Lancet (re-) use

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I made an assumption it was prescribed on the nhs? In which case all prescriptions are priced by item so this makes no sense and if you are on any diabetic medications should be free if you get an exemption certificate.

Yea I self fund the strips, just for some odd reason a box of 100 strips and lancets is 9.99 and a box of just 100 strips is 10.99!

or is it something you buy directly as a multipack type thing?

resander

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Using lancet for about a month. Measured values typically range 5.9-7.4mmol/L, so there is little or no measurement to measurement carry-over effect. Also no wear and tear causing increased pain.

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never understand this argument? Lancets cost pennies, what price do people put on keeping safe? Surely using a compromised medical device is never a good idea, but when we are told we are high risk to the virus we should be taking every precaution.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I never understand this argument? Lancets cost pennies, what price do people put on keeping safe? Surely using a compromised medical device is never a good idea, but when we are told we are high risk to the virus we should be taking every precaution.

Exactly they cost pennies so 1 test 1 lancet