Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,
Hope everyone is well, I’ve not been about as my uncle passed away last week and we’re to attend his funeral via zoom tomorrow due to covid restrictions, I feel so bad for my mother as she never got to see him. Apart from that I’ve been running a temperature of 37.5/6 for the past three days now I don’t know if that’s something to worry about as I feel warm but I’ve convinced myself I’ve got covid and nearly thrown up thinking about it. any advice would be very welcomed right now.
Sending hugs xx

Reactions: npatel19

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning
3.9 at 5.30 am now at work and 5.3 sat at my desk supping coffee...…

Have a top Tuesday one and all

Tony

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi @Fairygodmother thank you for your kind words, my mum was close to him growing up but unfortunately in recent years didn’t get to see much of him as we live in Nottingham and he lives in London, he is one of four brothers and the first sibling to pass away.

My temperature at the moment is classed as normal, I spoke to the GP this morning and she said she wasn’t worried about those numbers. But as it’s not normal it’s really freaking me out and I’m just anticipating it to get worse which I need to stop doing I’m going to call my diabetic nurse tomorrow and see what she thinks. X
Try not to worry too much. I know you’re a bit of a worrier. Have you got something that’ll be a pleasant distraction?

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try not to worry too much. I know you’re a bit of a worrier. Have you got something that’ll be a pleasant distraction?

I really have become a hypochondriac in recent years and this uncertain period in which we are living has probably made that worse. yes I’ve got my laptop so might watch some movies to keep me occupied. I spoke to my diabetic nurse today and she told me that my HBA1C had come down from 65 in jan to 59, which was a very welcomed surprise. She also said that even though my temp is 37.6 it’s normal if it starts hitting 38 and beyond then I’ll have to look into what’s going on and will call her or my gp back.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well good morning all, bloods good, plants being watered by the sky so I don’t have to do it myself, new seedlings getting bigger so there’ll be fresh garden produce to eat later in the year, husband happily painting the attic room: all should be well.
Yes there’s a but. A very big but. If I’d got a stack of pitchforks I’d hand them out to all and hire the coaches. I expect you can all guess why I’m feeling like this so I won’t go all political on you but just say that words fail me!!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no, I’m sorry, send dogo hugs please from all of us :( I hope your dog gets better soon!

Hi & thanx.

I don't think it's anything he can get better form? (Old age.)

Basically, he spent 8 hours at a vet hospital sedated having the works..
X-ray for heart blood & urine tests. Abdominal ultra sound..?

The outcome. "It's what We would expect from a dog 13/14 years old.." He's closer to 18.

However, he does have a collapsed trachea. & a little anemia. Which may have caused him to temparily black out..?
Oxigen supply?

By the time I picked him up from the vet centre, it was late.
When we rocked up home, he didn't want to get out the van.?
I was basically up half the night keeping an eye on him as he come down off whatever substance they "slipped in his drink." (Most likely injected.)
It was pretty much like a night out with an old fuzzy felt pharmacy ex of mine as it descended for a while into a certain amount of disorientation & paranoia..

Seems alright now.

Reactions: npatel19

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I really have become a hypochondriac in recent years and this uncertain period in which we are living has probably made that worse. yes I’ve got my laptop so might watch some movies to keep me occupied. I spoke to my diabetic nurse today and she told me that my HBA1C had come down from 65 in jan to 59, which was a very welcomed surprise. She also said that even though my temp is 37.6 it’s normal if it starts hitting 38 and beyond then I’ll have to look into what’s going on and will call her or my gp back.
Cheerful movies are keeping us all going at the moment, I don’t think you’re alone in needing them. I’ve just downloaded a book that’s a bit like reading a reincarnation of Victoria Wood. Very much needed!
Congratulations on the lowered HbA1c. That’s brilliant!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Aw @Jaylee, your dog’s having the best old age care he could be given. He’s a very lucky pooch.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheerful movies are keeping us all going at the moment, I don’t think you’re alone in needing them. I’ve just downloaded a book that’s a bit like reading a reincarnation of Victoria Wood. Very much needed!
Congratulations on the lowered HbA1c. That’s brilliant!

Hi @Fairygodmother ,

If you like a bit of Victoria Wood'sm? (& she was great.)

Check out Jodie Whitaker's first series as Doctor Who.?
Pretty much a dead ringer, inbetween the Peter Davidson breathy whimsical isms too?

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Fairygodmother ,

If you like a bit of Victoria Wood'sm? (& she was great.)

Check out Jodie Whitaker's first series as Doctor Who.?
Pretty much a dead ringer, inbetween the Peter Davidson breathy whimsical isms too?
I will, I will. Thanks.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I hope everyone is okay, sending hugs to everyone going through a rough patch. I think I’m coming to a point where I will admit defeat. My bf isn’t employed, I’m paying everything and I can’t afford everything. I just had to help my bf pay his insurance + cancellation fees because he didn’t pay last month. Which will mean next week, it’ll be solely paying off my overdraft and nothing goes towards bills and rent. We haven’t paid any bills for about a month. The awkward thing is, we can’t move out. If we do move out, landlords probably won’t get anyone to view the property because estate agents are closed, so they’ll be out of pocket with an empty house. So it’s definitely a no win win situation :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

I hope everyone is okay, sending hugs to everyone going through a rough patch. I think I’m coming to a point where I will admit defeat. My bf isn’t employed, I’m paying everything and I can’t afford everything. I just had to help my bf pay his insurance + cancellation fees because he didn’t pay last month. Which will mean next week, it’ll be solely paying off my overdraft and nothing goes towards bills and rent. We haven’t paid any bills for about a month. The awkward thing is, we can’t move out. If we do move out, landlords probably won’t get anyone to view the property because estate agents are closed, so they’ll be out of pocket with an empty house. So it’s definitely a no win win situation :(

Meichanski - I don't know what sick pay arrangements you have in your workplace, but it is legal for those in sheilding situations to be put on furlough.

I'm not, nor have I even been a member of UNISON, but their documentation is usually pretty plain English.

https://www.unison.org.uk/coronavirus-rights-work/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-qa/

Edited to add, part of the rescue package released by the government was to help those facing difficulties with the likes of rent - both tenant and landlord.

I don't have links for that to hand, but the gov.uk/coronavirus has a good search facility, and those documents are pretty plain speaking too.

It is worth spending some time putting all those research skills gained in Uni to good use.

Reactions: MeiChanski

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Test is today and we’ll get results by Thursday, thank you
Hi Mei good luck with the test! Could you let us know about your experience as my brother is also classed as a key worker and is currently trying to get a test booked in for my family and I too.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Mei, I'm not sure what the situation in your area is with agriculture. But there was a program on the t'other week regarding UK farmers understaffed in the field, getting produce to market due to COVID? (Food wastage.)
This maybe an avenue for your BF to take regarding employment?

Reactions: MeiChanski

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, somehow most of my day disappeared...... I clicked & collected from Tesco, piece of cake, but then had to sort it out between 6 households, calculate what everyone owed, deliver, WhatsApp costs & my bank details (which I managed to get wrong - twice!) and so it went on.... Did manage to do some cooking this afternoon, and of course got my exercise walking my dog. And speaking of dogs, @Jaylee I'm glad yours is still with you though it sounds as if you've got to that very difficult point where things just start to go wrong for them and you have to make all the decisions. Hope I'm wrong and that yours rallies and carries on. Either way it's tough, sending hugs.

@MeiChanski lots of good advice from others, I've nothing to add except hugs and fingers crossed for you too

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It’s been quite a day, hasn’t it. Hope everyone’s feeling a bit better as the evening approaches and tomorrow’s a bit better.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mei good luck with the test! Could you let us know about your experience as my brother is also classed as a key worker and is currently trying to get a test booked in for my family and I too.

Hello, sending you hugs! My manager sent a text with a link to the health and social care coronavirus test via government website. Once you’ve filled in your details, they’ll show you a number of testing centres within your area, you pick one and a time slot. They’ll send you a QR code via email and you’ll need to take your ID with you. So far it’s been quite quick and smooth. Once you arrive, you present your ID and QR code, they’ll tell you to stay in your car with windows shut. They’ll hang a testing kit around your rear view mirror. A woman or a man in full PPE will use that kit to swab your nostril and throat. I think the throat swab was the most uncomfortable one, it’s like you are about to gag. Nose swab was okay, a bit of a tickle. You’ll get results via phone or email in 2-3 days. But they’ll give you a card with a number to call if you don’t hear from them.

Testing centre was quite quiet, no rush and not busy so it’s quite a quick swab and go.