BG are wild!

Aknitty

Hello
I had suspect Coronavirus around the 30th March and self isolated for two week. Am type one.

My bloods were really stable during that time.

Suddenly, they have gone wild and over last three days are rarely below 15mmol, often around 20mmol.

I have thrown out my in use pens and started new from the fridge, twice, no difference.

I am on Fiasp and Tresiba.

Any possible ideas?
Thanks x

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Were the new pens out of a new box from the ones you were using? If not, maybe try that. If they were from a new box, you could be coming down with a different infection, or be stressed about something. I've had batches of Fiasp that are just like water. We don't know how well they've been stored and transported before we receive them. Also, just looking at your levels, have you checked for ketones? Sending hugs, as high levels make me feel yuk.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello
I had suspect Coronavirus around the 30th March and self isolated for two week. Am type one.

My bloods were really stable during that time.

Suddenly, they have gone wild and over last three days are rarely below 15mmol, often around 20mmol.

I have thrown out my in use pens and started new from the fridge, twice, no difference.

I am on Fiasp and Tresiba.

Any possible ideas?
Thanks x

How long since the coronavirus symptoms disappeared? Any chance you could still have the virus?

mattrix

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have seen the same thing.
I got an infection whilst wearing a Libre. When I had symptoms my PG's were like a roller coaster, but for some days after there was nothing I could do to get my PG's down.

Bishop

If no matter how much insulin you take you don't drop, it must be the insulin. I had this problem a few times and after I changed both pens, basal and fast-acting it finally started to come back. But I need to mention I was on holiday, summertime, very hot outside.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve read that Type Ones have insulin-need responses to Covid-19 that don’t follow the usual pattern for an illness. I’ve also read that Covid-19 takes longer than two weeks to run its course. Have you any symptoms still? Are you following sick day rules?
I hope the highs come down for you soon.

Reactions: Liftupjoe