Constant headaches

Starstruck111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi does anyone suffer from constant headaches. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been run over a bus expecting my sugars to be sky high and they were fine at 5.2. I drink water all day everyday but as I’m new to insulin I’ve been advised to introduce slowly with only breakfast and evening meal at the moment. My nurse knows I have cereal or toast for supper, which is obviously carbilicious. Could it be the high going to sleep is causing this? Tia

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
If I’ve been running high a few days or if I’ve been bad with food. Then when I start to bring it back under control I suffer from a bad head and almost feels uncomfortable behind the eyes. For me it goes away after a couple of days

DorsetJon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Could it be that you are actually going too low during the night? Going hypoglycaemic overnight used to give me a morning headache, like a hangover but without the enjoyment the night before! (I don't get these headaches now, as I have a continuous glucose monitor that sets off an alarm and wakes me up if I'm going too low). It might be worth setting an alarm to wake you up once or twice during the night to see what is happening to your blood sugar level then. It could possibly be low overnight and then rise to a normal level before you wake up.

Starstruck111

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m waiting to see if I’m eligible for the libre monitor so hopefully I will be. In the meantime I might set an alarm tonight and see what’s going on overnight. It’s all very new to me so know it’s trial and error in relation to the highs and lows

Reactions: EllieM