Need friends!!

leighcooke19

I’ve always said I’ve wanted to have more friends that are diabetic, but have never thought about how to go about it Now I’m hating this lockdown and thought it would be a good time to try and make some friends! Reply to this if you’re up for being my friend

Reactions: JTL

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve always said I’ve wanted to have more friends that are diabetic, but have never thought about how to go about it Now I’m hating this lockdown and thought it would be a good time to try and make some friends! Reply to this if you’re up for being my friend
Hello @leighcooke19

I am a very ancient woman with T2.
So I am bumping your post in the hope that it will get noticed by someone nearer your own age, who will have something relevant, and age appropriate to chat about.

I doubt we have the same sort of interests, but will look in again, should you feel so lonely you might want to chat.

Have you thought about looking in on this thread?
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-1stars-r-us.

Reactions: Antje77

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hi Leigh I reckon you came to the right place.
Most people on here will be your friend to some degree or other I would imagine.
I'm a T2 in my late 60's under house arrest as many on this planet seem to be right now and it's hard going.
For a retired old man with numerous health issues and didn't realise just how busy my life is till now.
I'm missing the doorbell ringing and the hustle and bustle of all the people who normally come and go.
Me and missus JTL have the grandkids over often .... not for a month now or is it longer maybe?
So I'm honing my synthesizer skills ready to make some more tunes to upload and reading lots of books.
My synthesizer skills aren't getting any better and I'm bored silly with reading!
So it's down to planting ginger onions garlic carrots spuds ready for the food shortages.
You don't look old enough but if you have a lawn dig it up and get growing some grub .... or get your dad to do it!
Hope you find some friends on here.
I pop in most days but you might find an old fart like me gets a bit boring.
Plenty of younger people on here though.

Allan59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Too many to mention:
Hello Leigh,
I am diabetic 2 ( found out last year ) and I only joined the forum a few days ago - and getting so much good advice from other members.
I too am 60 years young - I run my own building business over here in Sweden, and also run a entertainment & media web site -
The only problem I have right now- is I can not stuff myself with chocolate Easter eggs - this will be my first year not doing this - and boy ! I love chocolate - especially those cream eggs.
We are not on lock down yet over here in Sweden - but I have took one month of work to see how this coronavirus pandemic will spread over here - best to be safe than sorry.
As other members have said- I am sure you will find friends of your own age over on this fantastic forum- and as you see already- even though we are not the same age as you - we do care, as we have responded to your message.
So chin up - and stay safe :);):)

I'm Steve

I have recently joined this forum and I have read several positive and friends comments. Suggesting similar of the poster.

I'm type 2, diagnosed in 2012.

Raisen22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Girl!

I have zero diabetic friends! I’m type 1, diagnosed in 96.

BAM! Now you have a friend!

Lotties94

Hey!

I'm Lottie. 26 and newly diagnosed with T1 diabetes. Always looking for new friends especially diabetic as very few people understand what it's like.

Feel free to chat ♡