Bloods off help please

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My reaction to insulin has been tough for 3 days ie around 11 ...despite corrections with every meal its not responding very well. Ive been harbouring a cold kind of thing and not feeling well so i kind of expected it. However its become silly i had 10 gms carb this morning and 4 u novororapid i was at 11 at this point 4 hrs later =10 .7 i know its difficultto control if youre not well but i went for a walk this afternoon and bloods responded quite well ( although i shoved a u in before i went ) .if you have an infection going on i wondered if excercise would still inpact on bgl .. ive also changed the pen for another batch ...lets see

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My reaction to insulin has been tough for 3 days ie around 11 ...despite corrections with every meal its not responding very well. Ive been harbouring a cold kind of thing and not feeling well so i kind of expected it. However its become silly i had 10 gms carb this morning and 4 u novororapid i was at 11 at this point 4 hrs later =10 .7 i know its difficultto control if youre not well but i went for a walk this afternoon and bloods responded quite well ( although i shoved a u in before i went ) .if you have an infection going on i wondered if excercise would still inpact on bgl .. ive also changed the pen for another batch ...lets see

Hi there, have you looked at whether your basal is right at the moment? It looks like your before & after results were pretty much the same? I would guess that if you are normally within your range then yes, it's the cold/not feeling well. I've continued to exercise with an (above the neck) cold and I do find it takes longer for my levels to fall than normal after the exercise, I'm guessing your body is too busy fighting off a virus to do much of anything else and it may be that being ill makes you more resistant to insulin. Personally I up the basal if I know I'm ill. x

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, have you looked at whether your basal is right at the moment? It looks like your before & after results were pretty much the same? I would guess that if you are normally within your range then yes, it's the cold/not feeling well. I've continued to exercise with an (above the neck) cold and I do find it takes longer for my levels to fall than normal after the exercise, I'm guessing your body is too busy fighting off a virus to do much of anything else and it may be that being ill makes you more resistant to insulin. Personally I up the basal if I know I'm ill. x
Thanks Kk i started that today..funny tho , i feel better and bloods have dropped back into place tonight hey ho ..thankyou

Reactions: UK T1 and Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @annliggins having the same experience myself at the moment - every night I go to bed in single figures and wake in the mid teens, there’s no rhyme or reason sometimes although there will be a cause it’s just impossible to nail. Hopefully your spell is over now and things will return to normal :)