Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you again, I’m not furloughed atm, I’m just at home until I get my corona results. If negative, I’ll be back at work.
I think I’ll call my councils coronavirus helpline for help to see what they have to offer. I know with rent, my landlord said it’s not worth them taking a mortgage holiday so we’ll still have to scrap by to pay them. But they’ve been nice about it. As for other things, it seems utility bills/ companies aren’t very understanding atm. I’ve looked into benefits and apparently it could take months before we even get a dime. :(

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you again, I’m not furloughed atm, I’m just at home until I get my corona results. If negative, I’ll be back at work.
I think I’ll call my councils coronavirus helpline for help to see what they have to offer. I know with rent, my landlord said it’s not worth them taking a mortgage holiday so we’ll still have to scrap by to pay them. But they’ve been nice about it. As for other things, it seems utility bills/ companies aren’t very understanding atm. I’ve looked into benefits and apparently it could take months before we even get a dime. :(

Hi Mei thank you for sharing your experience, how you are feeling symptoms wise? Have you tried setting up a minimum payment plan with utility bill / companies surely they should be understanding given the current climate and at least accept a minimum payment even if it’s as little as £10 a month for the next few months? I’ve tried to take payment holidays with a few of my loans theyve said no too so I’ve had to set up a minimum payment plan for the next three months instead.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, sending you hugs! My manager sent a text with a link to the health and social care coronavirus test via government website. Once you’ve filled in your details, they’ll show you a number of testing centres within your area, you pick one and a time slot. They’ll send you a QR code via email and you’ll need to take your ID with you. So far it’s been quite quick and smooth. Once you arrive, you present your ID and QR code, they’ll tell you to stay in your car with windows shut. They’ll hang a testing kit around your rear view mirror. A woman or a man in full PPE will use that kit to swab your nostril and throat. I think the throat swab was the most uncomfortable one, it’s like you are about to gag. Nose swab was okay, a bit of a tickle. You’ll get results via phone or email in 2-3 days. But they’ll give you a card with a number to call if you don’t hear from them.

Testing centre was quite quiet, no rush and not busy so it’s quite a quick swab and go.

Was it the Ricoh centre you went to or another one?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another busy morning sanding for me and my daughter came to stay this aft, good thing really as I bought her a chocolate cake reduced to 60p and proceeded to have a sharply dropping blood after tea so she spared me a fat slice :)

It's been a long time since I tasted chocolate cake, my bloods stayed above 4mmol but spiked shortly afterwards but I injected for that so I should have probably just had a couple of dextrotabs, but you know, every once in a while.

Edit, I managed a decent attempt at egg fried rice with tea, seems more than the single egg is required

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, up early with an 11.4mmol overnight, perhaps the egg fried rice but I doubt it as it was the 'standard' portion I eat most days, probably more to do with stealing a piece of my child's chocolate cake for the dropping blood sugar after tea and not riding the push rod yesterday.

The local coffee roaster reopened so I need to revisit them as my beans stash is running low again :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1587979331693.jpg

Reactions: MeiChanski

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. Yup, go get that coffee @kev-w, life without coffee’s like a phone without a charger.
6.4 on waking this morning, very quick rise to 7.7 getting up so one unit of Fiasp went in before consciousness was fully regained. Seems to be working. So far.
My fingernails are turning into an extension of the garden tool collection so today they’ll be given a treat. Whatever improvement’s made won’t last long though; it’s like wearing decent shoes for a stroll down to the compost heap - that quick hop (well, maybe a step) onto a veg bed to pull out a weed, and while there that weed over there too, and they’re muddy before I remember I’m wearing them. Yes, I’ve got some gloves for the gardening, yes, I’ve got some ancient footwear for it too. I’ll never be an instagram type.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning all. Yup, go get that coffee @kev-w, life without coffee’s like a phone without a charger.
6.4 on waking this morning, very quick rise to 7.7 getting up so one unit of Fiasp went in before consciousness was fully regained. Seems to be working. So far.
My fingernails are turning into an extension of the garden tool collection so today they’ll be given a treat. Whatever improvement’s made won’t last long though; it’s like wearing decent shoes for a stroll down to the compost heap - that quick hop (well, maybe a step) onto a veg bed to pull out a weed, and while there that weed over there too, and they’re muddy before I remember I’m wearing them. Yes, I’ve got some gloves for the gardening, yes, I’ve got some ancient footwear for it too. I’ll never be an instagram type.
I'm the same @Fairygodmother . A gardener's instinct is to step and pull regardless of shoes and gloves

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, hope the weather /work /etc is keeping you busy.
Hypoed during the night, glug of orange juice and 6.7 this morning. That's OK as I've got to do the weekly shop. I created a face mask yesterday

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, just had a decent hour's walk and avoided the rain which is meant to get here before long. Agree completely with the gardening comments, and it's why I always seem to get distracted when I'm doing a specific task - suddenly see a weed that'll seed if I don't pull it now, or notice something that I have to deal with right now. It's my excuse for not finishing things....

Got back from my walk on 4.3 and a down arrow, about to do some heavy duty gardening until the rain comes so thought I'd better have a tiny treat first ;) Hope you all have a good day, stay safe, have steady bgs

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mei thank you for sharing your experience, how you are feeling symptoms wise? Have you tried setting up a minimum payment plan with utility bill / companies surely they should be understanding given the current climate and at least accept a minimum payment even if it’s as little as £10 a month for the next few months? I’ve tried to take payment holidays with a few of my loans theyve said no too so I’ve had to set up a minimum payment plan for the next three months instead.

No problem, so far I can’t taste or smell much, migraine like headaches and a blocked nose accompanied by sneezing. Unfortunately not yet, I’ll have to speak to my potato bf to sort through everything. Because I said I’m not coughing up another £250 to reinstate his car insurance and cancellation fees.

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke up on 10.9 so have given my background and one unit of novorapid to bring it down. Temp is still 37.5 which is consistent with the past four days. At the moment when I wake up I feel bunged up slight tightness in the head and a blocked nose so will continue to monitor. Back online at work today after a difficult day yesterday watching my uncle being paid to rest.
Hope everyone is well, staying safe and has a good day.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, busy few days with work :) Diabeeetus behaving well enough, considering hormones, varying levels of activity and baking. Keeping everything crossed for @MeiChanski and anyone else feeling rubbish.

On a rest day today and tomorrow, so I’m planning to unearth my sewing table from the strata that’s inevitable from it being the first flat surface you encounter as you enter the novel. I’ve got all the stuff to complete two patchwork quilts, and I’d like to do those. Also got an essay to write, but meh. Two new books are grabbing my attention away from that, Stephen King’s “The Stand”, which I’ve never actually read; and “The Butcchering Art”, a book by Lindsay Fitzharris about how Joseph Lister transformed the grisly world of Victorian medicine. That’s practically homework :D And I’ve got biscuits to make with my fantastic new cookie cutters. The collection so far: a rainbow, Ravens in a tree, a heart, lungs, brain, ambulance, pancreas, medical symbols and a zombie gingerbread man who gets iced to look like a trauma patient. I’ve got a skull and a detached foot on their way.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon all, I hope you are all keeping safe.
Awoke on 4.1 this morning, which is good, so I had my small yogurt drink without any Novorapid, this has happened a few times, also lunch time readings have been good, not sure what is happening,but not injecting is a nice feeling.
I've had lunch after a very busy morning, rain here , so that has kept me busy at home.
Take care x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good afternoon all, I’m all set for a longer necessary journey tomorrow, yippee! The last longer journey was the day before lockdown and there’s still petrol in the car, another yippee!
Finished the tedious gathering of accounts so dropping the bundle off at the accountants - social distancing measures to do this are like a bad ‘60s spy novel.
Cookies with attitude @LooperCat, like it!
Hope those are all the symptoms you’ll get @MeiChanski - the bad headache doesn’t sound good. Glad you’re asking the potato bf to step up too.
Back to my lighthearted book now on this grey afternoon. I got Dr Who series 1 on iPlayer @Jaylee, and yes, very refreshingly like Victoria Wood. Shame about the decline into cartoon baddy at the end of the first episode tho.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@LooperCat The Stand is an excellent book. Very long I believe if I remember over 1,000 pages. I don’t know if you saw the movie, they did an excellent job in making it but no way can it get close to everything that goes on in the book. One of my favorite books and kept me wanting to read it even though it was so long. I highly recommend it!

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@LooperCat The Stand is an excellent book. Very long I believe if I remember over 1,000 pages. I don’t know if you saw the movie, they did an excellent job in making it but no way can it get close to everything that goes on in the book. One of my favorite books and kept me wanting to read it even though it was so long. I highly recommend it!
I like long books. Currently half way through re-reading A Song of Ice & Fire, which runs to six volumes - just wish Mr Martin would finish writing it!

Reactions: Marie 2