Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, it's a cold dark Thursday today, not sure what I will be up to, but awoke on 7.5 this morning,
Pebbles cat is on my shoulders now purring and giving me lots of cuddles, her paws are cold though lol
Have a good day and a safe one x

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Light rain showers forecast today, with not much chance till 9 - so it's currently hammering down here! Got up during the night on a 5, 7.6 by the time I got up this morning. Hmm.

A day of phone calls - work, social, volunteer stuff - so apart from walking my dog, the weather's a bit unimportant (although she'd like to get out the garden more). Hope all your days are unaffected by unpredictable weather, unpredictable bgs, and anything else you'd like :)

Enjoy your much deserved days off @LooperCat , and hope things start to improve for you @MeiChanski

Reactions: kev-w

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, awoke on 4.7 although yesterday was difficult my temp hit 37.8 so took two paracetamol and it had come down to 37.5 before bed. This morning it is 37.6 so I’m really trying hard not to freak out because I nearly vomited out of anxiety yesterday.

Hope you all have a good day. @MeiChanski hope you are starting to feel better.

Reactions: kev-w

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I woke with an ugly 11 which put me in an ugly mood at 5.30 am …..i'm supping coffee again now with an acceptable 6.5
and my mood has lifted somewhat...

Have a thrilling Thursday everyone

Tony

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 4.2 waking and a mornings decorating coming up, a trip to B&Q via Halfords and the coffee roasters too I think as I need essentials from all of them :p

I need to put a prescription in for some Humalog junior pens :p and some needles today but I'll have to ring it in as the surgery has closed their 'repeat box' and I don't fancy their online ordering system, the last time I ordered Humalog the chemist next door to the Dr's gave me full unit pens so I've still got 4 of those pens in the fridge that'll not get used :banghead:

Take care y'all :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone hope all is well if not hugs have a good day ,weather a bit hit and miss sunny 1 minute then cloudy the next but we have been so lucky with the weather over the last 4 weeks so that i am grateful for,enjoy your day everyone im off to find something to do which is proving difficult as everything has been scrubbed and painted but i dare say ill find something ;):)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Gearing myself up for a walk after a couple of rainy days. I did the main weekly shopping at the usually better further away supermarket, but it was not helpful in the matter of a couple of essential to a Japes items so as I'd almost run out of those I'm going to risk the nearest supermarket in the hope they are in stock there and the queue to get in is not too long.

@kev-w I feel your pain with the wrong insulin item - I had quite a bit of trouble when I switched from Levemir/Novorapid flex pens to the Echo pens and I'm still using up the last of those. Fortunately, at the moment, my insulin needs seem to be higher as I'm not nearly as active as usual, try as I might, so I'm OK with whole units whereas when I'm at work those half units can make a real difference.

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, busy busy here. Rest day but new course books arrived, so I’m busy ignoring them. So far I have done my work timesheet, had lengthy chats with various people and am designing a cookie cutter for my friend to 3D print. Oh, and I’ve made bread with my son, played pointless games on my iPad and considered putting some washing away. Not really in a diabetes mood so have mostly been ignoring that as well. 6.2, fwiw.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Test results are in and apparently it is positive that I have the coronavirus. How I got it? I’ll never know. My work place has been testing my temp and it’s always in the 36° range. So I can confirm you don’t need a high temperature and a continuous cough. My manager needs the results certificate that I didn’t get with my email. Apparently I need to do another test to get it. But I looked online and there’s no home testing kits left. I don’t fancy running out to spread it.

Reactions: karen8967

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Really sorry it's positive for coronavirus Mei. Hope you start to feel better soon, and are managing to look after yourself. When you feel poorly, diabetes is the last thing you can be bothered testing etc. Take care and let us know how you're doing. Re the certificate, could you reply to the email you got with your results on, and ask them for a certificate, or forward that email to your manager?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Test results are in and apparently it is positive that I have the coronavirus. How I got it? I’ll never know. My work place has been testing my temp and it’s always in the 36° range. So I can confirm you don’t need a high temperature and a continuous cough. My manager needs the results certificate that I didn’t get with my email. Apparently I need to do another test to get it. But I looked online and there’s no home testing kits left. I don’t fancy running out to spread it.
Aw big hugs mei hope you recover quickly x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I'm saddened to read this Mei.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello friends,

I hope it's just a milder version of COVID-19 and you make a full and a healthy recovery.
Take good care , sending (((((HUGS)))))))) X

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski I hope you are all better soon and take great care of yourself and many hugs your way.

I would assume the most likely place you got it is at work or your bf. Has anyone been sick at work? They just randomly tested a bunch of people in a couple of cities who were never sick for antibodies and a percentage had them. So some people never or at least hardly have symptoms. Did your bf have a positive too?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

What a pain Mei. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Was your boyfriend tested at the same time?

Have there been any other cases, or suspected cases where you work?

Do you have everything you need? I'm guessing you're locked in now for several days, or a couple of weeks?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mei, so sorry to hear that, like everyone else, hope you recover quickly and have no problems getting a certificate to satisfy work. Look after yourself.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, it's turned out nice again here so I can see a bike ride happening at some point, probably in-between decorating :) 3.9 waking on the Libre but 4.2 on a fingerstick so I'm happy with that :)

I didn't get my coffee yesterday (I clean forgot :p ) so aim to maybe use my bike ride to collect it later, or I hope I can as they may say 'come Monday' which'll give me chance to finish of the Lavazza I had to get from the supermarket when the coffee roaster closed.

Best wishes @MeiChanski.

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967