type 1?

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I was diagnosed with type 2 a few years ago and finally had this reviewed and confirmed type 1. I have a current mortgage, life insurance and 2 years left on my critical illness cover. I have recently looked at reviewing my mortgage but don’t seem to be able to get any critical illness, particularly complicated by a recent hospital admission -leading to the change in diagnosis. Plus I am not yet stable and still waiting for follow up appointments which have been cancelled due to Covid19. Has anyone been able to get critical illness cover or should I give up and look at some sort of payment/salary protection plan. Obviously I know you are not (well some might be) financial advisors, but I just want to find out if anyone has had some success in this? TIA

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi, I was diagnosed with type 2 a few years ago and finally had this reviewed and confirmed type 1. I have a current mortgage, life insurance and 2 years left on my critical illness cover. I have recently looked at reviewing my mortgage but don’t seem to be able to get any critical illness, particularly complicated by a recent hospital admission -leading to the change in diagnosis. Plus I am not yet stable and still waiting for follow up appointments which have been cancelled due to Covid19. Has anyone been able to get critical illness cover or should I give up and look at some sort of payment/salary protection plan. Obviously I know you are not (well some might be) financial advisors, but I just want to find out if anyone has had some success in this? TIA

Take a look at this, critical illness cover is discussed half way down the page.
https://www.moneysworth.co.uk/life-...oazQ0qxniL2GCIcV5Kih1OlY8eRTiA6RoC_CoQAvD_BwE

Reactions: Bewildered

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the same issue have just got a Mortgage and wanted cover but been refused solely due to being type 1 ‍♀️ be interested to hear if you find a way